what rpm(s) provide window decorations?

Felix Miata-3
I have a minimal installation I added plasma5-session & plasma5-workspace to.
Windows have no titlebars, and even though Konsole opens, I can't get it into
focus and use it. Xterm is functional. Configure desktop doesn't open any more. It
did until I added some theming and icon packages. If I try to run systemsettings5
from Xterm, all that occurs is this message: "qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin". IIRC,
when it worked, there was no Window Decorations to select.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: what rpm(s) provide window decorations?

Fabian Vogt-2
Hi,

Am Samstag, 18. Mai 2019, 04:41:08 CEST schrieb Felix Miata:
> I have a minimal installation I added plasma5-session & plasma5-workspace to.

Won't be enough - use the kde_plasma pattern. If you've enabled onlyRequires
(which is really not recommended!), you'll also have to install some other
packages such as qqc2-desktop-style.

> Windows have no titlebars, and even though Konsole opens, I can't get it into
> focus and use it.

Sounds like kwin_x11 isn't running.

> Xterm is functional. Configure desktop doesn't open any more. It
> did until I added some theming and icon packages. If I try to run systemsettings5
> from Xterm, all that occurs is this message: "qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin". IIRC,
> when it worked, there was no Window Decorations to select.

You need to uninstall qt5ct, it's incompatible with Plasma.
Plasma uses plasma5-integration-plugin instead.

Cheers,
Fabian

Re: what rpm(s) provide window decorations?

Felix Miata-3
Fabian Vogt composed on 2019-05-18 10:29 (UTC+0200):

> Felix Miata composed:

>> I have a minimal installation I added plasma5-session & plasma5-workspace to.

> Won't be enough - use the kde_plasma pattern. If you've enabled onlyRequires
> (which is really not recommended!), you'll also have to install some other
> packages such as qqc2-desktop-style.

>> Windows have no titlebars, and even though Konsole opens, I can't get it into
>> focus and use it.

> Sounds like kwin_x11 isn't running.

Too late to check now unless I undo the undo.

>> Xterm is functional. Configure desktop doesn't open any more. It
>> did until I added some theming and icon packages. If I try to run systemsettings5
>> from Xterm, all that occurs is this message: "qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin". IIRC,
>> when it worked, there was no Window Decorations to select.

> You need to uninstall qt5ct, it's incompatible with Plasma.
> Plasma uses plasma5-integration-plugin instead.

ISTR someone saying more than once that keeping KDE3 and Plasma on the same system
is a problem. This might be evidence of its truth. IIRC, qt5ct is needed by KDE3
for YaST2 applet font size configuration.

For now this is moot. This was on a 15.1 test box using KDE3. I already purged
plasma* and libKF5* from it. It's one of the oldest and slowest of my 64 bit
boxes, with Intel video. I wanted to see how snappy Plasma might be on the oldster
with Leap. It still has Plasma without KDE3 on TW.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/