update po files

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi,

I see that there are new .pot files in yast directory but they are not
merged in po files since 9 months ago.

https://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/yast/50-pot/?sortby=date#dirlist
https://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/yast/pt_BR/po/?sortby=date#dirlist

Can someone do this for all languages?

Regards,

Luiz

Re: update po files

Ludwig Nussel
Luiz Fernando Ranghetti schrieb:
> I see that there are new .pot files in yast directory but they are not
> merged in po files since 9 months ago.
>
> https://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/yast/50-pot/?sortby=date#dirlist
> https://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/yast/pt_BR/po/?sortby=date#dirlist
>
> Can someone do this for all languages?

Hold on. There was some progress in getting yast translations into
weblate: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/11682
Stanislav will be back next week to hopefully complete the Weblate part.

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\

Re: update po files

Alexander Melentev

> Luiz Fernando Ranghetti schrieb:
>>
>> I see that there are new .pot files in yast directory but they are not
>> merged in po files since 9 months ago.
>>

>> https://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/yast/50-pot/?sortby=date#dirlist
>>
>> https://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/yast/pt_BR/po/?sortby=date#dirlist
>>
>> Can someone do this for all languages?
>

> Hold on. There was some progress in getting yast translations into
> weblate: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/11682
> Stanislav will be back next week to hopefully complete the Weblate part.

There is nothing wrong if we update the translations in SVN right now,
they will need to be merged to github anyway before switching to
Weblate-based workflow completely. Weblate requires quite some chenges
before it can handle yast translations (and/or package translations,
BTW), so the migration process will take some time, but meanwhile
translators are still able to do their job.

Luiz, I'll do the update later today.
--
Regards, Minton.

Re: update po files

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2016-09-02 15:59, Alexander Melentev wrote:
>> Luiz Fernando Ranghetti schrieb:

> There is nothing wrong if we update the translations in SVN right now,
> they will need to be merged to github anyway before switching to
> Weblate-based workflow completely. Weblate requires quite some chenges
> before it can handle yast translations (and/or package translations,
> BTW), so the migration process will take some time, but meanwhile
> translators are still able to do their job.
>
> Luiz, I'll do the update later today.

Are you sure that we can translate files in the svn? For yast only?

Unfortunately, the tools are no longer in place. Vertaal has been
removed, so teams do not have coordinating tools.

What branch are you going to use? one for 42.2, or trunk? I thought that
trunk tracked tumbleweed (factory), and I do not want to work on that.

                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Re: update po files

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi,

trunk.

yast is shared between SLE e openSUSE if I'm not wrong. And if not no
problem, the majority of strings will fit in Leap with the addicional
benefit of a more translated Tumbleweed also.

If Vertaal is not working talk with its mantainer.

Regards,

Luiz

> On 2016-09-02 15:59, Alexander Melentev wrote:
>>> Luiz Fernando Ranghetti schrieb:
>

>> There is nothing wrong if we update the translations in SVN right now,
>> they will need to be merged to github anyway before switching to
>> Weblate-based workflow completely. Weblate requires quite some chenges
>> before it can handle yast translations (and/or package translations,
>> BTW), so the migration process will take some time, but meanwhile
>> translators are still able to do their job.
>>
>> Luiz, I'll do the update later today.
>
> Are you sure that we can translate files in the svn? For yast only?
>
> Unfortunately, the tools are no longer in place. Vertaal has been
> removed, so teams do not have coordinating tools.
>
> What branch are you going to use? one for 42.2, or trunk? I thought that
> trunk tracked tumbleweed (factory), and I do not want to work on that.
>
> --
> Cheers / Saludos,
>
>                 Carlos E. R.
>                 (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Re: update po files

Re: update po files

Alexander Melentev

> On 2016-09-02 15:59, Alexander Melentev wrote:
>>> Luiz Fernando Ranghetti schrieb:
>

>> There is nothing wrong if we update the translations in SVN right now,
>> they will need to be merged to github anyway before switching to
>> Weblate-based workflow completely. Weblate requires quite some chenges
>> before it can handle yast translations (and/or package translations,
>> BTW), so the migration process will take some time, but meanwhile
>> translators are still able to do their job.
>>
>> Luiz, I'll do the update later today.
>
> Are you sure that we can translate files in the svn? For yast only?
Absolutely. You can translate in the svn whatever is present in the
svn, because it's the sole purpose of this svn server.

> Unfortunately, the tools are no longer in place. Vertaal has been
> removed, so teams do not have coordinating tools.
>
> What branch are you going to use? one for 42.2, or trunk? I thought that
> trunk tracked tumbleweed (factory), and I do not want to work on that.
I have updated trunk. There is a single base of source code to
generate yast translations from and every line translated in trunk
will/should eventually end up in other branches.
--
Regards, Minton.