python singlespec: Unknown tag: %{python_subpackages} and python3-only

python singlespec: Unknown tag: %{python_subpackages} and python3-only

Sebastian-2
Hi, After submitting python-imbox to factory I got this reason for
denial: > Output of check script: > Source validator failed. Try "osc
service localrun source_validator" >
https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/source/i/imbox/imbox-0.8.5.tar.gz
error: line 21: Unknown tag: %{python_subpackages} But when running it
locally, I don't get this error. In my first request I thought it's
related to a missing newline before `%{python_subpackages}` as
documented, but that did not fix it. I don't see anything else which
could be related. So what's wrong here? These are the requests:
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/501450 Another question I have
is: What is the status about python3-only packages with singlespec? They
are building fine in Factory, but not in 42.3. For example here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/devel:languages:python/python-typed-ast/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64
[ 53s] RPM build errors: [ 53s] File not found by glob:
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/python-typed-ast-1.0.3-1.1.x86_64/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/*
Sebastian

--
python programming - mail server - photo - video - https://sebix.at
cryptographic key at https://sebix.at/DC9B463B.asc and on public keyservers

Re: python singlespec: Unknown tag: %{python_subpackages} and python3-only

Andreas Schwab-2
On Jun 06 2017, Sebastian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, After submitting python-imbox to factory I got this reason for
> denial: > Output of check script: > Source validator failed. Try "osc
> service localrun source_validator" >
> https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/source/i/imbox/imbox-0.8.5.tar.gz
> error: line 21: Unknown tag: %{python_subpackages} But when running it

The site that runs source_validator needs to have the python-rpm-macros
package installed.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

On 06/07/2017 09:36 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Jun 06 2017, Sebastian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, After submitting python-imbox to factory I got this reason for
>> denial: > Output of check script: > Source validator failed. Try "osc
>> service localrun source_validator" >
>> https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/source/i/imbox/imbox-0.8.5.tar.gz
>> error: line 21: Unknown tag: %{python_subpackages} But when running it
> The site that runs source_validator needs to have the python-rpm-macros
> package installed.
The package python-rpm-macros is listed as BuildRequires. What else do I
need to set? I never had this problem before. And why is it building
fine in d:l:p and locally?

Sorry for the missing newlines in my first email. It seems all
paragraphs/double newlines disappeared during sending :/

Sebastian

Re: python singlespec: Unknown tag: %{python_subpackages} and python3-only

jan matejek-4
On 6.6.2017 20:38, Sebastian wrote:
> Hi, After submitting python-imbox to factory I got this reason for
> denial: > Output of check script: > Source validator failed. Try "osc
> service localrun source_validator" >

this now seems to be resolved after the Factory people had a look at it.

> is: What is the status about python3-only packages with singlespec? They
> are building fine in Factory, but not in 42.3. For example here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/devel:languages:python/python-typed-ast/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64
> [ 53s] RPM build errors: [ 53s] File not found by glob:
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/python-typed-ast-1.0.3-1.1.x86_64/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/*

python3-only packages are still slightly broken ;)

For the record, you only need to undef have_python2 twice, at start of spec file. I admit that twice
is still one too many, and I still don't know what exactly is going on with that. (the problem seems
to stem from the fact that in RPM, you need to %undefine as many times as you %defined, and
apparently a second define is slipping in somewhere somehow. I might need to rework this mechanism,
maybe copy the same thing that Ruby has, where you would %define pythons python3 instead of
undefining stuff.)

Also there is a bug on non-tumbleweed distributions. I'll submit an update when this is fixed.

regards
m.

On 06/08/2017 01:37 PM, jan matejek wrote:
> On 6.6.2017 20:38, Sebastian wrote:
>> Hi, After submitting python-imbox to factory I got this reason for
>> denial: > Output of check script: > Source validator failed. Try "osc
>> service localrun source_validator" >
> this now seems to be resolved after the Factory people had a look at it.
Thanks!
>> is: What is the status about python3-only packages with singlespec? They
>> are building fine in Factory, but not in 42.3. For example here:
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/devel:languages:python/python-typed-ast/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64
>> [ 53s] RPM build errors: [ 53s] File not found by glob:
>> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/python-typed-ast-1.0.3-1.1.x86_64/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/*
> python3-only packages are still slightly broken ;)
>
> For the record, you only need to undef have_python2 twice, at start of spec file.
When doing that it builds for python2 too. But I tested that only
locally, maybe the builders on OBS behave differently in this regard too.

Sebastian