openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

Archie Cobbs
Attempting to build in openSUSE_12.2 results in:

    buildinfo is broken... it says:
    unresolvable: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed
by libcurl4

For example: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=s3backer&project=filesystems

Is this something that will fix itself automatically or does somebody
need to do something?

Thanks,
-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

Jan Engelhardt-4
On Wednesday 2013-05-29 19:59, Archie Cobbs wrote:

>Attempting to build in openSUSE_12.2 results in:
>
>    buildinfo is broken... it says:
>    unresolvable: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed
>by libcurl4
>
>For example: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=s3backer&project=filesystems
>
>Is this something that will fix itself automatically or does somebody
>need to do something?

Cristian Rodriguez added a symbol versioning patch that seems to have
never made it upstream. As such, 12.2's curl wants symbols that are not
present in newer versions of libssh2_org.

And it so happens there is a filesystems/libssh2_org shipping a new
version.

The way I see it, filesystems/libssh2_org can be removed as nothing from
the project seems to directly BuildRequire it.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

Cristian Rodríguez-2
El 29/05/13 14:48, Jan Engelhardt escribió:

> Cristian Rodriguez added a symbol versioning patch that seems to have
> never made it upstream. As such, 12.2's curl wants symbols that are not
> present in newer versions of libssh2_org.

I submitted the patch to upstream but it got lost somehow, I will try
again..


> The way I see it, filesystems/libssh2_org can be removed as nothing from
> the project seems to directly BuildRequire it.

Yes.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

Archie Cobbs
On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 29/05/13 14:48, Jan Engelhardt escribió:
>> Cristian Rodriguez added a symbol versioning patch that seems to have
>> never made it upstream. As such, 12.2's curl wants symbols that are not
>> present in newer versions of libssh2_org.
>> I submitted the patch to upstream but it got lost somehow, I will try
> again..
>
>> The way I see it, filesystems/libssh2_org can be removed as nothing from
>> the project seems to directly BuildRequire it.
>
> Yes.

Thanks for figuring out the problem and deciding upon what sounds like
the right solution.

Now is somebody, somewhere, actually going to apply this solution? Who
is the right person to do this?

So far, the problem is still with us...

Thanks,
-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

Philipp Thomas-3
On 31.05.13 16:03, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Who is the right person to do this?

Anybody listed by 'osc maintainer -e filesystems'

Philipp

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

Jan Engelhardt-4
On Friday 2013-05-31 16:18, Philipp Thomas wrote:

>On 31.05.13 16:03, Archie Cobbs wrote:
>
>> Who is the right person to do this?
>
>Anybody listed by 'osc maintainer -e filesystems'

The SR is there, it only needs to be accepted...
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

Archie Cobbs
In reply to this post by Philipp Thomas-3
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Philipp Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 31.05.13 16:03, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> > Who is the right person to do this?
>
> Anybody listed by 'osc maintainer -e filesystems'

Thanks... I should have figured that out myself.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

Philipp Thomas-3
In reply to this post by Jan Engelhardt-4
> The SR is there, it only needs to be accepted...
And it seems you forgot to give request a title as it shows as a request
with empty title.

Philipp


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE_12.2: nothing provides libssh2.so.1(LIBSSH2_1.3.0) needed by libcurl4

Jan Engelhardt-4
On Saturday 2013-06-01 15:29, Philipp Thomas wrote:

>> The SR is there, it only needs to be accepted...
>And it seems you forgot to give request a title as it shows as a request
>with empty title.

The webui must be broken... again.


$ osc rq show -d 176964
Request: #176964

  delete:       filesystems/libssh2_org


Message:
Nothing from filesystems/ seems to require this package, so delete to
avoid symbol issue
(http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2013-05/msg00198.html)

State:   new        2013-05-29T18:49:34 jengelh
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]