recover SD card partition

Ken Schneider - openSUSE
Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I can use to
possibly recover the partition table on an SD card? A friend has given
me one with a lot of pictures that I would like to recover for her.

Thanks in advance

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998

Re: recover SD card partition

ka1ifq
"On 04:40:51 pm "Ken Schneider - openSUSE" <[hidden email]> said"
> Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I can use to
> possibly recover the partition table on an SD card? A friend has given
> me one with a lot of pictures that I would like to recover for her.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Ken Schneider
> SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998
I got a rescue cd with some of the cards I bought, it online also.

 http://www.lc-tech.com/software/rprodetail.html

Maybe this would help..
Mike

--
2.6.27.39-0.2-default GNU/Linux

Re: recover SD card partition

Scott Jones-6
On Sunday 03 January 2010, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

> Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I can use to
> possibly recover the partition table on an SD card? A friend has given
> me one with a lot of pictures that I would like to recover for her.
>
> Thanks in advance

testdisk and photorec.  Packman has them packaged for up to 11.1, but don't
seem to have them packaged yet for 11.2, but the src.rpm rebuilds just fine
for me.  It's also available in the buildservice, but only in someone's home:
project, so the usual caveats apply a little more strongly.

--
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who
are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton,

On 01/03/2010 05:14 PM, Scott Jones pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

> On Sunday 03 January 2010, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
>
>> Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I can use to
>> possibly recover the partition table on an SD card? A friend has given
>> me one with a lot of pictures that I would like to recover for her.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>
> testdisk and photorec.  Packman has them packaged for up to 11.1, but don't
> seem to have them packaged yet for 11.2, but the src.rpm rebuilds just fine
> for me.  It's also available in the buildservice, but only in someone's home:
> project, so the usual caveats apply a little more strongly.

photorec did the trick. Thanks much and Happy New Year.