openSUSE Leap 42.1 news release

ddemaio
Hi all,
Please consider translating the following article, which will be
released on Nov. 4 for the release of openSUSE Leap 42.1 -
https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1

If you have any questions, please email me. Have a great day.
v/r
Doug

Re: openSUSE Leap 42.1 news release

Quoting "Carlos E. R." <[hidden email]>:

> On 2015-10-26 14:00, Douglas DeMaio wrote:
>> Hi all, Please consider translating the following article, which
>> will be released on Nov. 4 for the release of openSUSE Leap 42.1 -
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1
>
> Please, where is the .pot file?
>
> - --
> Cheers / Saludos,
>
> Carlos E. R.

Hi Ancorg,
How did you go about this last year for the release with translations?
It looks like all the translations are on the wiki -
https://news.opensuse.org/2014/11/04/opensuse-13-2-green-light-to-freedom/

Did you create a .pot file for translating the release? If so, where
do you put it. I wouldn't think the wiki has one. Any insight would be
helpful. Thanks
v/r
Doug

Re: openSUSE Leap 42.1 news release

Re: openSUSE Leap 42.1 news release

Efstathios Iosifidis

> On 2015-10-26 16:20, Douglas DeMaio wrote:
>> Quoting "Carlos E. R." <>:
>

>> Hi Ancorg,
>> How did you go about this last year for the release with translations?
>> It looks like all the translations are on the wiki -
>> https://news.opensuse.org/2014/11/04/opensuse-13-2-green-light-to-freedom/
>>
>> Did you create a .pot file for translating the release? If so, where do
>> you put it. I wouldn't think the wiki has one. Any insight would be
>> helpful. Thanks
>> v/r
>
> I found it on 13.2, I think:
>
> /home/cer/Projects/babel/SuSE/branches/openSUSE-13_2-Branch/lcn/50-pot/opensuse-org.pot
>
> Or perhaps "opensuse-landing-page.pot".
>

> As Kulow has created a leap branch, for "packages", I would suggest placing it there, but under "lcn", of course.

> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2015-01/msg00001.html
>
> But there was recent talk about it:
>
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2015-09/msg00000.html
>

> I'm unsure if we are talking of the same file, though?
>
> - --
> Cheers / Saludos,
>
>                 Carlos E. R.
>                 (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Last year we translated it on the wiki page. At least in Greek.
Thanks

--
http://www.iosifidis.gr    http://linkedin.iosifidis.gr

Great leaders don't tell you what to do...They show you how it's done.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts...absolutely.

Re: openSUSE Leap 42.1 news release

Re: openSUSE Leap 42.1 news release

Ancor Gonzalez Sosa
On 10/26/2015 04:03 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2015-10-26 14:00, Douglas DeMaio wrote:
>> Hi all, Please consider translating the following article, which
>> will be released on Nov. 4 for the release of openSUSE Leap 42.1 -
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1
>
> Please, where is the .pot file?

Release announcements has always been translated directly on the wiki.
At least, since I have been involved in the release process (openSUSE 12.3).

I have never seen pot files used for wiki content.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH

Re: openSUSE Leap 42.1 news release

Max Lin
On 10/27/2015 12:10 AM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

> On 10/26/2015 04:03 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> On 2015-10-26 14:00, Douglas DeMaio wrote:
>>> Hi all, Please consider translating the following article, which
>>> will be released on Nov. 4 for the release of openSUSE Leap 42.1 -
>>> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1
>>
>> Please, where is the .pot file?
>
> Release announcements has always been translated directly on the wiki.
> At least, since I have been involved in the release process (openSUSE 12.3).
>
> I have never seen pot files used for wiki content.

Yes, it's about translating wiki page, do not need .pot at all.

@Doug btw the others languages linking block need to clone as well,
translators once finished the translation they can update the link
afterward then, otherwise you will hard to track what translation was
done, so I added it back[1].

[1]
https://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Archive:Release_announcement_42.1&diff=72640&oldid=72635

Regards,
Max

Re: openSUSE Leap 42.1 news release

opensuse.lietuviu.kalba
Hi,

Lithuanian translation is done as
https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:LT-Release_announcement_42.1 ,
because there is no  Lithuanian openSUSE wiki community.
How to correctly add link to this article in "In other languages"
section of Release announcement page ?

Mindaugas

On 10/27/2015 12:01 PM, opensuse.lietuviu.kalba wrote:
> How to correctly add link to this article in "In other languages"
> section of Release announcement page ?
I will like from the news page once released to the languages. I could
also do the same for the wiki once all of them are in.
v/r
Doug

news release and social media translations

ddemaio
Hi all,
We are getting close to the release of Leap, but there are still a few
things we need help with.

There are two items that can really help us expand the awareness of
#openSUSELeap.

The media release that is planned to go out with the release can help us
publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different languages.
Please consider translating it and contacting your local news to publish
a story regarding Leap.
The link can be found at
https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages are
on the left side. Please update that to 42.1 If you language is not
there, please feel free to translate it and send me a wiki link.

Additionally, we would like help translating and publishing the social
media messages at https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan

Those who have already translated the release and social media plan,
thank you for your efforts and contributions.

Have a great day.

v/r
Doug

Re: [opensuse-web] news release and social media translations

Kostas Koudaras

> Hi all,
> We are getting close to the release of Leap, but there are still a few
> things we need help with.
>
> There are two items that can really help us expand the awareness of
> #openSUSELeap.
>
> The media release that is planned to go out with the release can help us
> publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different languages. Please
> consider translating it and contacting your local news to publish a story
> regarding Leap.
> The link can be found at
> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages are on
> the left side. Please update that to 42.1 If you language is not there,
> please feel free to translate it and send me a wiki link.
Already into it:
https://el.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1
Hope to finish it by tommorow.

> Additionally, we would like help translating and publishing the social media
> messages at https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan
>
> Those who have already translated the release and social media plan, thank
> you for your efforts and contributions.
>
> Have a great day.
>
> v/r
> Doug

--- \m/ ---
If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not
doing anything very innovative.
--- \m/ ---
me I am not I
--- \m/ ---

Re: [opensuse-wiki] news release and social media translations

victorhck

Hi !!

El 29/10/15 a las 08:05, Douglas DeMaio escribió:

> Hi all, We are getting close to the release of Leap, but there are
> still a few things we need help with.
>
> There are two items that can really help us expand the awareness
> of #openSUSELeap.
>
> The media release that is planned to go out with the release can
> help us publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different
> languages. Please consider translating it and contacting your local
> news to publish a story regarding Leap. The link can be found at
> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages
> are on the left side. Please update that to 42.1 If you language is
> not there, please feel free to translate it and send me a wiki
> link.

Here I have started with it:
- -
https://es.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Anuncio_de_la_publicaci%C3%B3n_de_la_ve
rsi%C3%B3n_Leap_42.1

And I have encourage to other users in spanish forums to collaborate
on it, and in another tasks

> Additionally, we would like help translating and publishing the
> social media messages at
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan

done in spanish!
Do you will send that messages in social media? Or are available for
users?

> Those who have already translated the release and social media
> plan, thank you for your efforts and contributions.

a pleasure!! ;)

> Have a great day.

and a lot of fun!! :þ

> v/r Doug

vhck

- --
- -------------------
GPG Key: 0xC9B7E22A
Aprende a proteger la privacidad de tu correo:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/es/

Quoting victorhck <[hidden email]>:

> Hi !!
>
> El 29/10/15 a las 08:05, Douglas DeMaio escribió:
>> Hi all, We are getting close to the release of Leap, but there are
>> still a few things we need help with.
>>
>> There are two items that can really help us expand the awareness
>> of #openSUSELeap.
>>
>> The media release that is planned to go out with the release can
>> help us publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different
>> languages. Please consider translating it and contacting your local
>> news to publish a story regarding Leap. The link can be found at
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages
>> are on the left side. Please update that to 42.1 If you language is
>> not there, please feel free to translate it and send me a wiki
>> link.
>
> Here I have started with it:
> - -
> https://es.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Anuncio_de_la_publicaci%C3%B3n_de_la_ve
> rsi%C3%B3n_Leap_42.1
>
> And I have encourage to other users in spanish forums to collaborate
> on it, and in another tasks
Thank you

>> Additionally, we would like help translating and publishing the
>> social media messages at
>> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan
>
> done in spanish!
> Do you will send that messages in social media? Or are available for
> users?
I'll send out the messages on the english pages we have. Those who are
on this list - https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_contacts
can send them out via the pages they manage.

>> Those who have already translated the release and social media
>> plan, thank you for your efforts and contributions.
>
> a pleasure!! ;)
>

>> Have a great day.
>
> and a lot of fun!! :þ
>

>> v/r Doug
>>

> vhck

Doug

Re: [opensuse-wiki] news release and social media translations

G G-13
Hi,
just to update this thread, italian Twitter strings are available
(translated some days ago).

The official release announcement is almost complete, needs some proofreading.

Bye
hawake

Re: [opensuse-wiki] news release and social media translations

Re: [opensuse-wiki] news release and social media translations

PatrickD Garvey
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Douglas DeMaio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The media release that is planned to go out with the release can help us
> publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different languages. Please
> consider translating it and contacting your local news to publish a story
> regarding Leap.
> The link can be found at
> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages are on

Shouldn't the English language version of the openSUSE Leap 42.1
release announcement be filed at
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Release_announcement_42.1 ? That is,
in the openSUSE: namespace, not the Archive: namespace?

Re: [opensuse-wiki] news release and social media translations

G G-13
Hi,
i think is placed on Archive: just for pre-release editing. On the 4th
of November it will be moved on openSUSE: .

Bye
hawake

--
Linux user number 433087