package search keys

George from the tribe
If you go to the opensuse package search at
https://software.opensuse.org/search

and then download a package to your downloads folder, how do you import
a key in order to make it a trusted package before installation?

It is probably easier to just hit ignore when the question comes up on
installing the package, but it did make me think about it.

--
George
Box:       42.2 | KDE Plasma 5.8 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | 32GB

Re: package search keys

Per Jessen
George from the tribe wrote:

> If you go to the opensuse package search at
> https://software.opensuse.org/search
>
> and then download a package to your downloads folder, how do you
> import a key in order to make it a trusted package before
> installation?

Don't you get the option when you try to install it?  Whether not to
trust the key, trust it it only for this package or import it?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.2°C)
http://www.dns24.ch/ - free dynamic DNS, made in Switzerland.

Re: package search keys

Basil Chupin-2
On 18/06/17 17:31, Per Jessen wrote:

> George from the tribe wrote:
>
>> If you go to the opensuse package search at
>> https://software.opensuse.org/search
>>
>> and then download a package to your downloads folder, how do you
>> import a key in order to make it a trusted package before
>> installation?
> Don't you get the option when you try to install it?  Whether not to
> trust the key, trust it it only for this package or import it?

I am pretty sure that this does not happen when you download an rpm and
manually install it with 'rpm -Uvh *.rpm'. At least as far as I remember
I have never been asked this Q when I have downloaded a file and
installed it manually.

BC

--
Government has become a committee for managing the affairs of the rich.

Re: package search keys

Per Jessen
Basil Chupin wrote:

> On 18/06/17 17:31, Per Jessen wrote:
>> George from the tribe wrote:
>>
>>> If you go to the opensuse package search at
>>> https://software.opensuse.org/search
>>>
>>> and then download a package to your downloads folder, how do you
>>> import a key in order to make it a trusted package before
>>> installation?
>> Don't you get the option when you try to install it?  Whether not to
>> trust the key, trust it it only for this package or import it?
>
> I am pretty sure that this does not happen when you download an rpm
> and manually install it with 'rpm -Uvh *.rpm'. At least as far as I
> remember I have never been asked this Q when I have downloaded a file
> and installed it manually.

Hmm, you're right - maybe this is when you add a repository?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.1°C)
http://www.dns24.ch/ - your free DNS host, made in Switzerland.

Re: package search keys

Basil Chupin-2
On 18/06/17 17:52, Per Jessen wrote:

> Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> Don't you get the option when you try to install it?  Whether not to
>>> trust the key, trust it it only for this package or import it?
>> I am pretty sure that this does not happen when you download an rpm
>> and manually install it with 'rpm -Uvh *.rpm'. At least as far as I
>> remember I have never been asked this Q when I have downloaded a file
>> and installed it manually.
> Hmm, you're right - maybe this is when you add a repository?

Yes, when you are adding a repository using Yast, but not when you use
zypper to do same.

BC

--
Government has become a committee for managing the affairs of the rich.

Re: package search keys

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Basil Chupin <[hidden email]> [06-18-17 04:01]:

> On 18/06/17 17:52, Per Jessen wrote:
> > Basil Chupin wrote:

> >> I am pretty sure that this does not happen when you download an rpm
> >> and manually install it with 'rpm -Uvh *.rpm'. At least as far as I
> >> remember I have never been asked this Q when I have downloaded a file
> >> and installed it manually.
> > Hmm, you're right - maybe this is when you add a repository?
>
> Yes, when you are adding a repository using Yast, but not when you use
> zypper to do same.

using zypper if you get a signed package or add a signed repo, you are
offered the trust option.