Quantcast

openSUSE translation - Persian team

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

openSUSE translation - Persian team

joghd shab
Hello,

I'm willing to participate in translation of the openSUSE project to Persian.
The reason I'm sending this mail is in regard to lack of activity of Persian
translation unit's coordinator. I contacted the Persian translation
coordinator and found that he's not been active about two years and he also
isn't responding to mails any more. Therefore we are unable to send translated
files.

With regard to lack of activity of this person, is it possible to choose
another person as the new coordinator of the Persian translation unit?

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Hayyan Rostami
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: openSUSE translation - Persian team

Martin Schlander
Fredag den 21. oktober 2016 19:53:03 skrev joghd shab:
> I'm willing to participate in translation of the openSUSE project to
> Persian. The reason I'm sending this mail is in regard to lack of activity
> of Persian translation unit's coordinator. I contacted the Persian
> translation coordinator and found that he's not been active about two years
> and he also isn't responding to mails any more. Therefore we are unable to
> send translated files.
>
> With regard to lack of activity of this person, is it possible to choose
> another person as the new coordinator of the Persian translation unit?

You shouldn't be dependant on sending files to a coordinator anymore. openSUSE
translations have moved to a web based system ("weblate"). Where you can
translate as you please, when you please. See:

https://l10n.opensuse.org

Of course it's still desirable that people coordinate a bit with any other
active translators that might be around.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: openSUSE translation - Persian team

Sarah Julia Kriesch
Hi,

It is good that you joined our mailing list. You will be up to date here.
You can see in our wiki ( https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_team ) that I removed the Persian Coordinator, because I haven't got any answer, too.
You need only Weblate for translations (https://l10n.opensuse.org/languages/fa/). You can translate in the web interface or can download/ upload po files. You can ask here, if there would be any problem.
All important informations for translators will be written in this mailing list.

Best regards,
Sarah

> Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 um 14:03 Uhr
> Von: "Martin Schlander" <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] openSUSE translation - Persian team
>
> Fredag den 21. oktober 2016 19:53:03 skrev joghd shab:
> > I'm willing to participate in translation of the openSUSE project to
> > Persian. The reason I'm sending this mail is in regard to lack of activity
> > of Persian translation unit's coordinator. I contacted the Persian
> > translation coordinator and found that he's not been active about two years
> > and he also isn't responding to mails any more. Therefore we are unable to
> > send translated files.
> >
> > With regard to lack of activity of this person, is it possible to choose
> > another person as the new coordinator of the Persian translation unit?
>
> You shouldn't be dependant on sending files to a coordinator anymore. openSUSE
> translations have moved to a web based system ("weblate"). Where you can
> translate as you please, when you please. See:
>
> https://l10n.opensuse.org
>
> Of course it's still desirable that people coordinate a bit with any other
> active translators that might be around.
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: openSUSE translation - Persian team

Sarah Julia Kriesch


> Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 um 17:27 Uhr
> Von: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <[hidden email]>
> An: "Martin Schlander" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] openSUSE translation - Persian team
>
> Hi,
>
> It is good that you joined our mailing list. You will be up to date here.
> You can see in our wiki ( https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_team ) that I removed the Persian Coordinator, because I haven't got any answer, too.
> You need only Weblate for translations (https://l10n.opensuse.org/languages/fa/). You can translate in the web interface or can download/ upload po files. You can ask here, if there would be any problem.
> All important informations for translators will be written in this mailing list.
>
> Best regards,
> Sarah

P.S. You are a small team. I created a priority list for translations, because openSUSE Leap 42.2 will be released next month ( http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2016-10/msg00009.html ).

>
> > Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 um 14:03 Uhr
> > Von: "Martin Schlander" <[hidden email]>
> > An: [hidden email]
> > Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] openSUSE translation - Persian team
> >
> > Fredag den 21. oktober 2016 19:53:03 skrev joghd shab:
> > > I'm willing to participate in translation of the openSUSE project to
> > > Persian. The reason I'm sending this mail is in regard to lack of activity
> > > of Persian translation unit's coordinator. I contacted the Persian
> > > translation coordinator and found that he's not been active about two years
> > > and he also isn't responding to mails any more. Therefore we are unable to
> > > send translated files.
> > >
> > > With regard to lack of activity of this person, is it possible to choose
> > > another person as the new coordinator of the Persian translation unit?
> >
> > You shouldn't be dependant on sending files to a coordinator anymore. openSUSE
> > translations have moved to a web based system ("weblate"). Where you can
> > translate as you please, when you please. See:
> >
> > https://l10n.opensuse.org
> >
> > Of course it's still desirable that people coordinate a bit with any other
> > active translators that might be around.
> > --
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...