pattern translations were stuck

Ludwig Nussel
Hi,

For whatever reason Weblate showed an outdated status of the pattern
translations. After some poking it has catched up now:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/packages-i18n/patterns-master/

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\

>> For whatever reason Weblate showed an outdated status of the pattern
>> translations. After some poking it has catched up now:
>> https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/packages-i18n/patterns-master/
>>
> It seems all translations in packages-i18n were stuck...
> You have updated all po files there. Sometimes we have got to
> review more than 300 entries (gnome master as an example).
>>
> Does the deadline of yesterday exist after this bug?

Yes. We may have a chance to do another checkin if I get pointed at
specific important translations but in general the deadline is
passed now.

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\
  V_/_  http://www.suse.com/
Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

> >> For whatever reason Weblate showed an outdated status of the pattern
> >> translations. After some poking it has catched up now:
> >> https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/packages-i18n/patterns-master/
> >>
> > It seems all translations in packages-i18n were stuck...
> > You have updated all po files there. Sometimes we have got to
> > review more than 300 entries (gnome master as an example).
> >>
> > Does the deadline of yesterday exist after this bug?
>
> Yes. We may have a chance to do another checkin if I get pointed at
> specific important translations but in general the deadline is
> passed now.
>
> cu
> Ludwig

Then let's drink a beer for missing translations in packages-i18n and the fixed bug...
Every language has translated 100% in different files. So it would be too much for selecting, listing and choosing the "important files" of packages-i18n.
Let's take the list in the wiki as "important". Then no file is affected by this update after the bug.

Is that ok?

Best regards,
Sarah

>>> It seems all translations in packages-i18n were stuck...
>>> You have updated all po files there. Sometimes we have got to
>>> review more than 300 entries (gnome master as an example).
>>>>
>>> Does the deadline of yesterday exist after this bug?
>>
>> Yes. We may have a chance to do another checkin if I get pointed at
>> specific important translations but in general the deadline is
>> passed now.
>>
> Then let's drink a beer for missing translations in packages-i18n and
> the fixed bug... Every language has translated 100% in different
> files. So it would be too much for selecting, listing and choosing the
> "important files" of packages-i18n. Let's take the list in the wiki as
> "important". Then no file is affected by this update after the bug.

The patterns are important as they are used during installation.
Unfortunately weblate has to badge for components like that.

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\
  V_/_  http://www.suse.com/
Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

> >> Yes. We may have a chance to do another checkin if I get pointed at
> >> specific important translations but in general the deadline is
> >> passed now.
> >>
> > Then let's drink a beer for missing translations in packages-i18n and
> > the fixed bug... Every language has translated 100% in different
> > files. So it would be too much for selecting, listing and choosing the
> > "important files" of packages-i18n. Let's take the list in the wiki as
> > "important". Then no file is affected by this update after the bug.
>
> The patterns are important as they are used during installation.
> Unfortunately weblate has to badge for components like that.
>
> cu
> Ludwig

Then I add patterns to "most important files": https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_guide#The_Most_Important_Files
All can translate/ update it in the next 3 days, because po files were updated yesterday. Some translators haven't got the time until now (beside their job). Other languages are finished: https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/packages-i18n/patterns-master/

Best regards,
Sarah

Re: pattern translations were stuck

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2

>> Gesendet: Montag, 17. Juli 2017 um 16:31 Uhr
>> Von: "Ludwig Nussel" <[hidden email]>

I find these "packages-i18n" a waste of time/resources, except for the
patterns file.

Debian has some package description translations:
https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp Can we use their
translations as upstream?

Regards,

Luiz

Re: pattern translations were stuck

Alexander Melentev
Luiz Fernando Ranghetti, 17.07.2017 19:36:18 MSK:

> I find these "packages-i18n" a waste of time/resources, except for the
> patterns file.
>
> Debian has some package description translations:
> https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp Can we use their
> translations as upstream?
>
> Regards,
>
> Luiz

Sure you can, use whatever fits you best.

This Debian project was mentioned several times in the past years, but still
nobody provided a decent way to use it`s content — if you can provide Debian
translations, I'll merge them to packages-i18n, no big problem.
--
Regards, Minton

Gesendet: Montag, 17. Juli 2017 um 20:33 Uhr
Von: "Alexander Melentev" <[hidden email]>
An: "Luiz Fernando Ranghetti" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <[hidden email]>, "Ludwig Nussel" <[hidden email]>, OS-trans <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] pattern translations were stuck

>> Hi,
>>
>> I find these "packages-i18n" a waste of time/resources, except for the
>> patterns file.
>>
>> Debian has some package description translations:
>> https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp[https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp] Can we use their
>> translations as upstream?
>>
>Sure you can. Use whatever fits you best.
>--
>Regards, Minton.
Debian is using our translations (libzypp as an example), too.
You can read some openSUSE people on their translation lists: https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/de
Some years ago I was surprised about that. They use our translations and list the last translator.

Best regards,
Sarah