openSUSE Conference registration open!

Jos Poortvliet-5
The organization team is excited to announce that the registration for the
openSUSE Conference, from September 11 to 14 in Nürnberg, is now open. Head
over to our registration form and register to help us plan for a great event!

http://bit.ly/r2mxGN

Preparations

Two months from now the openSUSE and SUSE Labs Conference will kick off in
Nuremberg, Germany. That means, as flights don’t get cheaper, you have to
start planning your days off, your trip, hotel and send in a talk while the
CfP is still open!

Hotel

The openSUSE conference team has made a list of hotels where you can book your
stay for the duration of the conference.
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Conference_hotels

It is recommended to use these hotels as they will not only have fellow geekos
in them but are also  for special conference prices and not too far from our
location, Zentrifuge.

Financial travel support

For some of you, the trip to Nuremberg is financially not easy. You might be a
student, or have to fly in all the way from India. We know that very well and
you can count on an announcement of the what and how of travel subsidy soon.

We will do everything we can to ensure our community members from far away or
on low budget are also able to come and join us!

Visa

Another important thing to think of in time is access to Europe/Germany. We
have a standard invitation letter you can get from us on request. For that,
send a mail with some personal details (who you are, what you do for openSUSE,
what you will do at the conf, that stuff) to [hidden email]
and the team will send you one.

Registration

Registering makes sure there’s a badge for you at the conference, you won’t
have to wait in line for us to create one for you on the spot. It’ll also make
sure you are able to go on the wifi and we have a place for you at the party.
And of course it allows us to plan better so it matters a lot that you
register as soon as possible if you intend to come!

http://bit.ly/r2mxGN

Please note that for the registration, you don’t have to create an account.

Last but not least, there is an option between two different tickets. Entrance
is free for all but those who want to support the conference and can afford it
can buy a professional ticket. For $350 or €250 you get, besides access to the
conference, a networking dinner with the speakers and other professional
ticket holders as well as a session with SUSE Product Management.

Helping Out

Meanwhile, the conference team is welcomes all the help it can get! If you
want to get involved and help us make the openSUSE conference the best ever,
please subscribe to the team mailinglist: [hidden email] and
checkout the planning page.