"grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

"grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

Paul Neuwirth-3
Hello list,

after Upgrading openSUSE Leap 42.2 to 42.3 on a machine, i cannot boot
anymore.
onboot grub starts in rescue mode:

error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found.
Entering rescue mode
grub rescue>

set shows correct paths:
btrfs_relative_path=y
btrfs_subvol=
btrfs_subvolid=
cmdpath=(hd0)
lang=
locale_dir=
prefix=(hd1,msdos2)/boot/grub2
root=hd1,msdos2

if I call "insmod linux" or "insmod normal", I get the message:
error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found

again.
How can I proceed? I do not have physical access, only connection is via
IPMI.

No EFI, but BIOS.

Thanks for any advice

Paul

Re: "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

Stakanov Schufter
In data domenica 10 dicembre 2017 17:54:19 CET, Paul Neuwirth ha scritto:

> Hello list,
>
> after Upgrading openSUSE Leap 42.2 to 42.3 on a machine, i cannot boot
> anymore.
> onboot grub starts in rescue mode:
>
> error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found.
> Entering rescue mode
> grub rescue>
>
> set shows correct paths:
> btrfs_relative_path=y
> btrfs_subvol=
> btrfs_subvolid=
> cmdpath=(hd0)
> lang=
> locale_dir=
> prefix=(hd1,msdos2)/boot/grub2
> root=hd1,msdos2
>
> if I call "insmod linux" or "insmod normal", I get the message:
> error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found
>
> again.
> How can I proceed? I do not have physical access, only connection is via
> IPMI.
>
> No EFI, but BIOS.
>
> Thanks for any advice
>
> Paul
I had this case on a machine not even a week ago.
The "miracle" is that prior to a certain version grub was seemingly more
"tollerant" to incorrect boot secttor indications.

Look exactly to were you boot sector of you opensuse installation should
point.
Make sure that in the BIOS the richt boot order is set accordingly.
That should do already. What grub says you there is, he cannot find the grub
enry whre it is searching it. So you have to make sure you BIOS points exactly
there.

In my case, the boot disc was not the first disc to be set for booting. You can
still find the thread in this archive (it was only a few weeks ago).

On Sunday 2017-12-10 18:21, stakanov wrote:

>Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 18:21:58
>From: stakanov <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: [opensuse] "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after
>     upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3
>
> In data domenica 10 dicembre 2017 17:54:19 CET, Paul Neuwirth ha scritto:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> after Upgrading openSUSE Leap 42.2 to 42.3 on a machine, i cannot boot
>> anymore.
>> onboot grub starts in rescue mode:
>>
>> error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found.
>> Entering rescue mode
>> grub rescue>
>>
>> set shows correct paths:
>> btrfs_relative_path=y
>> btrfs_subvol=
>> btrfs_subvolid=
>> cmdpath=(hd0)
>> lang=
>> locale_dir=
>> prefix=(hd1,msdos2)/boot/grub2
>> root=hd1,msdos2
>>
>> if I call "insmod linux" or "insmod normal", I get the message:
>> error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found
>>
>> again.
>> How can I proceed? I do not have physical access, only connection is via
>> IPMI.
>>
>> No EFI, but BIOS.
>>
>> Thanks for any advice
>>
>> Paul
> I had this case on a machine not even a week ago.
> The "miracle" is that prior to a certain version grub was seemingly more
> "tollerant" to incorrect boot secttor indications.
>
> Look exactly to were you boot sector of you opensuse installation should
> point.
> Make sure that in the BIOS the richt boot order is set accordingly.
> That should do already. What grub says you there is, he cannot find the grub
> enry whre it is searching it. So you have to make sure you BIOS points exactly
> there.
>
> In my case, the boot disc was not the first disc to be set for booting. You can
> still find the thread in this archive (it was only a few weeks ago).

Thanks for the hint, I tried to change boot order in BIOS, without
change, I replaced (hd0) <> (hd1) in the grub commands without success.

A few more words to the installation:
It was a clean Leap 42.2 install. Upgrade (using zypper dup) went smooth
without any error/warning. Filesystem is btrfs with raid on two HDDs.
Bootloader installation was never changed.

Can you recommend any live system, which i could boot in using PXE?

Re: "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

Stakanov Schufter
Sorry that went out as a PM but should have been to the list. I am
encountering some weird issues with kmail, looking after it. Anyway.

In data lunedì 11 dicembre 2017 08:29:23 CET, hai scritto:

> On Sunday 2017-12-10 18:21, stakanov wrote:
> >Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 18:21:58
> >From: stakanov <[hidden email]>
> >To: [hidden email]
> >Subject: Re: [opensuse] "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found"
> >after>
> >     upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3
> >
> > In data domenica 10 dicembre 2017 17:54:19 CET, Paul Neuwirth ha scritto:
> >> Hello list,
> >>
> >> after Upgrading openSUSE Leap 42.2 to 42.3 on a machine, i cannot boot
> >> anymore.
> >> onboot grub starts in rescue mode:
> >>
> >> error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found.
> >> Entering rescue mode
> >> grub rescue>
> >>
> >> set shows correct paths:
> >> btrfs_relative_path=y
> >> btrfs_subvol=
> >> btrfs_subvolid=
> >> cmdpath=(hd0)
> >> lang=
> >> locale_dir=
> >> prefix=(hd1,msdos2)/boot/grub2
> >> root=hd1,msdos2
> >>
> >> if I call "insmod linux" or "insmod normal", I get the message:
> >> error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found
> >>
> >> again.
> >> How can I proceed? I do not have physical access, only connection is via
> >> IPMI.
> >>
> >> No EFI, but BIOS.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any advice
> >>
> >> Paul
> >
> > I had this case on a machine not even a week ago.
> > The "miracle" is that prior to a certain version grub was seemingly more
> > "tollerant" to incorrect boot secttor indications.
> >
> > Look exactly to were you boot sector of you opensuse installation should
> > point.
> > Make sure that in the BIOS the richt boot order is set accordingly.
> > That should do already. What grub says you there is, he cannot find the
> > grub enry whre it is searching it. So you have to make sure you BIOS
> > points exactly there.
> >
> > In my case, the boot disc was not the first disc to be set for booting.
> > You can still find the thread in this archive (it was only a few weeks
> > ago).
> Thanks for the hint, I tried to change boot order in BIOS, without
> change, I replaced (hd0) <> (hd1) in the grub commands without success.
You may need ot indicate exactly not only the hdd (that would be if booting
from mbr but the sda/sdb or whatever respectively with the exact partition the
boot entry of grub was written. In you case if you have e.g.  sda (with sda1,
sda2) and sdb (with /boot on sdb1 and /root on sdb2 you would have not only to
set the right boot order (or hdd) but also to indicate the partiton. I am not
expert enough about grub2 internals, but maybe Anton Aylward is (if he read
this, (at) Anton, would it be very tedious, could you have a look?)

> A few more words to the installation:
> It was a clean Leap 42.2 install. Upgrade (using zypper dup) went smooth
> without any error/warning. Filesystem is btrfs with raid on two HDDs.
> Bootloader installation was never changed.
>
> Can you recommend any live system, which i could boot in using PXE?
That depends on what you aim at. If you want just a look on the grub files, a
mageia live DVD or a Knoppix will do. But if you want a Leap42.3 system, I am
afraid you will have to build your own live dvd with opensuse studio. I am not
proficient with the procedure but somebody here surely will be.

For the sake of interest: was this ever a dual boot system before, or did you
widen the system with extra hdd duirng a long period of flawless updating e.g.
from 13.2 to 42.1 - 42.2 and then 42.3, or was this from the very beginning a
42.2 install?
If you have the former case, think about on which disk there might be an entry
of grub2 that might be confusing to the installer. The only difference AFAIK
of 42.2 vs. 42.3 is some update to grub concerning UEFI.
My system was a BIOS system too. Same error, in my case a historical updated
system with former dual boot.

Worst case scenario, you may need to do sneaker admin and set explicitly the
boot order in the BIOS.... Hope not however.

Re: "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

Paul Neuwirth-3

> In data lunedì 11 dicembre 2017 08:29:23 CET, hai scritto:
>> On Sunday 2017-12-10 18:21, stakanov wrote:
>>> Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 18:21:58
>>> From: stakanov <[hidden email]>
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: Re: [opensuse] "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found"
>>> after>
>>>     upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

>>> I had this case on a machine not even a week ago.
>>> The "miracle" is that prior to a certain version grub was seemingly more
>>> "tollerant" to incorrect boot secttor indications.
>>>
>>> Look exactly to were you boot sector of you opensuse installation should
>>> point.
>>> Make sure that in the BIOS the richt boot order is set accordingly.
>>> That should do already. What grub says you there is, he cannot find the
>>> grub enry whre it is searching it. So you have to make sure you BIOS
>>> points exactly there.
>>>
>>> In my case, the boot disc was not the first disc to be set for booting.
>>> You can still find the thread in this archive (it was only a few weeks
>>> ago).
>> Thanks for the hint, I tried to change boot order in BIOS, without
>> change, I replaced (hd0) <> (hd1) in the grub commands without success.
> You may need ot indicate exactly not only the hdd (that would be if booting
> from mbr but the sda/sdb or whatever respectively with the exact partition
> the
> boot entry of grub was written. In you case if you have e.g.  sda (with
> sda1,
> sda2) and sdb (with /boot on sdb1 and /root on sdb2 you would have not only
> set the right boot order (or hdd) but also to indicate the partiton. I am
> not
> expert enough about grub2 internals, but maybe Anton Aylward is (if he read
> this, (at) Anton, would it be very tedious, could you have a look?)
  This is exactly what I did (booted from both harddisks and tried every
  combination of partitions in root, cmdpath and prefix). grub2 also finds the
  needed files (otherwise  the error is "file `linux.mod' not found."). But it
  keeps the error about  grub_tpm_measure, despite which module I try to load
  normal or linux.
  as both hard disks are raid1, the content should also be the same, only 2
  partitions, swap at the beginning and btrfs containing all other filesystems.

  Another idea: Are there commands I can boot into an older snapshot (previous
  installed kernel...)?

>> A few more words to the installation:
>> It was a clean Leap 42.2 install. Upgrade (using zypper dup) went smooth
>> without any error/warning. Filesystem is btrfs with raid on two HDDs.
>> Bootloader installation was never changed.
>>
>> Can you recommend any live system, which i could boot in using PXE?
> That depends on what you aim at. If you want just a look on the grub files,
> mageia live DVD or a Knoppix will do. But if you want a Leap42.3 system, I
> am
> afraid you will have to build your own live dvd with opensuse studio. I am
> not
> proficient with the procedure but somebody here surely will be.
>
> For the sake of interest: was this ever a dual boot system before, or did
> you
> widen the system with extra hdd duirng a long period of flawless updating
> e.g.
> from 13.2 to 42.1 - 42.2 and then 42.3, or was this from the very beginning
> 42.2 install?
> If you have the former case, think about on which disk there might be an
> entry
> of grub2 that might be confusing to the installer. The only difference
> AFAIK
> of 42.2 vs. 42.3 is some update to grub concerning UEFI.
> My system was a BIOS system too. Same error, in my case a historical
> updated
> system with former dual boot.

  never, it was a clean only 42.2 install, btrfs raid added after install,
  because the yast setup did not support. bootloader was configured to be
  written in both MBRs. Never had problems at boot time.
  I can access BIOS (where i changed boot orders) and grub console using IPMI..

Re: "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

Andrei Borzenkov
On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Paul Neuwirth <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Another idea: Are there commands I can boot into an older snapshot
> (previous
>  installed kernel...)?

The problem is not related to kernel.

>  never, it was a clean only 42.2 install, btrfs raid added after install,
>  because the yast setup did not support. bootloader was configured to be
>  written in both MBRs.

While you may believe it the fact is that core.img that is loaded
belongs to old grub and content of /boot/grub2 belongs to new grub. So
during update core.img was not re-generated and written to where it is
loaded from by BIOS. It may indicate a bug in update procedure, it may
indicate that you are (earnestly) mistaken in configuring bootloader.

Without facts about your system everything will be just guesswork.
Search for previous thread abut this issue, provide the same data as
were requested in it. Then we may be able to come up with more
educated guess.

On Monday 2017-12-11 12:52, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:52:20
>From: Andrei Borzenkov <[hidden email]>
>To: Paul Neuwirth <[hidden email]>
>Cc: SuSE Linux <[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: [opensuse] "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after
>     upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3
>
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Paul Neuwirth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  Another idea: Are there commands I can boot into an older snapshot
>> (previous
>>  installed kernel...)?
>>

> The problem is not related to kernel.
ok.. better say, snapshots of old grub2 modules
(/boot/grub2/i386-pc/*.mod)

>>  never, it was a clean only 42.2 install, btrfs raid added after install,
>>  because the yast setup did not support. bootloader was configured to be
>>  written in both MBRs.
>
> While you may believe it the fact is that core.img that is loaded
> belongs to old grub and content of /boot/grub2 belongs to new grub. So
> during update core.img was not re-generated and written to where it is
> loaded from by BIOS. It may indicate a bug in update procedure, it may
> indicate that you are (earnestly) mistaken in configuring bootloader.
>
> Without facts about your system everything will be just guesswork.
> Search for previous thread abut this issue, provide the same data as
> were requested in it. Then we may be able to come up with more
> educated guess.

I read this thread, I may deliver, therefor I asked for recommendations
for any suitable live system, which can be loaded with PXE.
It was a standard 42.2 install, using one btrfs partition for root,
subvolumes are from default.

Re: "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

Paul Neuwirth-3
On Monday 2017-12-11 12:52, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Paul Neuwirth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  Another idea: Are there commands I can boot into an older snapshot
>> (previous
>>  installed kernel...)?
>>

> The problem is not related to kernel.

>>  never, it was a clean only 42.2 install, btrfs raid added after install,
>>  because the yast setup did not support. bootloader was configured to be
>>  written in both MBRs.
>
> While you may believe it the fact is that core.img that is loaded
> belongs to old grub and content of /boot/grub2 belongs to new grub. So
> during update core.img was not re-generated and written to where it is
> loaded from by BIOS. It may indicate a bug in update procedure, it may
> indicate that you are (earnestly) mistaken in configuring bootloader.
>
> Without facts about your system everything will be just guesswork.
> Search for previous thread abut this issue, provide the same data as
> were requested in it. Then we may be able to come up with more
> educated guess.

managed to boot into installation system.
so,
# cat /mnt/etc/default/grub_installdevice
/dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
/dev/sda
activate
generic_mbr
# file /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
/dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c: symbolic link to
`../../sdb2'

this seems indeed to be messed up..
what should be the content for raid redundancy (boot partitions
/dev/sdb2 / dev/sdc2) and generic MBR on /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc

# ./bootinfoscript

Boot Info Script 0.76      [13 April 2017]

Identifying MBRs...
Computing Partition Table of /dev/sda...
Computing Partition Table of /dev/sdb...
Computing Partition Table of /dev/sdc...
Searching sda1 for information...
Searching sdb1 for information...
Searching sdb2 for information...
Searching sdc1 for information...
Searching sdc2 for information...
Searching md/0 for information...

Finished. The results are in the file "RESULTS.txt"
located in "/root/".

and here the results..

                   Boot Info Script 0.76      [13 April 2017]

============================= Boot Info Summary: ===============================

  => Lilo is installed in the MBR of /dev/sda.
  => Grub2 (v2.00) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdb and looks at sector 1 of
     the same hard drive for core.img. core.img is at this location and looks
     for /boot/grub2. It also embeds following components:

     modules
     gzio extcmd crypto lzopio btrfs part_msdos biosdisk search_fs_uuid

     config script
     set btrfs_relative_path='y'
     search.fs_uuid 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c root hd1,msdos2
     hd1,msdos2
     set prefix=($root)'/boot/grub2'
     btrfs-mount-subvol ($root) /boot/grub2/i386-pc @/boot/grub2/i386-pc

  => Syslinux MBR (5.00 and higher) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdc.

sda1: __________________________________________________________________________

     File system:
     Boot sector type:  Unknown
     Boot sector info:
     Mounting failed:   mount: unknown filesystem type ''

sdb1: __________________________________________________________________________

     File system:       linux_raid_member
     Boot sector type:  -
     Boot sector info:

sdb2: __________________________________________________________________________

     File system:       btrfs
     Boot sector type:  Grub2 (v1.99-2.00)
     Boot sector info:  Grub2 (v2.00) is installed in the boot sector of sdb2
                        and looks at sector 41945089 of the same hard drive
                        for core.img. core.img is at this location and looks
                        for /boot/grub2. It also embeds following components:

                        modules
                        gzio extcmd crypto lzopio btrfs part_msdos biosdisk
                        search_fs_uuid

                        config script
                        set btrfs_relative_path='y'
                        search.fs_uuid 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
                        root hd2,msdos2 hd1,msdos2 hd1,msdos2
                        set prefix=($root)'/boot/grub2'
                        btrfs-mount-subvol ($root) /boot/grub2/i386-pc
                        @/boot/grub2/i386-pc

     Operating System:  openSUSE Leap 42.3
     Boot files:        /boot/grub2/grub.cfg /etc/fstab

sdc1: __________________________________________________________________________

sdc2: __________________________________________________________________________

     File system:       btrfs
     Boot sector type:  Grub2 (v1.99-2.00)
     Boot sector info:  Grub2 (v2.00) is installed in the boot sector of sdc2
                        and looks at sector 41945089 of the same hard drive
                        for core.img. core.img is at this location and looks
                        for (,msdos2)/boot/grub2. It also embeds following
                        components:

                        modules
                        gzio extcmd crypto lzopio btrfs part_msdos biosdisk

                        config script
                        set btrfs_relative_path='y'
                        btrfs-mount-subvol ($root) /boot/grub2/i386-pc
                        @/boot/grub2/i386-pc

     Operating System:  openSUSE Leap 42.3
     Boot files:        /boot/grub2/grub.cfg /etc/fstab

md/0: __________________________________________________________________________

     File system:       swap
     Boot sector type:  -
     Boot sector info:

============================ Drive/Partition Info: =============================

Drive: sda _____________________________________________________________________
Disk /dev/sda: 123 MiB, 129024000 bytes, 252000 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos

Partition  Boot  Start Sector    End Sector  # of Sectors  Id System

/dev/sda1    *             63       251,999       251,937  83 Linux

Drive: sdb _____________________________________________________________________
Disk /dev/sdb: 233.8 GiB, 251000193024 bytes, 490234752 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos

Partition  Boot  Start Sector    End Sector  # of Sectors  Id System

/dev/sdb1    *          2,048    41,945,087    41,943,040  fd Linux raid autodetect
/dev/sdb2          41,945,088   461,371,391   419,426,304  83 Linux

Drive: sdc _____________________________________________________________________
Disk /dev/sdc: 465.8 GiB, 500107862016 bytes, 976773168 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos

Partition  Boot  Start Sector    End Sector  # of Sectors  Id System

/dev/sdc1               2,048    41,945,087    41,943,040  fd Linux raid autodetect
/dev/sdc2    *     41,945,088   461,371,391   419,426,304  83 Linux

"blkid" output: ________________________________________________________________

Device           UUID                                   TYPE       LABEL

/dev/loop0                                              squashfs
/dev/loop1                                              squashfs
/dev/loop2                                              squashfs
/dev/loop3                                              squashfs
/dev/loop4                                              squashfs
/dev/loop5                                              squashfs
/dev/loop6                                              squashfs
/dev/md0         1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b   swap
/dev/sda1: PART_ENTRY_SCHEME="dos" PART_ENTRY_TYPE="0x83" PART_ENTRY_FLAGS="0x80" PART_ENTRY_NUMBER="1" PART_ENTRY_OFFSET="63" PART_ENTRY_SIZE="251937" PART_ENTRY_DISK="8:0"
/dev/sdb1        5b4244f2-7e6c-8603-97f9-fbe2ab84668a   linux_raid_member any:0
/dev/sdb2        9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c   btrfs
/dev/sdc1        5b4244f2-7e6c-8603-97f9-fbe2ab84668a   linux_raid_member any:0
/dev/sdc2        9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c   btrfs

========================= "ls -l /dev/disk/by-id" output: ======================

total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 ata-DMA_FD -> ../../sda
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 ata-DMA_FD-part1 -> ../../sda1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 ata-WDC_WD2500YD-01NVB1_WD-WCANK9053257 -> ../../sdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 ata-WDC_WD2500YD-01NVB1_WD-WCANK9053257-part1 -> ../../sdb1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 ata-WDC_WD2500YD-01NVB1_WD-WCANK9053257-part2 -> ../../sdb2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 ata-WDC_WD5003ABYX-01WERA1_WD-WMAYP3337931 -> ../../sdc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 ata-WDC_WD5003ABYX-01WERA1_WD-WMAYP3337931-part1 -> ../../sdc1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 ata-WDC_WD5003ABYX-01WERA1_WD-WMAYP3337931-part2 -> ../../sdc2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 md-name-any:0 -> ../../md0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 md-uuid-5b4244f2:7e6c8603:97f9fbe2:ab84668a -> ../../md0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-0ATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01N_WD-WCANK9053257 -> ../../sdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-0ATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01N_WD-WCANK9053257-part1 -> ../../sdb1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-0ATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01N_WD-WCANK9053257-part2 -> ../../sdb2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-0ATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-0_WD-WMAYP3337931 -> ../../sdc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-0ATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-0_WD-WMAYP3337931-part1 -> ../../sdc1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-0ATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-0_WD-WMAYP3337931-part2 -> ../../sdc2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-1ATA_DMA_FD -> ../../sda
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-1ATA_DMA_FD-part1 -> ../../sda1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-1ATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01NVB1_WD-WCANK9053257 -> ../../sdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-1ATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01NVB1_WD-WCANK9053257-part1 -> ../../sdb1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-1ATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01NVB1_WD-WCANK9053257-part2 -> ../../sdb2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-1ATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-01WERA1_WD-WMAYP3337931 -> ../../sdc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-1ATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-01WERA1_WD-WMAYP3337931-part1 -> ../../sdc1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-1ATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-01WERA1_WD-WMAYP3337931-part2 -> ../../sdc2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-350014ee0add333a8 -> ../../sdc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-350014ee0add333a8-part1 -> ../../sdc1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-350014ee0add333a8-part2 -> ../../sdc2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_DMA_FD -> ../../sda
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_DMA_FD-part1 -> ../../sda1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01N_WD-WCANK9053257 -> ../../sdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01N_WD-WCANK9053257-part1 -> ../../sdb1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01N_WD-WCANK9053257-part2 -> ../../sdb2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01_WD-WCANK9053257 -> ../../sdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01_WD-WCANK9053257-part1 -> ../../sdb1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD2500YD-01_WD-WCANK9053257-part2 -> ../../sdb2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-0_WD-WMAYP3337931 -> ../../sdc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-0_WD-WMAYP3337931-part1 -> ../../sdc1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-0_WD-WMAYP3337931-part2 -> ../../sdc2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-_WD-WMAYP3337931 -> ../../sdc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-_WD-WMAYP3337931-part1 -> ../../sdc1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 scsi-SATA_WDC_WD5003ABYX-_WD-WMAYP3337931-part2 -> ../../sdc2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04 wwn-0x50014ee0add333a8 -> ../../sdc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 wwn-0x50014ee0add333a8-part1 -> ../../sdc1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04 wwn-0x50014ee0add333a8-part2 -> ../../sdc2

================================ Mount points: =================================

Device           Mount_Point              Type       Options

/dev/loop0       /parts/mp_0000           squashfs   (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop1       /parts/mp_0001           squashfs   (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop2       /mounts/mp_0000          squashfs   (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop3       /mounts/mp_0001          squashfs   (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop4       /mounts/mp_0002          squashfs   (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop5       /mounts/mp_0003          squashfs   (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop6       /mounts/mp_0004          squashfs   (ro,relatime)
/dev/sdc2        /mnt                     btrfs      (ro,relatime,space_cache,subvolid=259,subvol=/@/.snapshots/1/snapshot)

========================== sdb2/boot/grub2/grub.cfg: ===========================

#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
#
# It is automatically generated by grub2-mkconfig using templates
# from /etc/grub.d and settings from /etc/default/grub
#

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/00_header ###
set btrfs_relative_path="y"
export btrfs_relative_path
if [ -f ${config_directory}/grubenv ]; then
   load_env -f ${config_directory}/grubenv
elif [ -s $prefix/grubenv ]; then
   load_env
fi

if [ "${env_block}" ] ; then
   load_env -f "${env_block}"
fi

if [ "${next_entry}" ] ; then
    set default="${next_entry}"
    set next_entry=
    save_env next_entry
    if [ "${env_block}" ] ; then
      save_env -f "${env_block}" next_entry
    fi
    set boot_once=true
else
    set default="${saved_entry}"
fi

if [ x"${feature_menuentry_id}" = xy ]; then
   menuentry_id_option="--id"
else
   menuentry_id_option=""
fi

export menuentry_id_option

if [ "${prev_saved_entry}" ]; then
   set saved_entry="${prev_saved_entry}"
   save_env saved_entry
   set prev_saved_entry=
   save_env prev_saved_entry
   set boot_once=true
fi

function savedefault {
   if [ -z "${boot_once}" ]; then
     saved_entry="${chosen}"
     save_env saved_entry
     if [ "${env_block}" ] ; then
       save_env -f "${env_block}" saved_entry
     fi

   fi
}

function load_video {
   if [ x$feature_all_video_module = xy ]; then
     insmod all_video
   else
     insmod efi_gop
     insmod efi_uga
     insmod ieee1275_fb
     insmod vbe
     insmod vga
     insmod video_bochs
     insmod video_cirrus
   fi
}

serial --unit=0 --speed=115200 --parity=no
terminal_input serial
terminal_output serial
if [ x${boot_once} = xtrue ]; then
   set timeout=0
elif [ x$feature_timeout_style = xy ] ; then
   set timeout_style=menu
   set timeout=8
# Fallback normal timeout code in case the timeout_style feature is
# unavailable.
else
   set timeout=8
fi
if [ -n "$extra_cmdline" ]; then
   submenu "Bootable snapshot #$snapshot_num" {
     menuentry "If OK, run 'snapper rollback' and reboot." { true; }
   }
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/00_header ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/00_tuned ###
set tuned_params=""
### END /etc/grub.d/00_tuned ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###
menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3'  --class opensuse --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-simple-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  load_video
  set gfxpayload=keep
  insmod gzio
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd2,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd2,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd2,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci2,msdos2  --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  echo 'Loading Linux 4.4.92-31-default ...'
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c  ${extra_cmdline} nosplash debug=1 ipv6.disable=1 console=ttyS0,115200n textonly resume=/dev/disk/by-uuid/1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b splash=nosplash showopts vga=0 nomodeset elevator=cfq radeon.modeset=0 rd.blacklist=radeon nomodeset
  echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.92-31-default
}
submenu 'Advanced options for openSUSE Leap 42.3' --hotkey=1 $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-advanced-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.92-31-default' --hotkey=2 --class opensuse --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.4.92-31-default-advanced-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
[...]
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.92-31-default (recovery mode)' --hotkey=3 --class opensuse --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.4.92-31-default-recovery-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
[...]
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.92-18.36-default'  --class opensuse --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.4.92-18.36-default-advanced-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  load_video
  set gfxpayload=keep
  insmod gzio
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd2,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd2,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd2,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci2,msdos2  --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  echo 'Loading Linux 4.4.92-18.36-default ...'
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-18.36-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c  ${extra_cmdline} nosplash debug=1 ipv6.disable=1 console=ttyS0,115200n textonly resume=/dev/disk/by-uuid/1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b splash=nosplash showopts vga=0 nomodeset elevator=cfq radeon.modeset=0 rd.blacklist=radeon nomodeset
  echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.92-18.36-default
  }
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.92-18.36-default (recovery mode)' --hotkey=1 --class opensuse --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.4.92-18.36-default-recovery-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
[...]
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.90-18.32-default'  --class opensuse --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.4.90-18.32-default-advanced-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  load_video
  set gfxpayload=keep
  insmod gzio
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd2,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd2,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd2,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci2,msdos2  --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  echo 'Loading Linux 4.4.90-18.32-default ...'
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.90-18.32-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c  ${extra_cmdline} nosplash debug=1 ipv6.disable=1 console=ttyS0,115200n textonly resume=/dev/disk/by-uuid/1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b splash=nosplash showopts vga=0 nomodeset elevator=cfq radeon.modeset=0 rd.blacklist=radeon nomodeset
  echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.90-18.32-default
  }
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.90-18.32-default (recovery mode)' --hotkey=1 --class opensuse --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.4.90-18.32-default-recovery-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
[...]

### END /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###

### END /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/20_memtest86+ ###
### END /etc/grub.d/20_memtest86+ ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###
menuentry 'openSUSE 42.3 (x86_64) (on /dev/sdb2)' --class suse --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-simple-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd1,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c ${extra_cmdline} nosplash debug=1 ipv6.disable=1 console=ttyS0,115200n textonly resume=/dev/disk/by-uuid/1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b splash=nosplash showopts vga=0 nomodeset elevator=cfq radeon.modeset=0 rd.blacklist=radeon nomodeset
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.92-31-default
}
submenu 'Advanced options for openSUSE 42.3 (x86_64) (on /dev/sdb2)' $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-advanced-9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3 (on /dev/sdb2)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default--9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd1,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c ${extra_cmdline} nosplash debug=1 ipv6.disable=1 console=ttyS0,115200n textonly resume=/dev/disk/by-uuid/1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b splash=nosplash showopts vga=0 nomodeset elevator=cfq radeon.modeset=0 rd.blacklist=radeon nomodeset
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.92-31-default
  }
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.92-31-default (on /dev/sdb2)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default--9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd1,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c ${extra_cmdline} nosplash debug=1 ipv6.disable=1 console=ttyS0,115200n textonly resume=/dev/disk/by-uuid/1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b splash=nosplash showopts vga=0 nomodeset elevator=cfq radeon.modeset=0 rd.blacklist=radeon nomodeset
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.92-31-default
  }
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.92-31-default (recovery mode) (on /dev/sdb2)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default--9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd1,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c ${extra_cmdline}
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.92-31-default
  }
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.92-18.36-default (on /dev/sdb2)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-18.36-default--9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd1,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-18.36-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c ${extra_cmdline} nosplash debug=1 ipv6.disable=1 console=ttyS0,115200n textonly resume=/dev/disk/by-uuid/1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b splash=nosplash showopts vga=0 nomodeset elevator=cfq radeon.modeset=0 rd.blacklist=radeon nomodeset
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.92-18.36-default
  }
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.92-18.36-default (recovery mode) (on /dev/sdb2)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-18.36-default--9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd1,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-18.36-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c ${extra_cmdline}
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.92-18.36-default
  }
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.90-18.32-default (on /dev/sdb2)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.90-18.32-default--9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd1,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.90-18.32-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c ${extra_cmdline} nosplash debug=1 ipv6.disable=1 console=ttyS0,115200n textonly resume=/dev/disk/by-uuid/1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b splash=nosplash showopts vga=0 nomodeset elevator=cfq radeon.modeset=0 rd.blacklist=radeon nomodeset
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.90-18.32-default
  }
  menuentry 'openSUSE Leap 42.3, with Linux 4.4.90-18.32-default (recovery mode) (on /dev/sdb2)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.90-18.32-default--9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c' {
  insmod part_msdos
  insmod btrfs
  set root='hd1,msdos2'
  if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd1,msdos2 --hint-efi=hd1,msdos2 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,msdos2 --hint='hd1,msdos2'  9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  else
   search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
  fi
  linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.90-18.32-default root=UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c ${extra_cmdline}
  initrd /boot/initrd-4.4.90-18.32-default
  }
}

### END /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries.  Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment.  Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
### END /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###
if [ -f  ${config_directory}/custom.cfg ]; then
   source ${config_directory}/custom.cfg
elif [ -z "${config_directory}" -a -f  $prefix/custom.cfg ]; then
   source $prefix/custom.cfg;
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/80_suse_btrfs_snapshot ###
if [ -f "/.snapshots/grub-snapshot.cfg" ]; then
   source "/.snapshots/grub-snapshot.cfg"
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/80_suse_btrfs_snapshot ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/90_persistent ###
### END /etc/grub.d/90_persistent ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/95_textmode ###
### END /etc/grub.d/95_textmode ###

=============================== sdb2/etc/fstab: ================================

UUID=1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b swap swap defaults 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c / btrfs defaults 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /boot/grub2/i386-pc btrfs subvol=@/boot/grub2/i386-pc 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /boot/grub2/x86_64-efi btrfs subvol=@/boot/grub2/x86_64-efi 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /home btrfs subvol=@/home 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /opt btrfs subvol=@/opt 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /srv btrfs subvol=@/srv 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /tmp btrfs subvol=@/tmp 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /usr/local btrfs subvol=@/usr/local 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/cache btrfs subvol=@/var/cache 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/crash btrfs subvol=@/var/crash 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/lib/libvirt/images btrfs subvol=@/var/lib/libvirt/images 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/lib/machines btrfs subvol=@/var/lib/machines 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/lib/mailman btrfs subvol=@/var/lib/mailman 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/lib/mariadb btrfs subvol=@/var/lib/mariadb 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/lib/mysql btrfs subvol=@/var/lib/mysql 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/lib/named btrfs subvol=@/var/lib/named 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/lib/pgsql btrfs subvol=@/var/lib/pgsql 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/log btrfs subvol=@/var/log 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/opt btrfs subvol=@/var/opt 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/spool btrfs subvol=@/var/spool 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /var/tmp btrfs subvol=@/var/tmp 0 0
UUID=9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c /.snapshots btrfs subvol=@/.snapshots 0 0

=================== sdb2: Location of files loaded by Grub: ====================

            GiB - GB             File                                 Fragment(s)

  175.378265381 = 188.310978560  boot/grub2/grub.cfg                            1
  244.365840912 = 262.385823744  boot/vmlinuz                                   1
  224.822647095 = 241.401479168  boot/vmlinuz-4.4.90-18.32-default              1
  200.172210693 = 214.933274624  boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-18.36-default              1
  244.365840912 = 262.385823744  boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default                 1
  245.840248108 = 263.968956416  boot/initrd                                    1
  242.869506836 = 260.779147264  boot/initrd-4.4.90-18.32-default               1
  244.245914459 = 262.257053696  boot/initrd-4.4.92-18.36-default               1
  245.840248108 = 263.968956416  boot/initrd-4.4.92-31-default                  1

========================== sdc2/boot/grub2/grub.cfg: ===========================

#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
#

=============================== sdc2/etc/fstab: ================================

=================== sdc2: Location of files loaded by Grub: ====================

            GiB - GB             File                                 Fragment(s)

  175.378265381 = 188.310978560  boot/grub2/grub.cfg                            1
  244.365840912 = 262.385823744  boot/vmlinuz                                   1
  224.822647095 = 241.401479168  boot/vmlinuz-4.4.90-18.32-default              1
  200.172210693 = 214.933274624  boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-18.36-default              1
  244.365840912 = 262.385823744  boot/vmlinuz-4.4.92-31-default                 1
  245.840248108 = 263.968956416  boot/initrd                                    1
  242.869506836 = 260.779147264  boot/initrd-4.4.90-18.32-default               1
  244.245914459 = 262.257053696  boot/initrd-4.4.92-18.36-default               1
  245.840248108 = 263.968956416  boot/initrd-4.4.92-31-default                  1

======================== Unknown MBRs/Boot Sectors/etc: ========================

Unknown BootLoader on sda1

00000000  ea 70 80 00 00 00 49 47  45 4c 00 03 00 00 00 00  |.p....IGEL......|
00000010  00 00 02 00 07 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
00000020  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
*
00000070  fa 31 c0 8e d8 8e d0 8e  c0 66 bd f0 2f 00 00 66  |.1.......f../..f|
00000080  89 ec fb 88 16 50 88 66  f7 16 18 7e 31 c0 cd 13  |.....P.f...~1...|
00000090  66 e8 59 00 00 00 bf 84  b8 00 00 b9 60 0d 02 00  |f.Y.........`...|
000000a0  29 f9 30 c0 fc f3 aa b8  00 7e 00 00 89 1d ec 0c  |).0......~......|
000000b0  02 00 31 db 89 18 fa e8  f4 08 00 00 49 67 65 6c  |..1.........Igel|
000000c0  42 6f 6f 74 20 00 76 65  72 73 69 6f 6e 3a 20 00  |Boot .version: .|
000000d0  50 53 8a 04 3c 00 74 0a  bb 01 00 b4 0e cd 10 46  |PS..<.t........F|
000000e0  eb f0 5b 58 c3 53 b4 0e  bb 01 00 cd 10 5b c3 fa  |..[X.S.......[..|
000000f0  67 66 0f 01 15 8c 88 00  00 0f 20 c0 66 83 c8 01  |gf........ .f...|
00000100  0f 22 c0 66 ea 0b 81 00  00 10 00 66 b8 18 00 8e  |.".f.......f....|
00000110  d8 8e c0 8e e0 8e e8 8e  d0 8b 04 24 a3 f0 2f 00  |...........$../.|
00000120  00 a1 4c 88 00 00 89 c4  89 c5 a1 f0 2f 00 00 89  |..L........./...|
00000130  04 24 31 c0 c3 0f 01 15  8c 88 00 00 89 e0 a3 4c  |.$1............L|
00000140  88 00 00 8b 04 24 a3 f0  2f 00 00 b8 f0 2f 00 00  |.....$../..../..|
00000150  89 c4 89 c5 66 b8 28 00  8e d8 8e c0 8e e0 8e e8  |....f.(.........|
00000160  8e d0 ea 69 81 00 00 20  00 0f 20 c0 66 83 e0 fe  |...i... .. .f...|
00000170  0f 22 c0 66 ea 7b 81 00  00 00 00 66 31 c0 8e d8  |.".f.{.....f1...|
00000180  8e c0 8e e0 8e e8 8e d0  fb 66 c3 e8 a5 ff ff ff  |.........f......|
00000190  f4 eb fd 57 bf 54 00 00  00 66 8b 07 66 a3 2e 82  |...W.T...f..f...|
000001a0  00 00 66 8b 47 02 66 a3  30 82 00 00 66 b8 e9 81  |..f.G.f.0...f...|
000001b0  66 89 07 66 31 c0 66 89  47 02 5f c3 57 bf 54 00  |f..f1.f.G._.W.T.|
000001c0  00 00 66 b8 e9 81 66 39  07 75 1c 66 31 c0 66 39  |..f...f9.u.f1.f9|
000001d0  47 02 75 13 66 a1 2e 82  00 00 66 89 07 66 a1 30  |G.u.f.....f..f.0|
000001e0  82 00 00 66 89 47 02 5f  c3 73 42 80 fc 4f 75 3d  |...f.G._.sB..Ou=|
000001f0  3c e1 74 34 3c e0 74 30  55 89 e5 53 52 1e 56 89  |<.t4<.t0U..SR.V.|
00000200

=============================== StdErr Messages: ===============================

   /run/lvm/lvmetad.socket: connect failed: No such file or directory
   WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad. Falling back to internal scanning.
mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically

LVM is not used..

a point could be:
  the CF-Disk (sda) is not used and did not exist on install time of 42.2

This maybe is a bug somewhere:
grub2 definitely identifies above sdb as (hd0) and (hd1) sdb

this does not correlate to:
# cat /mnt/boot/grub2/device.map
(hd0) /dev/sda
(hd1) /dev/sdb

but I did NEVER change THIS manually..

on upgrade time disk order was exactly as above, sda the CF, sdb and sdc
the raid 1 HDDs

greetings

Pauls

Re: "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Paul Neuwirth <[hidden email]> [12-11-17 15:01]:

> On Monday 2017-12-11 12:52, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>

> >On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Paul Neuwirth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Another idea: Are there commands I can boot into an older snapshot
> >>(previous
> >> installed kernel...)?
> >>

> >The problem is not related to kernel.

> >> never, it was a clean only 42.2 install, btrfs raid added after install,
> >> because the yast setup did not support. bootloader was configured to be
> >> written in both MBRs.
> >
> >While you may believe it the fact is that core.img that is loaded
> >belongs to old grub and content of /boot/grub2 belongs to new grub. So
> >during update core.img was not re-generated and written to where it is
> >loaded from by BIOS. It may indicate a bug in update procedure, it may
> >indicate that you are (earnestly) mistaken in configuring bootloader.
> >
> >Without facts about your system everything will be just guesswork.
> >Search for previous thread abut this issue, provide the same data as
> >were requested in it. Then we may be able to come up with more
> >educated guess.
>
> managed to boot into installation system.
> so,
> # cat /mnt/etc/default/grub_installdevice

 > 1000 lines delete

ever hear of pastebin

please, people.  be a little considerate.

On Monday 2017-12-11 20:57, Paul Neuwirth wrote:

> On Monday 2017-12-11 12:52, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Paul Neuwirth <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Another idea: Are there commands I can boot into an older snapshot
>>> (previous
>>>  installed kernel...)?
>>>

>> The problem is not related to kernel.

>>>  never, it was a clean only 42.2 install, btrfs raid added after install,
>>>  because the yast setup did not support. bootloader was configured to be
>>>  written in both MBRs.
>>
>> While you may believe it the fact is that core.img that is loaded
>> belongs to old grub and content of /boot/grub2 belongs to new grub. So
>> during update core.img was not re-generated and written to where it is
>> loaded from by BIOS. It may indicate a bug in update procedure, it may
>> indicate that you are (earnestly) mistaken in configuring bootloader.
>>
>> Without facts about your system everything will be just guesswork.
>> Search for previous thread abut this issue, provide the same data as
>> were requested in it. Then we may be able to come up with more
>> educated guess.
>
> managed to boot into installation system.
> so,
> # cat /mnt/etc/default/grub_installdevice
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
> /dev/sda
> activate
> generic_mbr
> # file /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c: symbolic link to
> `../../sdb2'
>
> this seems indeed to be messed up..
> what should be the content for raid redundancy (boot partitions /dev/sdb2 /
> dev/sdc2) and generic MBR on /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc
>
> # ./bootinfoscript
>
> Boot Info Script 0.76      [13 April 2017]
>
> Identifying MBRs...
> Computing Partition Table of /dev/sda...
> Computing Partition Table of /dev/sdb...
> Computing Partition Table of /dev/sdc...
> Searching sda1 for information...
> Searching sdb1 for information...
> Searching sdb2 for information...
> Searching sdc1 for information...
> Searching sdc2 for information...
> Searching md/0 for information...
>
> Finished. The results are in the file "RESULTS.txt"
> located in "/root/".
>

> and here the results..

not pastebin, but:
https://www.swabian.net/extern/RESULTS.txt

> LVM is not used..
>
> a point could be:
> the CF-Disk (sda) is not used and did not exist on install time of 42.2
>
> This maybe is a bug somewhere:
> grub2 definitely identifies above sdb as (hd0) and (hd1) sdb
>
> this does not correlate to:
> # cat /mnt/boot/grub2/device.map
> (hd0) /dev/sda
> (hd1) /dev/sdb
>
> but I did NEVER change THIS manually..
>
> on upgrade time disk order was exactly as above, sda the CF, sdb and sdc the
> raid 1 HDDs
>
> greetings
>
> Pauls

Re: "grub error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found" after upgrade from 42.2 -> 42.3

Paul Neuwirth-3
On Monday 2017-12-11 20:57, Paul Neuwirth wrote:

> On Monday 2017-12-11 12:52, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>

> managed to boot into installation system.
> so,
> # cat /mnt/etc/default/grub_installdevice
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
> /dev/sda
> activate
> generic_mbr
> # file /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c: symbolic link to
> `../../sdb2'
>
> this seems indeed to be messed up..
> what should be the content for raid redundancy (boot partitions /dev/sdb2 /
> dev/sdc2) and generic MBR on /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc

addendum, just noticed some things while fixing using chroot..
identifying partitions by UUID won't work on RAID1..
so:
# ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04
1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b -> ../../md0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04
9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c -> ../../sdb2

shows only up the first partition of the raidset

> LVM is not used..
>
> a point could be:
>  the CF-Disk (sda) is not used and did not exist on install time of 42.2
>
> This maybe is a bug somewhere:
> grub2 definitely identifies above sdb as (hd0) and (hd1) sdb
>
> this does not correlate to:
> # cat /mnt/boot/grub2/device.map
> (hd0) /dev/sda
> (hd1) /dev/sdb
>
> but I did NEVER change THIS manually..
>
> on upgrade time disk order was exactly as above, sda the CF, sdb and sdc the
> raid 1 HDDs

how to reboot?
  # shutdown -r now
Failed to start reboot.target: Failed to execute program
org.freedesktop.systemd1: Success
Failed to talk to init daemon.
  # init 6
Couldn't find an alternative telinit implementation to spawn
  # reboot
Failed to start reboot.target: Failed to execute program
org.freedesktop.systemd1: Success
Failed to talk to init daemon.
ok..
# echo "b" > /proc/sysrq-trigger
worked

and no success...
i mounted everything in the right paths, chrooted, fixed device.map and
grub_installdevices ran yast bootloader (tpm (tire pressure monitoring
?) or trusted boot options do not exist/are unchecked) . logs seemed
fine... but again:
GRUB loading
             ..
Welcome to GRUB!

error: symbol `grub_tpm_measure' not found.
grub rescue>

grub rescue> set

btrfs_relative_path=y
btrfs_subvol=
btrfs_subvolid=
cmdpath=(hd0)
lang=
locale_dir=
prefix=(hd1,msdos2)/boot/grub2
root=hd1,msdos2
grubnrescue>

grub rescue> ls
(hd0)
grub rescue>sdos2) (hd0,msdos1) (hd1) (hd1,msdos2) (hd1,msdos1)
grub rescue>
grub rescue> ls

grub)rescue>slss2) (hd0,msdos1) (hd1) (hd1,msdos2) (hd1,msdos1)

grub)rescue>sdos2) (hd0,msdos1) (hd1) (hd1,msdos2) (hd1,msdos1)

also switching to any variants hd0/hd1

btrfs_relative_path=y
btrfs_subvol=
btrfs_subvolid=
cmdpath=(hd1)
lang=
locale_dir=
prefix=(hd0,msdos2)/boot/grub2
root=hd0,msdos2

no success..

changed disk order in BIOS

now I got into grub, but there are signs of errors (messed up on serial
console):

error:beforelbootingcor0`c'sfor aocommand-line.
err   e           e          t  o
error:<terminale`serial'nisn'tcfound. sec......

system up and running, btrfs raid assembled correctly. Thanks for any
help.

but bootloader installation is not correct yet, any help appreciated.

11.12.2017 22:57, Paul Neuwirth пишет:

> # cat /mnt/etc/default/grub_installdevice
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
> /dev/sda
> activate
> generic_mbr
> # file /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c: symbolic link to
> `../../sdb2'
>
> this seems indeed to be messed up..

No, that's how things work. Welcome in the real world :)
>  => Grub2 (v2.00) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdb
>  => Syslinux MBR (5.00 and higher) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdc.

> sdc2:
>
>     File system:       btrfs
>     Boot sector type:  Grub2 (v1.99-2.00)
>     Boot sector info:  Grub2 (v2.00) is installed in the boot sector of
> sdc2
>                        and looks at sector 41945089 of the same hard drive
>                        for core.img. core.img is at this location and looks
>                        for (,msdos2)/boot/grub2. It also embeds following
>                        components:
>
>                        modules

>                        gzio extcmd crypto lzopio btrfs part_msdos biosdisk

>                        config script

>                        set btrfs_relative_path='y'
>                        btrfs-mount-subvol ($root) /boot/grub2/i386-pc
>                        @/boot/grub2/i386-pc

> Drive: sdc
> Disk /dev/sdc: 465.8 GiB, 500107862016 bytes, 976773168 sectors
> Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
> Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
> I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
> Disklabel type: dos
>
> Partition  Boot  Start Sector    End Sector  # of Sectors  Id System
>
> /dev/sdc1               2,048    41,945,087    41,943,040  fd Linux raid
> autodetect
> /dev/sdc2    *     41,945,088   461,371,391   419,426,304  83 Linux

Well, that perfectly explains what happened to you as long as your BIOS
is using sdc as boot disk. New core.img was written to /dev/sdb(2) only
and core.img on /dev/sdc2 remained from old grub.

11.12.2017 23:49, Paul Neuwirth пишет:

> On Monday 2017-12-11 20:57, Paul Neuwirth wrote:
>

>> On Monday 2017-12-11 12:52, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>>

>> managed to boot into installation system.
>> so,
>> # cat /mnt/etc/default/grub_installdevice
>> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
>> /dev/sda
>> activate
>> generic_mbr
>> # file /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
>> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c: symbolic link
>> to `../../sdb2'
>>
>> this seems indeed to be messed up..
>> what should be the content for raid redundancy (boot partitions
>> /dev/sdb2 / dev/sdc2) and generic MBR on /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc
>>

> addendum, just noticed some things while fixing using chroot..
> identifying partitions by UUID won't work on RAID1..

Welcome to the wonderful world of multi-device btrfs and udev.

> so:
> # ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/
> total 0
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04
> 1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b -> ../../md0
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04
> 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c -> ../../sdb2
>
> shows only up the first partition of the raidset

of course. Both partitions have the same UUID, how do you expect to have
two links with the same name but pointing to different content? Whatever
was the first (or last, not sure) wins.

> how to reboot?
>  # shutdown -r now
> Failed to start reboot.target: Failed to execute program
> org.freedesktop.systemd1: Success
> Failed to talk to init daemon.
>  # init 6
> Couldn't find an alternative telinit implementation to spawn
>  # reboot
> Failed to start reboot.target: Failed to execute program
> org.freedesktop.systemd1: Success
> Failed to talk to init daemon.

reboot -f

> ok..
> # echo "b" > /proc/sysrq-trigger
> worked
>
> and no success...
> i mounted everything in the right paths, chrooted, fixed device.map and
> grub_installdevices ran yast bootloader

In the past it most definitely did not reinstall bootloader again. If
you are sure you fixed grub_installdevice, run "update-bootloader --reinit".

> changed disk order in BIOS
>
> now I got into grub,

Did not you say earlier that you did it and it did not help?

> but there are signs of errors (messed up on serial
> console):
>
> error:beforelbootingcor0`c'sfor aocommand-line.
> err   e           e          t  o
> error:<terminale`serial'nisn'tcfound. sec......
>
> system up and running, btrfs raid assembled correctly. Thanks for any help.
>
> but bootloader installation is not correct yet, any help appreciated.

Use /dev/disk/by-id to identify individual partitions. I am not sure
what is high-level command to write generic bootloader (I think only
YaST does it), so I usually change bootloader to NONE in YaST, exit
bootloader module and then call bootloader module again and select
grub2. In this case yast goes through normal sequence to initialize
bootloader including all settings.

12.12.2017 21:29, Carlos E. R. пишет:

> El 2017-12-12 a las 21:24 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov escribió:
>> 11.12.2017 23:49, Paul Neuwirth пишет:
>
>>> ok..
>>> # echo "b" > /proc/sysrq-trigger
>>> worked
>>>
>>> and no success...
>>> i mounted everything in the right paths, chrooted, fixed device.map and
>>> grub_installdevices ran yast bootloader
>
>> In the past it most definitely did not reinstall bootloader again. If
>> you are sure you fixed grub_installdevice, run "update-bootloader
>> --reinit".
>
> YaST boot module writes everything if the boot timeout is changed :-)

Did you *actually* test it? Of course it re-creates grub.cfg (or better
it calls grub-mkconfig), but that by far does not mean "reinstall
bootloader".

Do you understand the difference between "update-bootloader --refresh"
and "update-bootloader --reinit"?

On Tuesday 2017-12-12 19:24, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

> 11.12.2017 23:49, Paul Neuwirth пишет:
>> On Monday 2017-12-11 20:57, Paul Neuwirth wrote:
>>

>>> On Monday 2017-12-11 12:52, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>>>

>>> managed to boot into installation system.
>>> so,
>>> # cat /mnt/etc/default/grub_installdevice
>>> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
>>> /dev/sda
>>> activate
>>> generic_mbr
>>> # file /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
>>> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c: symbolic link
>>> to `../../sdb2'
>>>
>>> this seems indeed to be messed up..
>>> what should be the content for raid redundancy (boot partitions
>>> /dev/sdb2 / dev/sdc2) and generic MBR on /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc
>>>

>> addendum, just noticed some things while fixing using chroot..
>> identifying partitions by UUID won't work on RAID1..
>
> Welcome to the wonderful world of multi-device btrfs and udev.
>
>> so:
>> # ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/
>> total 0
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Dec 11 19:04
>> 1e170d10-9587-40d9-afe5-bdf6e903fb8b -> ../../md0
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec 11 19:04
>> 9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c -> ../../sdb2
>>
>> shows only up the first partition of the raidset
>>

> of course. Both partitions have the same UUID, how do you expect to have
> two links with the same name but pointing to different content? Whatever
> was the first (or last, not sure) wins.

of course this is correct, I always use /dev/disk/by-id.. I think
(whose?) decision to use UUIDs at mount or boot-time in this case is not
the best..

>> how to reboot?
>>  # shutdown -r now
>> Failed to start reboot.target: Failed to execute program
>> org.freedesktop.systemd1: Success
>> Failed to talk to init daemon.
>>  # init 6
>> Couldn't find an alternative telinit implementation to spawn
>>  # reboot
>> Failed to start reboot.target: Failed to execute program
>> org.freedesktop.systemd1: Success
>> Failed to talk to init daemon.
>
> reboot -f
I'll give it a try next time

>> ok..
>> # echo "b" > /proc/sysrq-trigger
>> worked
>>
>> and no success...
>> i mounted everything in the right paths, chrooted, fixed device.map and
>> grub_installdevices ran yast bootloader
>
> In the past it most definitely did not reinstall bootloader again. If
> you are sure you fixed grub_installdevice, run "update-bootloader --reinit".

thanks for the command.. did'nt want to read through all the
manual,that's why I chose yast bootloader

>> changed disk order in BIOS
>>
>> now I got into grub,
>
> Did not you say earlier that you did it and it did not help?
this was before calling yast bootloader again (which actually did at
least mkinitrd, and ran through many scripts, i hope it did actually
write something new in MBR/boot partition, but did not check

On Tuesday 2017-12-12 19:13, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

> 11.12.2017 22:57, Paul Neuwirth пишет:
>> # cat /mnt/etc/default/grub_installdevice
>> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
>> /dev/sda
>> activate
>> generic_mbr
>> # file /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c
>> /dev/disk/by-uuid/9f47366c-5819-447b-b6c5-398a9e21538c: symbolic link to
>> `../../sdb2'
>>
>> this seems indeed to be messed up..
>
> No, that's how things work. Welcome in the real world :)
>>  => Grub2 (v2.00) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdb
>>  => Syslinux MBR (5.00 and higher) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdc.
>>
>> sdc2:
>>
>>     File system:       btrfs
>>     Boot sector type:  Grub2 (v1.99-2.00)
>>     Boot sector info:  Grub2 (v2.00) is installed in the boot sector of
>> sdc2
>>                        and looks at sector 41945089 of the same hard drive
>>                        for core.img. core.img is at this location and looks
>>                        for (,msdos2)/boot/grub2. It also embeds following
>>                        components:
>>
>>                        modules

>>                        gzio extcmd crypto lzopio btrfs part_msdos biosdisk

>>                        config script

>>                        set btrfs_relative_path='y'
>>                        btrfs-mount-subvol ($root) /boot/grub2/i386-pc
>>                        @/boot/grub2/i386-pc

>> Drive: sdc
>> Disk /dev/sdc: 465.8 GiB, 500107862016 bytes, 976773168 sectors
>> Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
>> Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
>> I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
>> Disklabel type: dos
>>
>> Partition  Boot  Start Sector    End Sector  # of Sectors  Id System
>>
>> /dev/sdc1               2,048    41,945,087    41,943,040  fd Linux raid
>> autodetect
>> /dev/sdc2    *     41,945,088   461,371,391   419,426,304  83 Linux
>>

> Well, that perfectly explains what happened to you as long as your BIOS
> is using sdc as boot disk. New core.img was written to /dev/sdb(2) only
> and core.img on /dev/sdc2 remained from old grub.

Thank you very much for the analyzes.. But I do not understand why this
happened (and worked on 42.2 not on 42.3)? Only point, i see, that
there's not a good solution for handling of btrfs raid devices.

# cat /boot/grub2/device.map
(hd0) /dev/sdb
(hd1) /dev/sdc

yast obviosly changed this file ( i wrote both partitions with
disk/by-id into it before calling yast bootloader):
# cat /etc/default/grub_installdevice
/dev/sdc2
activate
generic_mbr