rpmlint-mini

Matwey V. Kornilov
Hi Dirk and all,

Some time in the past, I've integrated my rpmlint check
(ErlangCheck.py) to openSUSE's checks. It is in Factory's rpmlint for
a long time. Now, I would like to continue and make my check available
as option to maintainers in OBS. The dependencies to ErlangCheck.py
are python-pybeam, python-construct and python-six. All of them are in
Factory for a long time. I need to modify rpmlint-mini to pack parts
of python-pybeam, python-construct in order to make ErlangCheck.py
working in OBS workers.

I see that rpmlint-mini.spec is full of magic. What is the preferred
way to pick python modules from %python_sitelib? Should I add another
deps.txt and yet another loop...? I can make this is hundred different
ways but it is better to ask prior.

--
With best regards,
Matwey V. Kornilov

Re: rpmlint-mini

Dirk Müller
On 28.01.2014 13:20, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

Hi Matwey,

 > Factory for a long time. I need to modify rpmlint-mini to pack parts
> of python-pybeam, python-construct in order to make ErlangCheck.py
> working in OBS workers.
>
> I see that rpmlint-mini.spec is full of magic. What is the preferred
> way to pick python modules from %python_sitelib?

Is there a python3-pybeam variant available? At the moment I would not
like to add extra python 2.x dependencies to rpmlint-mini as the switch
to Python 3.x is happening fairly soon.

If it exists, adding a Buildrequires python-pybeam to the spec file and
updating the rpmlint-deps.txt with the list of extra files that is
needed would be the way to go (I guess it is just about adding the lines
pybeam and six).

Thanks,
Dirk

Re: rpmlint-mini

Matwey V. Kornilov
> Is there a python3-pybeam variant available? At the moment I would not like
> to add extra python 2.x dependencies to rpmlint-mini as the switch to Python
> 3.x is happening fairly soon.

Not available. But I will go to work on it. I did not know, that we
need it right now.

> If it exists, adding a Buildrequires python-pybeam to the spec file and
> updating the rpmlint-deps.txt with the list of extra files that is needed

rpmlint-deps.txt manages files from %python_sitearch, but some files
are put into %python_sitelib

--
With best regards,
Matwey V. Kornilov

Re: rpmlint-mini

Matwey V. Kornilov
Hello, Dirk Müller.
On 14.02.14 15:13 you wrote:

 > On 28.01.2014 13:20, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote: Hi Matwey,
 >> Factory for a long time. I need to modify rpmlint-mini to pack
 >> parts of python-pybeam, python-construct in order to make
 >> ErlangCheck.py working in OBS workers. I see that rpmlint-mini.spec
 >> is full of magic. What is the preferred way to pick python modules
 >> from %python_sitelib?
 > Is there a python3-pybeam variant available? At the moment I would
 > not like to add extra python 2.x dependencies to rpmlint-mini as the
 > switch to Python 3.x is happening fairly soon. If it exists, adding
 > a Buildrequires python-pybeam to the spec file and updating the
 > rpmlint-deps.txt with the list of extra files that is needed would
 > be the way to go (I guess it is just about adding the lines pybeam
 > and six). Thanks, Dirk

Now, we have python3-pybeam in factory.
--
Best regards!