tomcat5 webdav and user dirs

Wouter-11
 Hi,

 I have installed a few days ago tomcat whit the suse rpms. But i want now
 that i can make user directoy's. Because the world can now write in de
 webdav dir....

 Is there someone who knows how i can make a few user directory's ?

 Greets

Security-related bug reports go to [hidden email], not here

Re: tomcat5 webdav and user dirs

David Harrison-3
On 2/10/2006, at 6:22 AM, Wouter wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed a few days ago tomcat whit the suse rpms. But i
> want now that i can make user directoy's. Because the world can now
> write in de webdav dir....
> Is there someone who knows how i can make a few user directory's ?
> Greets

I am not sure whether you are asking this question on the correct
mailing list.

However from the perspective of security and stability I would
suggest that you look into running Apache with mod_dav and mod_auth
(or equivalent module for LDAP/MySQL authentication) rather than Tomcat.

The included Tomcat WebDAV application I believe you are referring to
is really for demonstration purposes and not intended for production
use.
Apache with mod_dav and mod_auth is a more robust solution that
receives regular security patches by the development community.

These are two useful resources for setting up Apache and mod_dav:

http://www.mayin.org/aragorn/computers/Mod_DAV.html
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Apache-WebDAV-LDAP-HOWTO/

Regards,

David

Security-related bug reports go to [hidden email], not here