unresolvable quilt/zypper when building on RHEL_7 targets locally

unresolvable quilt/zypper when building on RHEL_7 targets locally

Markos Chandras
Hello,

I am trying to build one of my spec files for a RHEL_7 target on my host
which runs openSUSE TW. However, 'osc' reports problems about
unresolvable quilt and zypper dependencies.

buildinfo is broken... it says:
unresolvable: nothing provides quilt
      nothing provides zypper

Is this expected? Building on OBS seems to be OK so I am wondering if I
need to do something different when building locally.

Thank you

--
markos

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg

Re: unresolvable quilt/zypper when building on RHEL_7 targets locally

Marcus Hüwe
Hi,

On 2017-12-27 11:03:25 +0000, Markos Chandras wrote:

> I am trying to build one of my spec files for a RHEL_7 target on my host
> which runs openSUSE TW. However, 'osc' reports problems about
> unresolvable quilt and zypper dependencies.
>
> buildinfo is broken... it says:
> unresolvable: nothing provides quilt
>       nothing provides zypper
>

> Is this expected? Building on OBS seems to be OK so I am wondering if I
> need to do something different when building locally.

About which project/package are you talking?

Marcus

On 27/12/17 11:59, Marcus Hüwe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2017-12-27 11:03:25 +0000, Markos Chandras wrote:
>> I am trying to build one of my spec files for a RHEL_7 target on my host
>> which runs openSUSE TW. However, 'osc' reports problems about
>> unresolvable quilt and zypper dependencies.
>>
>> buildinfo is broken... it says:
>> unresolvable: nothing provides quilt
>>       nothing provides zypper
>>

>> Is this expected? Building on OBS seems to be OK so I am wondering if I
>> need to do something different when building locally.
>>
> About which project/package are you talking?
>

> Marcus

One such example is this

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:markoschandras:branches:network/dnsmasq

The build starts fine on OBS but it fails due to missing deps. That's
fine (although OBS right now has no build information for this package
on the web UI. I hope it's a temporary issue)

However, when I try it locally this is the entire output

Building dnsmasq.spec for RHEL_7/x86_64
Getting buildinfo from server and store to
/home/mchandras/src/obs/home:markoschandras:branches:network/dnsmasq/.osc/_buildinfo-RHEL_7-x86_64.xml
Getting buildconfig from server and store to
/home/mchandras/src/obs/home:markoschandras:branches:network/dnsmasq/.osc/_buildconfig-RHEL_7-x86_64
buildinfo is broken... it says:
unresolvable: nothing provides quilt
      nothing provides zypper

--
markos

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg

Re: unresolvable quilt/zypper when building on RHEL_7 targets locally

Andreas Schwab
On Dez 28 2017, Markos Chandras <[hidden email]> wrote:

> buildinfo is broken... it says:
> unresolvable: nothing provides quilt
>       nothing provides zypper

Remove these packages from extra-pkgs in your .oscrc.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5

On 28/12/17 11:50, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> On Dez 28 2017, Markos Chandras <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> buildinfo is broken... it says:
>> unresolvable: nothing provides quilt
>>       nothing provides zypper
>
> Remove these packages from extra-pkgs in your .oscrc.
>
> Andreas.

Ohhh good catch! thank you Andreas