software.opensuse.org in weblate

Ludwig Nussel
Hi,

As some have already noticed, software.opensuse.org is now in
Weblate¹. Before you jump on it please be aware that the current
entry page is meant to be replaced by a new version². So if you
start translating I'd suggest to concentrate on the new page.
The strings for that can be identified via the "source string
location". The new files are in app/views/distribution.

cu
Ludwig

[1] https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/software-o-o/
[2] https://software.opensuse.org/distributions

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\

Re: software.opensuse.org in weblate

Ludwig Nussel
Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> As some have already noticed, software.opensuse.org is now in
> Weblate¹. Before you jump on it please be aware that the current
> entry page is meant to be replaced by a new version². So if you

If there's anyone here with a clue about rails and localization it would
be good take a look the way how automatic language detection works in
this app. It doesn't work well AFAICT
https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/issues/131

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\
  V_/_  http://www.suse.com/
Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: software.opensuse.org in weblate

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi,

Some strings are difficult to translate because they split the
sentence with no translatabe parts, like this:

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/_unsupported_live_media.html.erb

<%= _('Unsupported') %> LiveUSBs

Only the unsupported is translated but, for example, in pt_BR the
order in the sentence is inverse:

translation right now: Não suportados LiveUSBs
correct transalation:  LiveUSBs não suportados

Another one is:

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/tumbleweed_unsupported.html.erb#L40

<%= _('Please review') %>
<%= _('test results if you want an indication whether these LiveUSBs are
working as expected.') %>

openQA's is untranslatable, in pt_BR it doesn't have the 's, and at
least in this string I manage to put the part that goes before
openQA's in pt_BR in the string pleaser review.

Regards,

Luiz

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:

> Some strings are difficult to translate because they split the
> sentence with no translatabe parts, like this:
>
> https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/_unsupported_live_media.html.erb
>
> <%= _('Unsupported') %> LiveUSBs
>
> Only the unsupported is translated but, for example, in pt_BR the
> order in the sentence is inverse:
>
> translation right now: Não suportados LiveUSBs
> correct transalation:  LiveUSBs não suportados
>

> Another one is:
>
> https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/tumbleweed_unsupported.html.erb#L40
>
> <%= _('Please review') %>
> <%= _('test results if you want an indication whether these LiveUSBs are
> working as expected.') %>
>
> openQA's is untranslatable, in pt_BR it doesn't have the 's, and at
> least in this string I manage to put the part that goes before
> openQA's in pt_BR in the string pleaser review.

Mind filing bug reports on github so we don't forget about it?
Pull requests are also welcome of course :-)

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel