syntax to aggregate from A to B?

Olaf Hering-2
What is the correct syntax to copy a pkg from A to B?
The _aggregate shown below gives this error:

broken: bad aggregatelist: repoid 'openSUSE.org:SUSE:SLE-12:Update' is illegal

/home:olh:bax/x $ cat _aggregate
<aggregatelist>
  <aggregate project="home:olh:bax">
    <package>gcc7</package>
    <repository source="openSUSE.org:SUSE:SLE-12:Update" target="SLE_12" />
  </aggregate>
</aggregatelist>

Thanks.

Olaf

Re: syntax to aggregate from A to B?

Adrian Schröter
On Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2018, 08:09:34 CET wrote Olaf Hering:
> What is the correct syntax to copy a pkg from A to B?
> The _aggregate shown below gives this error:
>
> broken: bad aggregatelist: repoid 'openSUSE.org:SUSE:SLE-12:Update' is illegal
>
> /home:olh:bax/x $ cat _aggregate
> <aggregatelist>
>   <aggregate project="home:olh:bax">

this should be the source project, use openSUSE.org:SUSE:SLE-12:Update instead.

>     <package>gcc7</package>
>     <repository source="openSUSE.org:SUSE:SLE-12:Update" target="SLE_12" />

a project is no repository. "standard" would not work either however in this project,
since the binaries are only comming via DownloadOnDemand in other repos.

Not sure what you want to achieve here actually, but in only very few
cases an aggregate is a good idea. I think you want to build against
another repo instead.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

Re: syntax to aggregate from A to B?

Olaf Hering-2
Am Wed, 31 Jan 2018 08:13:12 +0100
schrieb Adrian Schröter <[hidden email]>:

> Not sure what you want to achieve here actually, but in only very few
> cases an aggregate is a good idea. I think you want to build against
> another repo instead.

No repo has a working gcc7. I will rebuild it myself. Thanks.

Olaf

Re: syntax to aggregate from A to B?

Andreas Schwab-2
On Jan 31 2018, Olaf Hering <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No repo has a working gcc7.

There is one in SUSE:SLE-12:Update.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7