python singlespec -doc packages

Thomas Bechtold
Hi,

how would I handle a -doc subpackage with the new singlespec approach?
I guess we want the -doc package only once (it doesn't depend on the
python interpreter version).
I looked at the current specs and eg. python-six has a extra .spec file
for building the doc package. I would prefer to build the -doc as
subpackage while building the main packages.

Best,

Tom

Re: python singlespec -doc packages

jan matejek-4
hello,

a very good question.

On 20.2.2017 13:03, Thomas Bechtold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how would I handle a -doc subpackage with the new singlespec approach?
> I guess we want the -doc package only once (it doesn't depend on the
> python interpreter version).

this is ... debatable. It *can* depend on interpreter version.

But in general I support only supplying one -doc per one package.

To accomplish this technically, just call it "%package -n %{name}-doc".
The generator skips subpackages with "-n".

Another question is of naming. If you do it literally like this, then
you get python2-foo, python3-foo, and python-foo-doc.
Maybe the -doc subpackage should Provide python2-foo-doc and
python3-foo-doc? Maybe it should even install symlinks in
/usr/share/doc/packages?
I don't have answers to these questions o_O
Are there doc package guidelines from which we could get inspiration?

m.