weird linking problem

Dinar Valeev
Hi,
in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC project we faced today with weird issue.

linked kiwi from openSUSE:Factory had corrupted spec file

 It seems problem here is that originally line 302 in kiwi.spec was:
 Requires:       %(echo `bash %{S:4} %{S:0} vmxboot %{myarch} %{mysystems}`)
 But we had in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC:
 Requires:       %{mysystems}`)

It was solved by running osc ci --noservice

Is it possible to avoid such cases in the future?

Thanks,
Dinar

Re: weird linking problem

Adrian Schröter
Am Montag, 19. November 2012, 18:53:45 schrieb Dinar Valeev:

> Hi,
> in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC project we faced today with weird issue.
>
> linked kiwi from openSUSE:Factory had corrupted spec file
>
>  It seems problem here is that originally line 302 in kiwi.spec was:
>  Requires:       %(echo `bash %{S:4} %{S:0} vmxboot %{myarch} %{mysystems}`)
>  But we had in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC:
>  Requires:       %{mysystems}`)
>
> It was solved by running osc ci --noservice

?? I fail the see how the project name is involved here. And why does disabling the services
are helping here? Disabling the spec file validator ?

What can influence it are the _target_cpu macro or the suse/sles_version macros.

But what is more likely is that there is no support inside of the kiwi tar ball for your platform.
Either because of ppc or because the version got increased lately and kiwi has not yet
support for factory.

bye
adrian

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH

Re: weird linking problem

Marcus Meissner
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 07:48:01PM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> Am Montag, 19. November 2012, 18:53:45 schrieb Dinar Valeev:
> > Hi,
> > in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC project we faced today with weird issue.
> >
> > linked kiwi from openSUSE:Factory had corrupted spec file
> >
> >  It seems problem here is that originally line 302 in kiwi.spec was:
> >  Requires:       %(echo `bash %{S:4} %{S:0} vmxboot %{myarch} %{mysystems}`)
> >  But we had in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC:
> >  Requires:       %{mysystems}`)
> >
> > It was solved by running osc ci --noservice
>
> ?? I fail the see how the project name is involved here. And why does disabling the services
> are helping here? Disabling the spec file validator ?
>
> What can influence it are the _target_cpu macro or the suse/sles_version macros.
>
> But what is more likely is that there is no support inside of the kiwi tar ball for your platform.
> Either because of ppc or because the version got increased lately and kiwi has not yet
> support for factory.

This might have been my fault.

My format_spec_file service corrupted the Requires: line, perhapos my osc is outdated
or something else was broken.

Ciao, MArcus

Re: weird linking problem

Dinar Valeev
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 07:48:01PM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
>> Am Montag, 19. November 2012, 18:53:45 schrieb Dinar Valeev:
>> > Hi,
>> > in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC project we faced today with weird issue.
>> >
>> > linked kiwi from openSUSE:Factory had corrupted spec file
>> >
>> >  It seems problem here is that originally line 302 in kiwi.spec was:
>> >  Requires:       %(echo `bash %{S:4} %{S:0} vmxboot %{myarch} %{mysystems}`)
>> >  But we had in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC:
>> >  Requires:       %{mysystems}`)
>> >
>> > It was solved by running osc ci --noservice
>>
>> ?? I fail the see how the project name is involved here. And why does disabling the services
>> are helping here? Disabling the spec file validator ?
>>
>> What can influence it are the _target_cpu macro or the suse/sles_version macros.
>>
>> But what is more likely is that there is no support inside of the kiwi tar ball for your platform.
>> Either because of ppc or because the version got increased lately and kiwi has not yet
>> support for factory.
>
> This might have been my fault.
>
> My format_spec_file service corrupted the Requires: line, perhapos my osc is outdated
> or something else was broken.
Could you please try to reproduce it again in different project? There
might be a bug still some where in the services.

> Ciao, MArcus

Re: weird linking problem

Marcus Meissner
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 09:33:20PM +0100, Dinar Valeev wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> ?? I fail the see how the project name is involved here. And why does disabling the services
> >> are helping here? Disabling the spec file validator ?
> >>
> >> What can influence it are the _target_cpu macro or the suse/sles_version macros.
> >>
> >> But what is more likely is that there is no support inside of the kiwi tar ball for your platform.
> >> Either because of ppc or because the version got increased lately and kiwi has not yet
> >> support for factory.
> >
> > This might have been my fault.
> >
> > My format_spec_file service corrupted the Requires: line, perhapos my osc is outdated
> > or something else was broken.
> Could you please try to reproduce it again in different project? There
> might be a bug still some where in the services.

I had to merge kiwi again now, and used osc ci --noservice just from the start.

Did not get around to other testing.

Ciao, Marcus