openSUSE 42.3 on AWS

Mark Petersen
Back in August of 2017, it was announced that Leap 42.3 would be available in
the AWS Marketplace.

https://news.opensuse.org/2017/08/22/opensuse-leap-42-3-cloud-images-become-available/

Since then I have periodically checked, but there is no Leap 42.3 AMI
available. Support is ending for Leap 42.2 at the end of this week. I was able
to upgrade a Leap 42.2 instance to 42.3 and it does seem to work, but I get
nervous that at some point a kernel update will render the instance
unbootable. There is very little activity on the opensuse-cloud list, so I
don't see much use in joining and posting to it.

So, does anybody have an idea of who to "bump"?

Thanks.

Mark

Re: openSUSE 42.3 on AWS

ddemaio
On 2018-01-22 16:23, Mark Petersen wrote:

> Back in August of 2017, it was announced that Leap 42.3 would be
> available in
> the AWS Marketplace.
>
> https://news.opensuse.org/2017/08/22/opensuse-leap-42-3-cloud-images-become-available/
>
> Since then I have periodically checked, but there is no Leap 42.3 AMI
> available. Support is ending for Leap 42.2 at the end of this week. I
> was able
> to upgrade a Leap 42.2 instance to 42.3 and it does seem to work, but I
> get
> nervous that at some point a kernel update will render the instance
> unbootable. There is very little activity on the opensuse-cloud list,
> so I
> don't see much use in joining and posting to it.
>
> So, does anybody have an idea of who to "bump"?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,
Ping Robert - https://github.com/rjschwei

I sent him an email in December about it. I haven't seen it on there yet
either.
v/r
Doug

Re: openSUSE 42.3 on AWS

Mark Petersen
On Monday, 22 January 2018 10:04:15 CST ddemaio wrote:

> On 2018-01-22 16:23, Mark Petersen wrote:
> > Back in August of 2017, it was announced that Leap 42.3 would be
> > available in
> > the AWS Marketplace.
> >
> > https://news.opensuse.org/2017/08/22/opensuse-leap-42-3-cloud-images-becom
> > e-available/
> >
> > Since then I have periodically checked, but there is no Leap 42.3 AMI
> > available. Support is ending for Leap 42.2 at the end of this week. I
> > was able
> > to upgrade a Leap 42.2 instance to 42.3 and it does seem to work, but I
> > get
> > nervous that at some point a kernel update will render the instance
> > unbootable. There is very little activity on the opensuse-cloud list,
> > so I
> > don't see much use in joining and posting to it.
> >
> > So, does anybody have an idea of who to "bump"?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Mark
>
> Hi Mark,
> Ping Robert - https://github.com/rjschwei
>
> I sent him an email in December about it. I haven't seen it on there yet
> either.
> v/r
> Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the info. Email sent.

Mark

Re: openSUSE 42.3 on AWS

Mark Petersen
On Monday, 22 January 2018 11:32:32 CST Mark Petersen wrote:

> On Monday, 22 January 2018 10:04:15 CST ddemaio wrote:
> > On 2018-01-22 16:23, Mark Petersen wrote:
> > > Back in August of 2017, it was announced that Leap 42.3 would be
> > > available in
> > > the AWS Marketplace.
> > >
> > > https://news.opensuse.org/2017/08/22/opensuse-leap-42-3-cloud-images-bec
> > > om
> > > e-available/
> > >
> > > Since then I have periodically checked, but there is no Leap 42.3 AMI
> > > available. Support is ending for Leap 42.2 at the end of this week. I
> > > was able
> > > to upgrade a Leap 42.2 instance to 42.3 and it does seem to work, but I
> > > get
> > > nervous that at some point a kernel update will render the instance
> > > unbootable. There is very little activity on the opensuse-cloud list,
> > > so I
> > > don't see much use in joining and posting to it.
> > >
> > > So, does anybody have an idea of who to "bump"?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Mark
> >
> > Hi Mark,
> > Ping Robert - https://github.com/rjschwei
> >
> > I sent him an email in December about it. I haven't seen it on there yet
> > either.
> > v/r
> > Doug
>
> Doug,
>
> Thanks for the info. Email sent.
>
> Mark
Hi,

Sorry for breaking the thread

> Back in August of 2017, it was announced that Leap 42.3 would be
> available in the AWS Marketplace.

https://news.opensuse.org/2017/08/22/opensuse-leap-42-3-cloud-images-become-available/

> Since then I have periodically checked, but there is no Leap 42.3 AMI
> available. Support is ending for Leap 42.2 at the end of this week.

"Well there was a complete communication breakdown with the AWS
Marketplace team. We recently tied to figure out what happened back in
August but couldn't. Anyway, with the Spectre/Meltdown issues a new
image was created and handed over to the Marketplace team last week. I
will follow up on the status in a couple of days. If we do not get this
into Marketplace this week I will punt and publish the image such that
it shows up in the "Community Images" section.

Later,
Robert"

I jumped the gun on the email, as Robert has already responded.

Thanks.

Re: openSUSE 42.3 on AWS

Robert Schweikert-6
On 01/22/2018 12:40 PM, Mark Petersen wrote:

> On Monday, 22 January 2018 11:32:32 CST Mark Petersen wrote:

>>> Hi Mark,
>>> Ping Robert - https://github.com/rjschwei
>>>
>>> I sent him an email in December about it. I haven't seen it on there yet
>>> either.
>>> v/r
>>> Doug
>>
>> Doug,
>>
>> Thanks for the info. Email sent.
>>
>> Mark
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for breaking the thread
>
>> Back in August of 2017, it was announced that Leap 42.3 would be
>> available in the AWS Marketplace.
>>

> https://news.opensuse.org/2017/08/22/opensuse-leap-42-3-cloud-images-become-available/
>>
>> Since then I have periodically checked, but there is no Leap 42.3 AMI
>> available. Support is ending for Leap 42.2 at the end of this week.
>
> "Well there was a complete communication breakdown with the AWS
> Marketplace team. We recently tied to figure out what happened back in
> August but couldn't. Anyway, with the Spectre/Meltdown issues a new
> image was created and handed over to the Marketplace team last week. I
> will follow up on the status in a couple of days. If we do not get this
> into Marketplace this week I will punt and publish the image such that
> it shows up in the "Community Images" section.
>
> Later,
> Robert"
>
> I jumped the gun on the email, as Robert has already responded.
Published:

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01N4R3GJI

--
Robert Schweikert                   MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
Distinguished Architect                       LINUX

Re: openSUSE 42.3 on AWS

ddemaio

On 01/29/2018 02:11 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:

> On 01/22/2018 12:40 PM, Mark Petersen wrote:

>>> Doug,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the info. Email sent.
>>>
>>> Mark
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry for breaking the thread
>>
>>> Back in August of 2017, it was announced that Leap 42.3 would be
>>> available in the AWS Marketplace.
>>>

>> https://news.opensuse.org/2017/08/22/opensuse-leap-42-3-cloud-images-become-available/
>>> Since then I have periodically checked, but there is no Leap 42.3 AMI
>>> available. Support is ending for Leap 42.2 at the end of this week.
>> "Well there was a complete communication breakdown with the AWS
>> Marketplace team. We recently tied to figure out what happened back in
>> August but couldn't. Anyway, with the Spectre/Meltdown issues a new
>> image was created and handed over to the Marketplace team last week. I
>> will follow up on the status in a couple of days. If we do not get this
>> into Marketplace this week I will punt and publish the image such that
>> it shows up in the "Community Images" section.
>>
>> Later,
>> Robert"
>>
>> I jumped the gun on the email, as Robert has already responded.
> Published:
>
> https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01N4R3GJI

Thank you Robert. Much appreciated.
v/r
Doug

Re: openSUSE 42.3 on AWS

Mark Petersen
On Monday, 29 January 2018 07:11:31 CST Robert Schweikert wrote:

> On 01/22/2018 12:40 PM, Mark Petersen wrote:

> >> Doug,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the info. Email sent.
> >>
> >> Mark
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for breaking the thread
> >
> >> Back in August of 2017, it was announced that Leap 42.3 would be
> >> available in the AWS Marketplace.
> >
> > https://news.opensuse.org/2017/08/22/opensuse-leap-42-3-cloud-images-becom
> > e-available/>
> >> Since then I have periodically checked, but there is no Leap 42.3 AMI
> >> available. Support is ending for Leap 42.2 at the end of this week.
> >
> > "Well there was a complete communication breakdown with the AWS
> > Marketplace team. We recently tied to figure out what happened back in
> > August but couldn't. Anyway, with the Spectre/Meltdown issues a new
> > image was created and handed over to the Marketplace team last week. I
> > will follow up on the status in a couple of days. If we do not get this
> > into Marketplace this week I will punt and publish the image such that
> > it shows up in the "Community Images" section.
> >
> > Later,
> > Robert"
> >
> > I jumped the gun on the email, as Robert has already responded.
>
> Published:
>
> https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01N4R3GJI

Thank you Robert.