yast LCN trunk decommissioned

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

yast LCN trunk decommissioned

Stanislav Brabec-2
Hi.

Yast LCN SVN is now completely decommissioned in the trunk branch. All
po and pot files were deleted and all changes that were done in last two
months were merged to GitHub and imported to Weblate. Hopefully that
there were no conflicting translations found (i. e. no different changes).

No part of the work should be lost, independently on repository used.
 From now on, only Weblate can be used for yast translation in Tumbleweed.

Enjoy https://l10n.opensuse.org/

To be done:

Import of strings from SLE12 SP2 into Weblate is planned as well. These
translations were created in past by contracted translators, but they
were never merged back to openSUSE. Strings will be imported to Weblate
as suggestions for the master branch.

All these translations will be imported as string suggested by "SLE
Merge Robot". Users then could review them, merge, reject, join and edit.

Note that SLE12 SP2 translations that were missing in the master/trunk
branch were added to existing community translations.

It will finally solve


Technical details:

https://svn.opensuse.org/svn/opensuse-i18n/trunk/yast/
yast removal commits in the LCN SVN:
r97100 to r97104

yast import in GitHub:
https://github.com/yast/yast-translations
imported in commits b0e2c6c8e9f95345705799bbaad709a330cd51d0 and
f334b526ce8601f75ff11f13660197a2a6e3a16a

If you are interested in technical details of the merge process, here is
a one shot tool I written for this purpose:
https://github.com/yast/yast-translations/commit/2ad39671be8e6929a6dc4d26b1115a47d06f1fa3

SLE Merge Robot run will be a tricky work. Weblate does not support
batch notification yet. To prevent sending tens of thousands mails to
watching users, we will have to block notification temporarily.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
---------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                         e-mail: [hidden email]
Křižíkova 148/34 (Corso IIa)                  tel: +49 911 7405384547
186 00 Praha 8-Karlín                          fax:  +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/
PGP: 830B 40D5 9E05 35D8 5E27 6FA3 717C 209F A04F CD76
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: yast LCN trunk decommissioned

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
2016-09-23 7:45 GMT-03:00 Stanislav Brabec <[hidden email]>:

> Hi.
>
> Yast LCN SVN is now completely decommissioned in the trunk branch. All po
> and pot files were deleted and all changes that were done in last two months
> were merged to GitHub and imported to Weblate. Hopefully that there were no
> conflicting translations found (i. e. no different changes).
>
> No part of the work should be lost, independently on repository used. From
> now on, only Weblate can be used for yast translation in Tumbleweed.
>
> Enjoy https://l10n.opensuse.org/
>
> To be done:
>
> Import of strings from SLE12 SP2 into Weblate is planned as well. These
> translations were created in past by contracted translators, but they were
> never merged back to openSUSE. Strings will be imported to Weblate as
> suggestions for the master branch.
>
> All these translations will be imported as string suggested by "SLE Merge
> Robot". Users then could review them, merge, reject, join and edit.
>
> Note that SLE12 SP2 translations that were missing in the master/trunk
> branch were added to existing community translations.
>

Hi,

This part I didn't like to much. Why? Because for pt_BR (as example)
we translate thinks a little bit different so it could lead to
different translations inside the same module. These SLE translations
should be added as suggestions so we can review the strings.

Regards

Luiz
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: yast LCN trunk decommissioned

Stanislav Brabec
Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:
> 2016-09-23 7:45 GMT-03:00 Stanislav Brabec <[hidden email]>:

>> Note that SLE12 SP2 translations that were missing in the master/trunk
>> branch were added to existing community translations.
>>
>
> Hi,
>
> This part I didn't like to much. Why? Because for pt_BR (as example)
> we translate thinks a little bit different so it could lead to
> different translations inside the same module. These SLE translations
> should be added as suggestions so we can review the strings.
>
Many languages have bad community maintenance, so we did that to prevent
decrease of translation percentage.

This is too late to do it differently for now. But if you want, I can
generate a special po file that will contain all these strings.

You can review that file, and then upload.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
---------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                         e-mail: [hidden email]
Křižíkova 148/34 (Corso IIa)                  tel: +49 911 7405384547
186 00 Praha 8-Karlín                          fax:  +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/
PGP: 830B 40D5 9E05 35D8 5E27 6FA3 717C 209F A04F CD76
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: yast LCN trunk decommissioned

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi,

I'll apreciate that!

Thanks

Luiz

2016-09-23 9:56 GMT-03:00 Stanislav Brabec <[hidden email]>:

> Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:
>>
>> 2016-09-23 7:45 GMT-03:00 Stanislav Brabec <[hidden email]>:
>
>
>>> Note that SLE12 SP2 translations that were missing in the master/trunk
>>> branch were added to existing community translations.
>>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This part I didn't like to much. Why? Because for pt_BR (as example)
>> we translate thinks a little bit different so it could lead to
>> different translations inside the same module. These SLE translations
>> should be added as suggestions so we can review the strings.
>>
> Many languages have bad community maintenance, so we did that to prevent
> decrease of translation percentage.
>
> This is too late to do it differently for now. But if you want, I can
> generate a special po file that will contain all these strings.
>
> You can review that file, and then upload.
>
> --
> Best Regards / S pozdravem,
>
> Stanislav Brabec
> software developer
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                         e-mail: [hidden email]
> Křižíkova 148/34 (Corso IIa)                  tel: +49 911 7405384547
> 186 00 Praha 8-Karlín                          fax:  +420 284 084 001
> Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/
> PGP: 830B 40D5 9E05 35D8 5E27 6FA3 717C 209F A04F CD76
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: yast LCN trunk decommissioned

Stanislav Brabec
Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:
> I'll apreciate that!
>
Here are promised files:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/sbrabec/yast-translations-sle-contributions/

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/sbrabec/yast-translations-sle-contributions/yast-translations-sle-contributions.tar.bz2
contains all files in one download

> 2016-09-23 9:56 GMT-03:00 Stanislav Brabec <[hidden email]>:
>> Many languages have bad community maintenance, so we did that to prevent
>> decrease of translation percentage.
>>
>> This is too late to do it differently for now. But if you want, I can
>> generate a special po file that will contain all these strings.
>>
>> You can review that file, and then upload.
>>

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
---------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                         e-mail: [hidden email]
Křižíkova 148/34 (Corso IIa)                  tel: +49 911 7405384547
186 00 Praha 8-Karlín                          fax:  +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/
PGP: 830B 40D5 9E05 35D8 5E27 6FA3 717C 209F A04F CD76
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: yast LCN trunk decommissioned

Stanislav Brabec
Sorry for the confusing README.

The process there does not work, and merging it back is more complicated.

I just uploaded new README and two tools that can help with the upload
of the review.
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/sbrabec/yast-translations-sle-contributions/README

Dne 23.9.2016 v 19:35 Stanislav Brabec napsal(a):

> Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:
>> I'll apreciate that!
>>
> Here are promised files:
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/sbrabec/yast-translations-sle-contributions/
>
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/sbrabec/yast-translations-sle-contributions/yast-translations-sle-contributions.tar.bz2
>
> contains all files in one download
>
>> 2016-09-23 9:56 GMT-03:00 Stanislav Brabec <[hidden email]>:
>>> Many languages have bad community maintenance, so we did that to prevent
>>> decrease of translation percentage.
>>>
>>> This is too late to do it differently for now. But if you want, I can
>>> generate a special po file that will contain all these strings.
>>>
>>> You can review that file, and then upload.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
---------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                         e-mail: [hidden email]
Křižíkova 148/34 (Corso IIa)                  tel: +49 911 7405384547
186 00 Praha 8-Karlín                          fax:  +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/
PGP: 830B 40D5 9E05 35D8 5E27 6FA3 717C 209F A04F CD76
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]