proxy-aware ssh clients (or 2 Gtk versions...)

proxy-aware ssh clients (or 2 Gtk versions...)

Michael Fischer-3

Ok, trying not to make this a "2 question email".

What I really need is an ssh client that can properly
deal with going through an http proxy. I can't get
the sconnect program (available out there on the web)
to work properly, and kssh doesn't seem to deal with
proxies.

Unix putty was able to do this just dandy for me on 9.0,
but having just upgraded to 10.1, I can't build the thing
anymore as it wants gtk 1, and not gtk 2.

So, does anyone have (a) a guaranteed ssh incantation,
(b) another program which will work or (c) a trick for
installing gtk-1 alongside gtk-2 on 10.1?

Many thanks.

Michael
--
Michael Fischer                         Happiness is a config option.
[hidden email]                        Recompile and be happy.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: proxy-aware ssh clients (or 2 Gtk versions...)

Patrick Shanahan
* Michael Fischer <[hidden email]> [08-06-06 13:50]:
> Unix putty was able to do this just dandy for me on 9.0,
> but having just upgraded to 10.1, I can't build the thing
> anymore as it wants gtk 1, and not gtk 2.

use putty compiled for 10.1,

http://software.opensuse.org/download/home%3A/peternixon/SUSE_Linux_10.1/x86_64/putty-0.58-51@i586
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home%3A/peternixon/SUSE_Linux_10.1/x86_64/putty-0.58-51@x86_64
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home%3A/peternixon/SUSE_Linux_10.1/x86_64/putty-0.58-58.1@i586
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home%3A/peternixon/SUSE_Linux_10.1/x86_64/putty-0.58-58.1.x86_64.rpm

--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: proxy-aware ssh clients (or 2 Gtk versions...)

Jan Engelhardt

>Ok, trying not to make this a "2 question email".
>
>What I really need is an ssh client that can properly
>deal with going through an http proxy. I can't get
>the sconnect program (available out there on the web)
>to work properly, and kssh doesn't seem to deal with
>proxies.

Openssh has support for proxies, it does not need an external program.

>Unix putty was able to do this just dandy for me on 9.0,
>but having just upgraded to 10.1, I can't build the thing
>anymore as it wants gtk 1, and not gtk 2.

ftp://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-jengelh/SUSE-10.1/i586/
File: putty-0.58-51.i586.rpm

I don't see a problem for it requiring GTK1...

Jan Engelhardt

On Sun, Aug 06, Michael Fischer wrote:

> Ok, trying not to make this a "2 question email".
>
> What I really need is an ssh client that can properly
> deal with going through an http proxy. I can't get
> the sconnect program (available out there on the web)
> to work properly, and kssh doesn't seem to deal with
> proxies.

Thanks much to Patrick and Jan for the links. Just what
the doctor ordered.

Michael