openSUSE Leap 42.3 Weblate builds are now ready as well. Testing on
our staging machine did not found any problems, so I think there is a
time to upgrade.
The upgrade process requires more complicated database changes, so I
expect several hours of required outage.
Exact upgrade date is not defined yet, but I would like to propose
Wednesday 10th January
If you don't like this date (e. g. you are planning heavy work on
translations), please let me know. It is easy to move the date.
12:00 UTC: Complete backup starts. Weblate remains R/W, but if something
will run wrong, data can be lost.
~13:00 to 13:30 UTC (just after backup finish): Server will be turned
off and migration started.
14:00 to 17:00 UTC (depending on a real migration time): Migration will
be finished, server rebooted and running again.
Change of review process is the most visible change in the version 2.18.
Up to 2.17.1, there was "Needs review" flag, which mapped to "fuzzy"
flag in po files (i. e. string was considered as unusable).
Starting with Weblate 2.18, review process was refactored:
"Needs review" is now called "Needs editing":
☑ Needs editing
Project admin can enable advanced review process: String can be
translated as part of package, but still marked "Waiting for review".
Translators can create review teams and peform translation quality
○ Needs editing ● Waiting for review ○ Approved
Once the string is approved by the reviewer, it can be locked for
ordinary users without review privilege.
It is disabled by default, and can be enabled per project. Once teams
will be ready, we can enable it.
In addition of these changes, I plan to make some configuration changes.
The most visible will be Git export that will make possible to easily
merge rejects by anybody with write access to the GitHub repository.
Re: weblate upgrade to version 2.18 (planning outage)
Stanislav Brabec wrotek:
> Hi translators.
> Weblate 2.18 is out for several weeks.
> openSUSE Leap 42.3 Weblate builds are now ready as well. Testing on
> our staging machine did not found any problems, so I think there is a
> time to upgrade.
> The upgrade process requires more complicated database changes, so I
> expect several hours of required outage.
Our l10n.opensuse.org server is way faster than the staging machine.
The upgrade is finished now.
The review feature remains disabled, but it could be enabled per
per-project. The default state of all strings would be: Waiting for
review. It is technically possible to change the review state to another
one, but I am not sure whether it is wise. It would would be nice to see
all strings once again before setting them to Approved state.
If you want to become a reviewer and get a review permission, please let
If anybody wants to form language review team, and block editing of po
files by any registered user, it is possible as well.
There are two ways to control strings:
1) Users outside team can suggest, every suggestion has to be approved
before it becomes part of the translation.
2) Users outside team can edit, but edited strings will be marked for
Best Regards / S pozdravem,
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o. e-mail: [hidden email] Křižíkova 148/34 (Corso IIa) tel: +49 911 7405384547
186 00 Praha 8-Karlín fax: +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz/ PGP: 830B 40D5 9E05 35D8 5E27 6FA3 717C 209F A04F CD76
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email] To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]