php5 release# ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

php5 release# ?

Per Jessen-2
I'm trying to add a patch to php5 - I've branched php5 from Factory, but
in the spec file "Release" is set to 0, whereas the release# found in
Factory is 2.1.  Have I checked out the code from the wrong place
maybe?


--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.9°C)
http://www.hostsuisse.com/ - dedicated server rental in Switzerland.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: php5 release# ?

Andreas Schwab-2
The Release tag is filled automatically during building.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: php5 release# ?

gregfreemyer
In reply to this post by Per Jessen-2
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Per Jessen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm trying to add a patch to php5 - I've branched php5 from Factory, but
> in the spec file "Release" is set to 0, whereas the release# found in
> Factory is 2.1.  Have I checked out the code from the wrong place
> maybe?

openSUSE policy is to always set the Release to 0 in the specfile.
The automation replaces it with the correct value at build time.

Also patches can only be submitted to factory from the devel project,
so you may be wasting your time to branch factory unless you only want
your patch to be for yourself.

You should branch the devel project if you want your patch to
eventually end up in factory.  In this case:
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:php/php5>

Then once you're happy with the patch, SR it back to dlp/php5 and one
of the maintainers there will review it for incorporation into
dlp/php5 and forward it to factory if appropriate.

Greg
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: php5 release# ?

Per Jessen-2
Greg Freemyer wrote:

> Also patches can only be submitted to factory from the devel project,
> so you may be wasting your time to branch factory unless you only want
> your patch to be for yourself.
>
> You should branch the devel project if you want your patch to
> eventually end up in factory.  In this case:
> <https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:php/php5>

When I branched it, it automagically came from the devel project.

> Then once you're happy with the patch, SR it back to dlp/php5 and one
> of the maintainers there will review it for incorporation into
> dlp/php5 and forward it to factory if appropriate.

Interestingly, php5 doesn't appear to have a maintainer.


/Per
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: php5 release# ?

Andreas Schwab-2
In reply to this post by gregfreemyer
Greg Freemyer <[hidden email]> writes:

> You should branch the devel project

osc branch does that automagically.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: php5 release# ?

gregfreemyer
In reply to this post by Per Jessen-2
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Per Jessen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greg Freemyer wrote:
>
>> Also patches can only be submitted to factory from the devel project,
>> so you may be wasting your time to branch factory unless you only want
>> your patch to be for yourself.
>>
>> You should branch the devel project if you want your patch to
>> eventually end up in factory.  In this case:
>> <https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:php/php5>
>
>
> When I branched it, it automagically came from the devel project.
>
>
>> Then once you're happy with the patch, SR it back to dlp/php5 and one
>> of the maintainers there will review it for incorporation into
>> dlp/php5 and forward it to factory if appropriate.
>
>
> Interestingly, php5 doesn't appear to have a maintainer.

I see 2:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/users/devel:languages:php/php5

Greg
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: php5 release# ?

Per Jessen-2
Greg Freemyer wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Per Jessen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Greg Freemyer wrote:
>>
>>> Also patches can only be submitted to factory from the devel project,
>>> so you may be wasting your time to branch factory unless you only want
>>> your patch to be for yourself.
>>>
>>> You should branch the devel project if you want your patch to
>>> eventually end up in factory.  In this case:
>>> <https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:php/php5>
>>
>> When I branched it, it automagically came from the devel project.
>>
>>
>>> Then once you're happy with the patch, SR it back to dlp/php5 and one
>>> of the maintainers there will review it for incorporation into
>>> dlp/php5 and forward it to factory if appropriate.
>>
>> Interestingly, php5 doesn't appear to have a maintainer.
>
> I see 2:
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/users/devel:languages:php/php5
>
> Greg

"osc maintainer php5":

Defined in package: devel:languages:php/php5
   bugowner of php5 :
    elvigia

   maintainer of php5 :
    -


/Per
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: php5 release# ?

Jan Engelhardt-4

On Thursday 2013-10-17 16:19, Per Jessen wrote:

>>>
>>> Interestingly, php5 doesn't appear to have a maintainer.
>>
>> I see 2:
>>
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/users/devel:languages:php/php5
>
> "osc maintainer php5":
>
> Defined in package: devel:languages:php/php5
>  bugowner of php5 :
>   elvigia
>
>  maintainer of php5 :
>   -

Packages inherit the project maintainer list (in some places,
unfortunately so).
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]