openSUSE 12.1 & runlevel 4 with VBox Guest Additions?

openSUSE 12.1 & runlevel 4 with VBox Guest Additions?

LLLActive@GMX.Net
Hi all,

openSUSE 12.1 in VirtualBox: ERROR with "Install Guest Additions"

" insserv: Service syslog is missed in the runlevels 4 to use service
xenstored" and fail to build the modules.

runlevel 4?

Found response by Adrian Schröter on 10 March 2011:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2011-03/msg00041.html

:-)
Dreiel

Re: openSUSE 12.1 & runlevel 4 with VBox Guest Additions?

Per Jessen-2
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> openSUSE 12.1 in VirtualBox: ERROR with "Install Guest Additions"
>
> " insserv: Service syslog is missed in the runlevels 4 to use service
> xenstored" and fail to build the modules.
>
> runlevel 4?

Edit the init-script "xenstored" and remove runlevel 4.  I had the same
issue with the HP Proliant service pack.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.3°C)