software.opensuse.org translation

opensuse.lietuviu.kalba
Hi,

New design software.opensuse.org is here, but it is difficult to
translate some sentences, because some are splitted into parts and these
pars are fixed. I recommend to avoid spitting, but replace
untranslatable/dynamic parts with %s or %1, %2 as before. In some
languages order of sentence parts is different from English.

For example. in

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/testing.html.erb#L77

we can translate one work „Network“ from sentence „Network CD/USB
Stick“, but I preffer to put part about „network“ in end of sentence.
Better: allow to translate full sentence „Network CD/USB Stick“.

Without context may be difficult to translate these:

This means it releases | annually | , with security and stability
updates being the priority during each release | lifetime.

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/index.html.erb#L94
(annually)

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/_unsupported_live_media.html.erb#L2

There is some areas, where specific English not allowed to change:

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/_unsupported_live_media.html.erb#L2

LiveUSBs – s

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/tumbleweed_unsupported.html.erb#L41

openQA’s – 's

--

Regards

Re: software.opensuse.org translation

Ludwig Nussel
opensuse.lietuviu.kalba schrieb:
> New design software.opensuse.org is here, but it is difficult to
> translate some sentences, because some are splitted into parts and
> these pars are fixed.

Unfortunately. Coolo changed some strings now. Please check if that's
sufficient and whether we missed any strings.

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\

2017.06.14 15:12, Ludwig Nussel rašė:

> Unfortunately. Coolo changed some strings now. Please check if that's
> sufficient and whether we missed any strings.
>
> cu
> Ludwig

Thank you. There is few suggestions:

to glue sentence

'Please review'
'test results if you want an indication whether these LiveUSBs are
working as expected.'

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/tumbleweed_unsupported.html.erb#L40

It also needs to add beginning of sentence:

„also offers a number of unsupported LiveUSBs.“

--

Regards

Re: software.opensuse.org translation

Opensuse Català

Please, take into account the comments I added in some strings of
software-o-o. I may add some more when I have more time to check the
preview version.

Thanks,

David

<[hidden email]>:

> 2017.06.14 15:12, Ludwig Nussel rašė:
>>

>> Unfortunately. Coolo changed some strings now. Please check if that's
>> sufficient and whether we missed any strings.
>>
>> cu
>> Ludwig
>

> Thank you. There is few suggestions:
>
> to glue sentence
>
> 'Please review'
> 'test results if you want an indication whether these LiveUSBs are working
> as expected.'
>
> https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/tumbleweed_unsupported.html.erb#L40
>

> It also needs to add beginning of sentence:
>
> „also offers a number of unsupported LiveUSBs.“
>
> --
>
> Regards

Re: software.opensuse.org translation

Stephan Kulow-3
Am 15.06.2017 um 09:43 schrieb Opensuse Català:
> Hello,
>
> Please, take into account the comments I added in some strings of
> software-o-o. I may add some more when I have more time to check the
> preview version.

I registered to weblate, but I can't see your comments - possible that
you added translation comments?

Greetings, Stephan

Re: software.opensuse.org translation

Stanislav Brabec
Dne 15.6.2017 v 14:01 Stephan Kulow napsal(a):
> Am 15.06.2017 um 09:43 schrieb Opensuse Català:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please, take into account the comments I added in some strings of
>> software-o-o. I may add some more when I have more time to check the
>> preview version.
>>
> I registered to weblate, but I can't see your comments - possible that
> you added translation comments?

Probably here:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/translate/software-o-o/master/ca/?type=comments#comments

Weblate 2.6 seems to be a bit un-intuitive here: If you add comment
about the string that is not language specific, you still need to select
(any) language to see it.

You see the same for German as well:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/translate/software-o-o/master/de/?type=comments

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer

Re: software.opensuse.org translation

Opensuse Català

The only comment I can find now in software-o-o, out of the 4 that I
did, is this one:

String:
Unsupported

Comment:
Combined with LiveUSB results in "Sense suport LiveUSBs" which should
be the in opposite order. Better: be able to translate the whole
sentence.

Maybe others have been deleted / applied...? I can't remember them.

Regards,

David

On 06/16/2017 05:30 PM, Opensuse Català wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The only comment I can find now in software-o-o, out of the 4 that I
> did, is this one:
>
> String:
> Unsupported
>
> Comment:
> Combined with LiveUSB results in "Sense suport LiveUSBs" which should
> be the in opposite order. Better: be able to translate the whole
> sentence.
Done that.

> Maybe others have been deleted / applied...? I can't remember them.

I guess the comment is lost if the string changes. So with some luck the
comments were fixed :)

Greetings, Stephan

On 06/19/2017 12:02 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> On 06/16/2017 05:30 PM, Opensuse Català wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The only comment I can find now in software-o-o, out of the 4 that I
>> did, is this one:
>>
>> String:
>> Unsupported
>>
>> Comment:
>> Combined with LiveUSB results in "Sense suport LiveUSBs" which should
>> be the in opposite order. Better: be able to translate the whole
>> sentence.
> Done that.

I found two more comments today - and tried to fix them. But to fix one,
I had to add a context and it seems this stopped weblate from importing :(

Greetings, Stephan