screen on leap 15

Mark Hounschell-2
If I remember correctly when executing "screen -list" as root, all screen
sessions of all users were listed. On list Leap-15 machine, no matter what
user you are, only screens associated with that user are displayed.  Is
this intended?

Regards
Mark

Re: screen on leap 15

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Mark Hounschell <[hidden email]> [06-20-18 06:18]:
> If I remember correctly when executing "screen -list" as root, all screen
> sessions of all users were listed. On list Leap-15 machine, no matter what
> user you are, only screens associated with that user are displayed.  Is this
> intended?

faulty memory ??

  # screen -list
  No Sockets found in /var/run/screens/S-root.

   > screen -list
   No Sockets found in /var/run/uscreens/S-paka.

Screen version 4.06.02 (GNU) 23-Oct-17
partial quote from man screen
         -list [match]
                     does not start screen, but prints a list of
                     pid.tty.host strings identifying your screen
                     sessions.

note: "your screen sessions".

Re: screen on leap 15

Mark Hounschell
> * Mark Hounschell <[hidden email]> [06-20-18 06:18]:
>> If I remember correctly when executing "screen -list" as root, all screen
>> sessions of all users were listed. On list Leap-15 machine, no matter what
>> user you are, only screens associated with that user are displayed.  Is this
>> intended?
>
> faulty memory ??

Perhaps. Not sure how this got on the opensuse-kde list either. Fat
fingered something. I guess I'm full of it today. I'll check my 13.2
system as soon as I can though. It might be a couple of days.

Mark