weird conflict resolution in OBS

Olaf Hering-2
This project/package is expected to be in state 'unresolvable':
 home:olh:mpi/x
openSUSE_Tumbleweed  x86_64     unresolvable: have choice for openmpi-runtime-config needed by openmpi: openmpi2-config openmpi-config

But for some reason "openmpi-config-1.10.7" is silently selected.
Doing the exact same thing in Packman fails as expected, because Factory
lacks a Prefer for openmpi.

Why does OBS select 'openmpi-config' without a "Prefer: openmpi-config"?

Olaf

Re: weird conflict resolution in OBS

Andreas Schwab-2
On Aug 07 2017, Olaf Hering <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why does OBS select 'openmpi-config' without a "Prefer: openmpi-config"?

Try osc buildinfo -d.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

On Mon, Aug 07, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> On Aug 07 2017, Olaf Hering <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Why does OBS select 'openmpi-config' without a "Prefer: openmpi-config"?
> Try osc buildinfo -d.

Is OBS doing lazy resolution with the 'Recommends: tag?

now doing undecided dependencies with recommends

Why is only OBS doing that, why is that not the default for every buildservice?

Olaf

Re: weird conflict resolution in OBS

Adrian Schröter
On Montag, 7. August 2017, 12:35:55 CEST wrote Olaf Hering:

> On Mon, Aug 07, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>
> > On Aug 07 2017, Olaf Hering <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Why does OBS select 'openmpi-config' without a "Prefer: openmpi-config"?
> > Try osc buildinfo -d.
>
> Is OBS doing lazy resolution with the 'Recommends: tag?

> now doing undecided dependencies with recommends
>
> Why is only OBS doing that, why is that not the default for every buildservice?

it would be an incompatibel change. we can only introduce that via some config/trigger
for new distros.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

On Mon, Aug 07, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Montag, 7. August 2017, 12:35:55 CEST wrote Olaf Hering:
> > Why is only OBS doing that, why is that not the default for every buildservice?
> it would be an incompatibel change. we can only introduce that via some config/trigger
> for new distros.

Why would one do that at all? I mean, what is so complicated to add
Prefer: as needed to the projects?

Olaf