pdftk gone?

Robert Munteanu
Hi,

This morning's zypper dup wants to remove pdftk. Is there a
replacement intended for it or just dropped for maintenance reasons?

Thanks,

Robert

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/

Re: pdftk gone?

Bruno Friedmann-2
On jeudi, 12 octobre 2017 11.02:51 h CEST Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This morning's zypper dup wants to remove pdftk. Is there a
> replacement intended for it or just dropped for maintenance reasons?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

Wuut this one is needed by myself. As seen here (devel repo)
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Publishing/pdftk

pdftk is victim of gcj removal. I've not checked if it can be build without.

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Re: pdftk gone?

Stephan Kulow-3
On 10/12/2017 11:02 AM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This morning's zypper dup wants to remove pdftk. Is there a
> replacement intended for it or just dropped for maintenance reasons?

https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/532729 - it's dead

Greetings, Stephan

Re: pdftk gone?

Robert Munteanu
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Stephan Kulow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 10/12/2017 11:02 AM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This morning's zypper dup wants to remove pdftk. Is there a
>> replacement intended for it or just dropped for maintenance reasons?
>>
> https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/532729 - it's dead

I see, thank you.

A quick round of searching seems to indicate qpdf as an alternative.

  http://qpdf.sourceforge.net/

Robert

Re: pdftk gone?

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
Dne čtvrtek 12. října 2017 12:00:26 CEST, Stephan Kulow napsal(a):
> On 10/12/2017 11:02 AM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > This morning's zypper dup wants to remove pdftk. Is there a
> > replacement intended for it or just dropped for maintenance reasons?
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/532729 - it's dead

Disaster :-( Any chance for some replacement? This is extremely useful tool...

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/

Re: pdftk gone?

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
Dne čtvrtek 12. října 2017 12:12:32 CEST, Robert Munteanu napsal(a):

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Stephan Kulow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 10/12/2017 11:02 AM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> >> This morning's zypper dup wants to remove pdftk. Is there a
> >> replacement intended for it or just dropped for maintenance reasons?
> >
> > https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/532729 - it's dead
>
> A quick round of searching seems to indicate qpdf as an alternative.
>
>   http://qpdf.sourceforge.net/
At least something. Hm, and some GUI? :-( Like pdftk-qgui...

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/