It's that time of year when we (openSUSE members) need to elect
representatives for the openSUSE Board 
This year, there will be 2 seats to be elected, all for a standard 2
year (24 months) term :
- Kosta Koudaras and Michal Hrusecky (who is eligible to run for reelection)
We will be following following election schedule:
1/ 2017-12-08 (Phase 0)
* Announcement of the openSUSE Board election for 2017.
* Start of 3 week period to apply for an openSUSE membership (in order
to vote or candidate).
* Start of 3 week phase to stand for a position in the openSUSE Board.
* Notification of intent to run, and application for an openSUSE
membership close (end of phase 0).
3/ 2017-01-02 (Phase 1)
* Start of campaign for the candidates before the ballots open
(campaign might be done until ballots close).
If you want to participate in the openSUSE board and influence the
future direction of the project please stand up and announce your
candidacy. If you know someone who you would like to see on the board,
feel free to contact the election officials team ad propose your
Only openSUSE members have the right to run for a board seat, except
if they are in the Election Committee. To stand for a position in the
openSUSE board please send a mail to
* [hidden email] AND
* [hidden email]
In the application candidates should write a short introduction of
themselves and probably a short manifesto/platform/program that gives
answers to these topics:
ALL openSUSE members are eligible to vote. If you are a contributor
of openSUSE but you are not a member yet, apply for membership now
and be a part of the changes to come.