what happened to glibc's xlocale.h

Dave Plater lst
Hi, at least three packages, shotcut, libmlt and it's linked webvfx,
that were just accepted into Factory fail to build due to a missing
xlocale.h in glibc-devel. Can anybody shed any light on what's happened
so I can fix it?
Thanks
Dave

Re: what happened to glibc's xlocale.h

Dave Plater lst

On 25/08/2017 08:59, Dave Plater wrote:
> Hi, at least three packages, shotcut, libmlt and it's linked webvfx,
> that were just accepted into Factory fail to build due to a missing
> xlocale.h in glibc-devel. Can anybody shed any light on what's happened
> so I can fix it?
> Thanks
> Dave
I'll answer my own question, xlocale.h has been removed in glibc-26 and
I suspect can be replaced by locale.h, am I correct?
Thanks
Dave P

Re: what happened to glibc's xlocale.h

Andreas Schwab-2
On Aug 25 2017, Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll answer my own question, xlocale.h has been removed in glibc-26 and I
> suspect can be replaced by locale.h, am I correct?

xlocale.h has been obsolete for nearly 10 years, since POSIX.1-2008.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

On 25/08/2017 09:38, Dave Plater wrote:

> On 25/08/2017 08:59, Dave Plater wrote:
>> Hi, at least three packages, shotcut, libmlt and it's linked webvfx,
>> that were just accepted into Factory fail to build due to a missing
>> xlocale.h in glibc-devel. Can anybody shed any light on what's
>> happened so I can fix it?
>> Thanks
>> Dave
> I'll answer my own question, xlocale.h has been removed in glibc-26 and
> I suspect can be replaced by locale.h, am I correct?
> Thanks
> Dave P
Thanks for all the help, I wanted to be in sync with upstream which also
has an apple build. I ended up with:
  #if defined(__GLIBC__) || defined(__APPLE__) || (__FreeBSD_version >=
900506)
+#if __GLIBC_MINOR__ >= 26 && !defined(__APPLE__)
+#include <locale.h>
+#else
  #include <xlocale.h>
+#endif
  #else
Which made upstream happy.
This fixed libmlt and webvfx builds but shotcut is still in a failed
state although my home:plater shotcut started building for Factory again.
Thanks again
Dave P