yast systemd journal no longer works

nicholas cunliffe
im on latest TW "20170524". Yast:systemd-journal reports "calling journalctl
failed:". journalctl still works from terminal.

Re: yast systemd journal no longer works

ianseeks-4
On Sunday, 28 May 2017 11:37:07 BST nicholas wrote:
> im on latest TW "20170524". Yast:systemd-journal reports "calling journalctl
> failed:". journalctl still works from terminal.

I found that after seeing your email.  I still get the program open.  Its
default the filter thats at fault, if you change the filter it works,  but if
you use the default choice of "Between these dates", it fails.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170524
Qt: 5.7.1

Re: yast systemd journal no longer works

Ancor Gonzalez Sosa
On 05/28/2017 05:51 PM, ianseeks wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 May 2017 11:37:07 BST nicholas wrote:
>> im on latest TW "20170524". Yast:systemd-journal reports "calling journalctl
>> failed:". journalctl still works from terminal.
>
> I found that after seeing your email.  I still get the program open.  Its
> default the filter thats at fault, if you change the filter it works,  but if
> you use the default choice of "Between these dates", it fails.

I assume something changed in the syntax of the journalctl command [rant
striped]. Please, report the YaST bug in bugzilla.

Thanks.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH

On Monday, 29 May 2017 09:57:58 BST Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

> On 05/28/2017 05:51 PM, ianseeks wrote:
> > On Sunday, 28 May 2017 11:37:07 BST nicholas wrote:
> >> im on latest TW "20170524". Yast:systemd-journal reports "calling
> >> journalctl failed:". journalctl still works from terminal.
> >
> > I found that after seeing your email.  I still get the program open.  Its
> > default the filter thats at fault, if you change the filter it works,  but
> > if you use the default choice of "Between these dates", it fails.
>
> I assume something changed in the syntax of the journalctl command [rant
> striped]. Please, report the YaST bug in bugzilla.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers.
Just attempted to do that so i thought i'd test it again today and it now
works today but when i change the date range 27 May to 28 May it fails.
Interesting one for someone
Bug 1041301

On Monday, 29 May 2017 11:17:00 CEST ianseeks wrote:

> On Monday, 29 May 2017 09:57:58 BST Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
> > >
> > > I found that after seeing your email.  I still get the program open.
> > > Its
> > > default the filter thats at fault, if you change the filter it works,
> > > but
> > > if you use the default choice of "Between these dates", it fails.
> >
> > I assume something changed in the syntax of the journalctl command [rant
> > striped]. Please, report the YaST bug in bugzilla.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Cheers.
>
> Just attempted to do that so i thought i'd test it again today and it now
> works today but when i change the date range 27 May to 28 May it fails.
> Interesting one for someone
> Bug 1041301
mine is still broken. (I have added a note to the report).
I was wondering after sending email if it could be a damaged journal due to
several REISUB during other bug hunt (gradio freeze system if swappiness set
too low at initiation of swap). But your report seems to indicate it is a
generic system fault.

On Monday, 29 May 2017 10:39:55 BST nicholas wrote:

> On Monday, 29 May 2017 11:17:00 CEST ianseeks wrote:

> > > I assume something changed in the syntax of the journalctl command [rant
> > > striped]. Please, report the YaST bug in bugzilla.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Cheers.
> >
> > Just attempted to do that so i thought i'd test it again today and it now
> > works today but when i change the date range 27 May to 28 May it fails.
> > Interesting one for someone
> > Bug 1041301
>
> mine is still broken. (I have added a note to the report).
> I was wondering after sending email if it could be a damaged journal due to
> several REISUB during other bug hunt (gradio freeze system if swappiness set
> too low at initiation of swap). But your report seems to indicate it is a
> generic system fault.
Have you added you logs etc as requested?  It might be needed if yours is
still broken.