server update

Andreas Bauer-3
Hi,

we will update the backend/database server to SLES10 today, which will resolve
the problems I had with the API update yesterday. The buildservice will be
unavailable from 15:00 CEST (13:00 UTC) until it's done.

Andreas Bauer - Novell - SUSE Internal Tools

Re: server update

Andreas Bauer-3
On Tuesday, 8. August 2006 14:50, Andreas Bauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we will update the backend/database server to SLES10 today, which will
> resolve the problems I had with the API update yesterday. The buildservice
> will be unavailable from 15:00 CEST (13:00 UTC) until it's done.

The servers are back up again and the API and webclient were updated
successfully.

As I stated before, the main reason for this update was moving to a SQL
database for storing metadata. This is the first step to supporting fast
queries on the metadata. A side effect of that is that the metafiles you PUT
to and GET from api.opensuse.org don't represent real files anymore, which
means the may change without any direct user interaction. For example,
<disable> tags in package metafiles that disable a certain repository are
removed when this repository is deleted from the project metafile.

Another change was support in the API for arch/repo specific rebuilds (patch
from darix). The webclient does not yet support it, but will soon.

--
Andreas Bauer - Novell - SUSE Internal Tools