Quantcast

new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Sarah Julia Kriesch
Dear Translators

some weeks ago I wrote a mail to all Translation Coordinators with a valid mail address that you all can translate, because our new release Leap 42.2 will come soon. I have got some answers and you can see some activity on Weblate: https://l10n.opensuse.org/languages/

But you can see that some languages haven't got any activity. They are all languages without mail address or the Coordinator hasn't given any feedback. That's the reason why I am writing to you now. ;-)

Haven't you got any mail by your Language Coordinator and do you want to bring all translations for your language forward?
You can become a Translation Coordinator for your country then. Update your language on https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_team and answer to this mail that you want to pick up this role for your language. I'll write it down then. Look that your mail address is in your openSUSE profile or a mailing list address is valid, that new interested Contributors can write to you.

I would be happy about (additional) Translation Coordinators for all important languages.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Sarah
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi,

Some questions:

As weblate permits anyone to start translating anytime, how can we,
the translation coordinators, coordinate something? For example, see
who is our team? Assign translations, etc.

And how this new people know that there is a translation team (or
coordinator) at all?

Regards,

Luiz

2016-09-27 9:55 GMT-03:00 Sarah Julia Kriesch <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Translators
>
> some weeks ago I wrote a mail to all Translation Coordinators with a valid mail address that you all can translate, because our new release Leap 42.2 will come soon. I have got some answers and you can see some activity on Weblate: https://l10n.opensuse.org/languages/
>
> But you can see that some languages haven't got any activity. They are all languages without mail address or the Coordinator hasn't given any feedback. That's the reason why I am writing to you now. ;-)
>
> Haven't you got any mail by your Language Coordinator and do you want to bring all translations for your language forward?
> You can become a Translation Coordinator for your country then. Update your language on https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_team and answer to this mail that you want to pick up this role for your language. I'll write it down then. Look that your mail address is in your openSUSE profile or a mailing list address is valid, that new interested Contributors can write to you.
>
> I would be happy about (additional) Translation Coordinators for all important languages.
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Sarah
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Guillaume Gardet
Le 27/09/2016 à 15:20, Luiz Fernando Ranghetti a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Some questions:
>
> As weblate permits anyone to start translating anytime, how can we,
> the translation coordinators, coordinate something? For example, see
> who is our team? Assign translations, etc.
>
> And how this new people know that there is a translation team (or
> coordinator) at all?

+1!

Guillaume

>
> Regards,
>
> Luiz
>
> 2016-09-27 9:55 GMT-03:00 Sarah Julia Kriesch <[hidden email]>:
>> Dear Translators
>>
>> some weeks ago I wrote a mail to all Translation Coordinators with a valid mail address that you all can translate, because our new release Leap 42.2 will come soon. I have got some answers and you can see some activity on Weblate: https://l10n.opensuse.org/languages/
>>
>> But you can see that some languages haven't got any activity. They are all languages without mail address or the Coordinator hasn't given any feedback. That's the reason why I am writing to you now. ;-)
>>
>> Haven't you got any mail by your Language Coordinator and do you want to bring all translations for your language forward?
>> You can become a Translation Coordinator for your country then. Update your language on https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_team and answer to this mail that you want to pick up this role for your language. I'll write it down then. Look that your mail address is in your openSUSE profile or a mailing list address is valid, that new interested Contributors can write to you.
>>
>> I would be happy about (additional) Translation Coordinators for all important languages.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Sarah
>> --
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2016-09-27 15:28, Guillaume Gardet wrote:

> Le 27/09/2016 à 15:20, Luiz Fernando Ranghetti a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Some questions:
>>
>> As weblate permits anyone to start translating anytime, how can we,
>> the translation coordinators, coordinate something? For example, see
>> who is our team? Assign translations, etc.
>>
>> And how this new people know that there is a translation team (or
>> coordinator) at all?
>
> +1!
+2!

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)


signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Sarah Julia Kriesch
In reply to this post by Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi Luiz,

everybody with a openSUSE account can start translating.
You can see the translation process of your team after choosing your language and looking into the process (beside of Overview) above of all translations.
Assigning is missing at the moment. Everybody can translate what he like...
But we are open for improvements and discussions.
New Contributors will find you (the Coordinator) on the Localization Team page ( https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_team ). That's the reason why I want to update that. We have got too many invalid mail addresses...
You'll have the overview on Weblate and can speak with all via mail.

Best regards,
Sarah

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. September 2016 um 15:20 Uhr
> Von: "Luiz Fernando Ranghetti" <[hidden email]>
> An: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: OS-trans <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] new volunteers for Translation Coordinators
>
> Hi,
>
> Some questions:
>
> As weblate permits anyone to start translating anytime, how can we,
> the translation coordinators, coordinate something? For example, see
> who is our team? Assign translations, etc.
>
> And how this new people know that there is a translation team (or
> coordinator) at all?
>
> Regards,
>
> Luiz
>
> 2016-09-27 9:55 GMT-03:00 Sarah Julia Kriesch <[hidden email]>:
> > Dear Translators
> >
> > some weeks ago I wrote a mail to all Translation Coordinators with a valid mail address that you all can translate, because our new release Leap 42.2 will come soon. I have got some answers and you can see some activity on Weblate: https://l10n.opensuse.org/languages/
> >
> > But you can see that some languages haven't got any activity. They are all languages without mail address or the Coordinator hasn't given any feedback. That's the reason why I am writing to you now. ;-)
> >
> > Haven't you got any mail by your Language Coordinator and do you want to bring all translations for your language forward?
> > You can become a Translation Coordinator for your country then. Update your language on https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_team and answer to this mail that you want to pick up this role for your language. I'll write it down then. Look that your mail address is in your openSUSE profile or a mailing list address is valid, that new interested Contributors can write to you.
> >
> > I would be happy about (additional) Translation Coordinators for all important languages.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Sarah
> > --
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Ludwig Nussel
In reply to this post by Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Luiz Fernando Ranghetti schrieb:
> As weblate permits anyone to start translating anytime, how can we,
> the translation coordinators, coordinate something? For example, see
> who is our team? Assign translations, etc.

Sarah already posted the link to the team listing in the wiki. I
don't know if Weblate has more features to help with that. What I
can see in the web ui is that you have a history of translations of
each project and you can subscribe to events such as new
translations, new strings and even new contributors. That looks like
powerful tools to get an overview of who is active in your language.

I don't know if Weblate offers features to explicitly assign
translations like a ticket system. Did SVN have that? As coordinator
you can certainly approach your team to split the work e.g. by
project in an informal way though. You can also check which
projects and components are most important and lack translations to
point out areas that need to be handled with priority.

skelcd-opensuse for example contains the license which is only shown
in a certain language if it's translated at 100%. So if it changes
(happened recently) it's worth notifying the translators:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/skelcd-opensuse/master/

I tried to create a page that shows an overview of the components
and main languages we have. Unfortunately Weblate has a bug and
shows non-existing translations as 100% sometimes:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_status
https://github.com/nijel/weblate/issues/1239

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\
  V_/_  http://www.suse.com/
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard,
Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Sarah Julia Kriesch


> Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. September 2016 um 16:03 Uhr
> Von: "Ludwig Nussel" <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] new volunteers for Translation Coordinators
> Sarah already posted the link to the team listing in the wiki. I
> don't know if Weblate has more features to help with that. What I
> can see in the web ui is that you have a history of translations of
> each project and you can subscribe to events such as new
> translations, new strings and even new contributors. That looks like
> powerful tools to get an overview of who is active in your language.
>
> I don't know if Weblate offers features to explicitly assign
> translations like a ticket system. Did SVN have that? As coordinator
> you can certainly approach your team to split the work e.g. by
> project in an informal way though. You can also check which
> projects and components are most important and lack translations to
> point out areas that need to be handled with priority.
>
That doesn't exist at the moment. Vertaal has contained that as a feature. You were able to assign po files as a Translator or a Reviewer.

> skelcd-opensuse for example contains the license which is only shown
> in a certain language if it's translated at 100%. So if it changes
> (happened recently) it's worth notifying the translators:
> https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/skelcd-opensuse/master/
>
> I tried to create a page that shows an overview of the components
> and main languages we have. Unfortunately Weblate has a bug and
> shows non-existing translations as 100% sometimes:
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_status
> https://github.com/nijel/weblate/issues/1239
All languages (with translation status)are listed here: https://l10n.opensuse.org/languages/

>
> cu
> Ludwig
>
> --
>   (o_   Ludwig Nussel
>   //\
>   V_/_  http://www.suse.com/
> SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard,
> Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Sarah
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Carlos E. R.-2
In reply to this post by Ludwig Nussel
On 2016-09-27 16:03, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

> I don't know if Weblate offers features to explicitly assign
> translations like a ticket system. Did SVN have that?

Not directly SVN, but by vertaal. For example in the Spanish team most
translators did not have an SVN account, but used vertaal to do the
downloading/uploading. Some teams autoassignated files; but in the end
when one translator took a file it was blocked for him in Vertaal. No
other translator could work on it. People could be assigned to a file as
translator or reviewer. The coordinator could unblock a file, and assign it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)


signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
2016-09-27 11:37 GMT-03:00 Carlos E. R. <[hidden email]>:

> On 2016-09-27 16:03, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
>
>> I don't know if Weblate offers features to explicitly assign
>> translations like a ticket system. Did SVN have that?
>
> Not directly SVN, but by vertaal. For example in the Spanish team most
> translators did not have an SVN account, but used vertaal to do the
> downloading/uploading. Some teams autoassignated files; but in the end
> when one translator took a file it was blocked for him in Vertaal. No
> other translator could work on it. People could be assigned to a file as
> translator or reviewer. The coordinator could unblock a file, and assign it.
>
> --
> Cheers / Saludos,
>
>                 Carlos E. R.
>                 (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)
>


Hi,


One interessting feature weblate will have and someone already talked
about in this list is a reviewer role, so every new translations comes
as a suggestion only, and the reviewer (can be the coordinator) will
accept it or not. I don't know the status of this feature.

The buttons on web ui of weblate should show the projects by language,
for example, the History button on the dashboard, if you click on it
you right now, you'll see some changes in "yast-rdp/master - Germany"
translations, not usefull for me. It should show translations in my
language only. The same for "Statistics" under "Tools", etc.

But, I really like weblate, it reduces the barrier for newcomers (I
see 2 new translators in one week).

Regards,

Luiz
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: new volunteers for Translation Coordinators

Carlos E. R.-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

On 2016-09-27 19:01, Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:

> One interessting feature weblate will have and someone already
> talked about in this list is a reviewer role,

Vertaal had it, per file, not per string. Lokalize has it, but I have
not tried it, I don't know what it does.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.

  (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)

iF4EAREIAAYFAlfqzSgACgkQja8UbcUWM1zSuwD/Wh8o9blqRUQrdAsAUd6tSb1k
tfOFo2IJxzcAhNhoa+MA/2oA8/TDo8G1To5oSlyLs8wZ7/Iy+wNCrhni7Oy0XnP3
=SyIy
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...