news release and social media translations

news release and social media translations

ddemaio
Hi all,
We are getting close to the release of Leap, but there are still a few
things we need help with.

There are two items that can really help us expand the awareness of
#openSUSELeap.

The media release that is planned to go out with the release can help us
publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different languages.
Please consider translating it and contacting your local news to publish
a story regarding Leap.
The link can be found at
https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages are
on the left side. Please update that to 42.1 If you language is not
there, please feel free to translate it and send me a wiki link.

Additionally, we would like help translating and publishing the social
media messages at https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan

Those who have already translated the release and social media plan,
thank you for your efforts and contributions.

Have a great day.

v/r
Doug

Re: [opensuse-web] news release and social media translations

Kostas Koudaras

> Hi all,
> We are getting close to the release of Leap, but there are still a few
> things we need help with.
>
> There are two items that can really help us expand the awareness of
> #openSUSELeap.
>
> The media release that is planned to go out with the release can help us
> publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different languages. Please
> consider translating it and contacting your local news to publish a story
> regarding Leap.
> The link can be found at
> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages are on
> the left side. Please update that to 42.1 If you language is not there,
> please feel free to translate it and send me a wiki link.
Already into it:
https://el.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1
Hope to finish it by tommorow.

> Additionally, we would like help translating and publishing the social media
> messages at https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan
>
> Those who have already translated the release and social media plan, thank
> you for your efforts and contributions.
>
> Have a great day.
>
> v/r
> Doug

--- \m/ ---
If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not
doing anything very innovative.
--- \m/ ---
me I am not I
--- \m/ ---

Re: news release and social media translations

victorhck

Hi !!

El 29/10/15 a las 08:05, Douglas DeMaio escribió:

> Hi all, We are getting close to the release of Leap, but there are
> still a few things we need help with.
>
> There are two items that can really help us expand the awareness
> of #openSUSELeap.
>
> The media release that is planned to go out with the release can
> help us publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different
> languages. Please consider translating it and contacting your local
> news to publish a story regarding Leap. The link can be found at
> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages
> are on the left side. Please update that to 42.1 If you language is
> not there, please feel free to translate it and send me a wiki
> link.

Here I have started with it:
- -
https://es.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Anuncio_de_la_publicaci%C3%B3n_de_la_ve
rsi%C3%B3n_Leap_42.1

And I have encourage to other users in spanish forums to collaborate
on it, and in another tasks

> Additionally, we would like help translating and publishing the
> social media messages at
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan

done in spanish!
Do you will send that messages in social media? Or are available for
users?

> Those who have already translated the release and social media
> plan, thank you for your efforts and contributions.

a pleasure!! ;)

> Have a great day.

and a lot of fun!! :þ

> v/r Doug

vhck

- --
- -------------------
GPG Key: 0xC9B7E22A
Aprende a proteger la privacidad de tu correo:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/es/

Quoting victorhck <[hidden email]>:

> Hi !!
>
> El 29/10/15 a las 08:05, Douglas DeMaio escribió:
>> Hi all, We are getting close to the release of Leap, but there are
>> still a few things we need help with.
>>
>> There are two items that can really help us expand the awareness
>> of #openSUSELeap.
>>
>> The media release that is planned to go out with the release can
>> help us publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different
>> languages. Please consider translating it and contacting your local
>> news to publish a story regarding Leap. The link can be found at
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages
>> are on the left side. Please update that to 42.1 If you language is
>> not there, please feel free to translate it and send me a wiki
>> link.
>
> Here I have started with it:
> - -
> https://es.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Anuncio_de_la_publicaci%C3%B3n_de_la_ve
> rsi%C3%B3n_Leap_42.1
>
> And I have encourage to other users in spanish forums to collaborate
> on it, and in another tasks
Thank you

>> Additionally, we would like help translating and publishing the
>> social media messages at
>> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan
>
> done in spanish!
> Do you will send that messages in social media? Or are available for
> users?
I'll send out the messages on the english pages we have. Those who are
on this list - https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_contacts
can send them out via the pages they manage.

>> Those who have already translated the release and social media
>> plan, thank you for your efforts and contributions.
>
> a pleasure!! ;)
>

>> Have a great day.
>
> and a lot of fun!! :þ
>

>> v/r Doug
>>

> vhck

Doug

Re: news release and social media translations

PatrickD Garvey
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Douglas DeMaio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The media release that is planned to go out with the release can help us
> publicize the release of #openSUSELeap in many different languages. Please
> consider translating it and contacting your local news to publish a story
> regarding Leap.
> The link can be found at
> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Release_announcement_42.1 Languages are on

Shouldn't the English language version of the openSUSE Leap 42.1
release announcement be filed at
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Release_announcement_42.1 ? That is,
in the openSUSE: namespace, not the Archive: namespace?

Re: news release and social media translations

G G-13
Hi,
i think is placed on Archive: just for pre-release editing. On the 4th
of November it will be moved on openSUSE: .

Bye
hawake

--
Linux user number 433087