slow usb speeds

M Harris-2
Greetings,
     I was reviewing bugzilla.novell.com bug# 105871 'slow usb speeds' and now
have a couple of questions for the group.

     I too have noticed the painfully slow usb speeds on SuSE 10.0, due to
something wrong with automount... the bug report says that sync is
implemented wrong.

     The solution given to disable sync seems like a complicated hack, and I
am wondering if Novell has come up with a better solution for this problem
yet... patch?

     Is the problem fixed in 10.1?

     What are the subsequent consequences of disabling sync permanently?

     What is the recommended SuSE way of disabling the automount?

Thanks!
--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: slow usb speeds

BandiPat
On Friday 11 August 2006 00:45, M Harris wrote:

> Greetings,
>      I was reviewing bugzilla.novell.com bug# 105871 'slow usb
> speeds' and now have a couple of questions for the group.
>
>      I too have noticed the painfully slow usb speeds on SuSE 10.0,
> due to something wrong with automount... the bug report says that
> sync is implemented wrong.
>
>      The solution given to disable sync seems like a complicated
> hack, and I am wondering if Novell has come up with a better solution
> for this problem yet... patch?
>
>      Is the problem fixed in 10.1?
>
>      What are the subsequent consequences of disabling sync
> permanently?
>
>      What is the recommended SuSE way of disabling the automount?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> M Harris     <><
=========

Yes, the problem was taken care of in 10.1 and disabling sync in your
fstab or wherever is the best way to deal with the problem in 10.0.

regards,
Lee

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]