plasma sw updates disable

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

plasma sw updates disable

Hans de Faber-2
Hello everybody.

On opensuse leap 15, up to date.

I have a kde desktop with 3 user logins.

1 for management 2 others for work.

When I login (new session) in all 3 accounts every login does a sw
update check.

How can I disable the sw opdatecheck for the 2 work accounts ???

--------

If i set in 'sw updates' the check interval to Monthly the check
interval is still every login !

Is this a bug ?

Have a nice day, Hans


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plasma sw updates disable

gumb
On 30/08/18 07:28, JJM de Faber wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> On opensuse leap 15, up to date.
>
> I have a kde desktop with 3 user logins.
>
> 1 for management 2 others for work.
>
> When I login (new session) in all 3 accounts every login does a sw
> update check.
>
> How can I disable the sw opdatecheck for the 2 work accounts ???
>
> --------
>
> If i set in 'sw updates' the check interval to Monthly the check
> interval is still every login !
>
> Is this a bug ?

I'm still on 42.3 but assuming things haven't changed, open the System
Tray settings (right-click on the arrow in the System Tray), and under
General -> Extra Items, uncheck 'Software Updates'.

gumb
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plasma sw updates disable

Hans de Faber-2


On 30-08-18 11:36, gumb wrote:

> On 30/08/18 07:28, JJM de Faber wrote:
>> Hello everybody.
>>
>> On opensuse leap 15, up to date.
>>
>> I have a kde desktop with 3 user logins.
>>
>> 1 for management 2 others for work.
>>
>> When I login (new session) in all 3 accounts every login does a sw
>> update check.
>>
>> How can I disable the sw opdatecheck for the 2 work accounts ???
>>
>> --------
>>
>> If i set in 'sw updates' the check interval to Monthly the check
>> interval is still every login !
>>
>> Is this a bug ?
>
> I'm still on 42.3 but assuming things haven't changed, open the System
> Tray settings (right-click on the arrow in the System Tray), and under
> General -> Extra Items, uncheck 'Software Updates'.
>
> gumb
Yes, there are much changes in system settings, there are no settings
for sw updates anymore !!!
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plasma sw updates disable

Stakanov Schufter
In data giovedì 30 agosto 2018 12:08:46 CEST, JJM de Faber ha scritto:

> On 30-08-18 11:36, gumb wrote:
> > On 30/08/18 07:28, JJM de Faber wrote:
> >> Hello everybody.
> >>
> >> On opensuse leap 15, up to date.
> >>
> >> I have a kde desktop with 3 user logins.
> >>
> >> 1 for management 2 others for work.
> >>
> >> When I login (new session) in all 3 accounts every login does a sw
> >> update check.
> >>
> >> How can I disable the sw opdatecheck for the 2 work accounts ???
> >>
> >> --------
> >>
> >> If i set in 'sw updates' the check interval to Monthly the check
> >> interval is still every login !
> >>
> >> Is this a bug ?
> >
> > I'm still on 42.3 but assuming things haven't changed, open the System
> > Tray settings (right-click on the arrow in the System Tray), and under
> > General -> Extra Items, uncheck 'Software Updates'.
> >
> > gumb
>
> Yes, there are much changes in system settings, there are no settings
> for sw updates anymore !!!
I have leap 15.
There is the setting about software updates. You have to be calm and patient
and right click on an empty place besides the icons and select "tray
settings".
You then have to scroll to "extras" or "supplemental elements" below the
"General category". There you have as fist voice "software updates" to
uncheck.
If not you may wish to check you installation.





_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________
Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plasma sw updates disable

Knurpht-openSUSE
In reply to this post by Hans de Faber-2
Op donderdag 30 augustus 2018 07:28:17 CEST schreef JJM de Faber:

> Hello everybody.
>
> On opensuse leap 15, up to date.
>
> I have a kde desktop with 3 user logins.
>
> 1 for management 2 others for work.
>
> When I login (new session) in all 3 accounts every login does a sw
> update check.
>
> How can I disable the sw opdatecheck for the 2 work accounts ???
>
> --------
>
> If i set in 'sw updates' the check interval to Monthly the check
> interval is still every login !
>
> Is this a bug ?
>
> Have a nice day, Hans
Take a look at ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc with and
without the pkupdater active. Keep the one with it for yourself, the other one
for the other users. Then create a script that starts at login of the others
that copies the no-pkupdater version of /.config/plasma-
org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc to ~/.config
--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plasma sw updates disable

Hans de Faber-2
In reply to this post by Stakanov Schufter


On 30-08-18 19:36, stakanov wrote:

> In data giovedì 30 agosto 2018 12:08:46 CEST, JJM de Faber ha scritto:
>> On 30-08-18 11:36, gumb wrote:
>>> On 30/08/18 07:28, JJM de Faber wrote:
>>>> Hello everybody.
>>>>
>>>> On opensuse leap 15, up to date.
>>>>
>>>> I have a kde desktop with 3 user logins.
>>>>
>>>> 1 for management 2 others for work.
>>>>
>>>> When I login (new session) in all 3 accounts every login does a sw
>>>> update check.
>>>>
>>>> How can I disable the sw opdatecheck for the 2 work accounts ???
>>>>
>>>> --------
>>>>
>>>> If i set in 'sw updates' the check interval to Monthly the check
>>>> interval is still every login !
>>>>
>>>> Is this a bug ?
>>> I'm still on 42.3 but assuming things haven't changed, open the System
>>> Tray settings (right-click on the arrow in the System Tray), and under
>>> General -> Extra Items, uncheck 'Software Updates'.
>>>
>>> gumb
>> Yes, there are much changes in system settings, there are no settings
>> for sw updates anymore !!!
> I have leap 15.
> There is the setting about software updates. You have to be calm and patient
> and right click on an empty place besides the icons and select "tray
> settings".
> You then have to scroll to "extras" or "supplemental elements" below the
> "General category". There you have as fist voice "software updates" to
> uncheck.
> If not you may wish to check you installation.
>
Solved, but difficult to find
Thanks, Hans
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]