shim bootloader with only SUSE signature?

shim bootloader with only SUSE signature?

Malte Gell-3
Morning!

I may deal with a system that is not able to cope with a EFI program
that carries 2 signatures, like shim. efi.
Thus, is there a shim loader that only carries one signature, the
signature from openSUSE?

I thought, /usr/lib64/efi/fallback.efi was nothing else than shim with
just the openSUSE signature, but this seems not to be the case?
fallback.efi carries only the openSUSE signature, but it is shim with a
different name?

What I need is shim.efi just with one signature, from SUSE.

thanks!

Re: shim bootloader with only SUSE signature?

Malte Gell-3
Am 03.04.2017 um 02:08 schrieb Malte Gell:
> Morning!
>
> I may deal with a system that is not able to cope with a EFI program
> that carries 2 signatures, like shim. efi.
> Thus, is there a shim loader that only carries one signature, the
> signature from openSUSE?

I found a workaround that may help others who find this as well:
load the kernel as a EFI stub. While loading with Grub2, just replacing
linux with linuxefi and initrd with initrdefi, that did the job :-) To
use secure boot this may require to load the SUSE key to MOK.