ot: TPM modules

Malte Gell-3
Hi there,

I have a only slightly off topic questions about TPMs.
Is it possible to use e.g. a Gigabyte TPM module on a Asus maiboard and
vice versa?
Or does the vendor of module and board have to match?

And, if a mainboard has no TPM socket, is there a kind of PCI card that
features such a socket where you can put in a TPM module?

Thanks!

Re: ot: TPM modules

Marcus Meissner
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 02:15:16PM +0200, Malte Gell wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a only slightly off topic questions about TPMs.
> Is it possible to use e.g. a Gigabyte TPM module on a Asus maiboard and
> vice versa?
> Or does the vendor of module and board have to match?
>
> And, if a mainboard has no TPM socket, is there a kind of PCI card that
> features such a socket where you can put in a TPM module?

This hardware question is above my and probably my colleagues level of knowledge.

Ciao, Marcus

Re: ot: TPM modules

On 2017-04-25 14:15, Malte Gell wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a only slightly off topic questions about TPMs.
> Is it possible to use e.g. a Gigabyte TPM module on a Asus maiboard and
> vice versa?
> Or does the vendor of module and board have to match?
>
> And, if a mainboard has no TPM socket, is there a kind of PCI card that
> features such a socket where you can put in a TPM module?

Trusted Platform Module (TPM)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module