plasma5-addons-comics package

Hans-Peter Jansen-2
Hi,

you might already noticed, many Plasma 5 comic providers are failing by now.
Therefor, I created a package

   home:frispete:Tumbleweed/plasma5-addons-comics

that contains fixed versions of xkcd and shithappens, and a new one,
perscheid. I sent the fixes to the author, but don't know, if he's still
interested in this stuff.

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers,
Pete

Re: plasma5-addons-comics package

Luca Beltrame
In data sabato 7 settembre 2019 01:55:25 CEST, Hans-Peter Jansen ha scritto:

> that contains fixed versions of xkcd and shithappens, and a new one,
> perscheid. I sent the fixes to the author, but don't know, if he's still
> interested in this stuff.

Are those third party providers or present in the official Plasma releases? If
the latter case you might want to send your patches to https://
phabricator.kde.org so that they won't get lost.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
GPG key ID: A29D259B

Re: plasma5-addons-comics package

Hans-Peter Jansen-2
Hi Luca,

Am Samstag, 7. September 2019, 08:16:22 CEST schrieb Luca Beltrame:
> In data sabato 7 settembre 2019 01:55:25 CEST, Hans-Peter Jansen ha scritto:
> > that contains fixed versions of xkcd and shithappens, and a new one,
> > perscheid. I sent the fixes to the author, but don't know, if he's still
> > interested in this stuff.
>
> Are those third party providers or present in the official Plasma releases?
> If the latter case you might want to send your patches to https://
> phabricator.kde.org so that they won't get lost.

I haven't found *any* comic sources be part of plasma addons or what so ever,
but I might be mistaken. The number of phabricator projects is overwhelming.

Cheers,
Pete

Re: plasma5-addons-comics package

Wolfgang Bauer

scritto:

> > > that contains fixed versions of xkcd and shithappens, and a new one,
> > > perscheid. I sent the fixes to the author, but don't know, if he's still
> > > interested in this stuff.
> >
> > Are those third party providers or present in the official Plasma
> > releases?
> > If the latter case you might want to send your patches to https://
> > phabricator.kde.org so that they won't get lost.
>
> I haven't found *any* comic sources be part of plasma addons or what so
> ever, but I might be mistaken. The number of phabricator projects is
> overwhelming.

None of them are contained in plasma-addons, you can only download them
"manually" via knewstuff (and there are no phabricator projects about them
that I know about).

It would sure be nice to fix them upstream though, at the "KDE store". It's
not an openSUSE problem in any way.
No idea how to go on about that though...

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang