multiple specs for a single package

Darin Perusich-3
Hello All,

I'm packaging samhain and when it's built the resulting client
binaries are called "samhain", and the server are called "yule". To
simplify the spec I'd like to have a separate spec for the client and
server which I was hoping could be accomplished by having samhain.spec
and samhain-yule.spec in the package but only samhain.spec is built. I
know this is possible across different platforms, see link below, but
can what I'm trying to do be accomplished and how?

I'm sure I could provide a single spec to accomplish this but it would
be ugly having multiple %install sections and such.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=samhain&project=home%3Adeadpoint

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tips_and_Tricks#Using_different_spec_files_for_different_platforms

Thanks!
--
Later,
Darin

Re: multiple specs for a single package

Srinidhi B
 >>> On 10/22/2012 at 08:31 PM, Darin Perusich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm packaging samhain and when it's built the resulting client
> binaries are called "samhain", and the server are called "yule". To
> simplify the spec I'd like to have a separate spec for the client and
> server which I was hoping could be accomplished by having samhain.spec
> and samhain-yule.spec in the package but only samhain.spec is built. I
> know this is possible across different platforms, see link below, but
> can what I'm trying to do be accomplished and how?
>
> I'm sure I could provide a single spec to accomplish this but it would
> be ugly having multiple %install sections and such.

Link samhain package to a new package called samhain-yule. You'll then have samhain-yule.rpm generated in this new package.

Look at kernel-<flavor> packages inside openSUSE:{12.2,Factory} project as an example.

HTH,
Srinidhi.

Re: multiple specs for a single package

Adrian Schröter
Am Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 11:01:50 schrieb Darin Perusich:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm packaging samhain and when it's built the resulting client
> binaries are called "samhain", and the server are called "yule". To
> simplify the spec I'd like to have a separate spec for the client and
> server which I was hoping could be accomplished by having samhain.spec
> and samhain-yule.spec in the package but only samhain.spec is built. I
> know this is possible across different platforms, see link below, but
> can what I'm trying to do be accomplished and how?

You need to create a second container for the second build, but you can
keep maintaining it in one place

osc linkpac home:deadpoint samhain home:deadpoint smhain-yule

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Srinidhi B <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  >>> On 10/22/2012 at 08:31 PM, Darin Perusich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I'm packaging samhain and when it's built the resulting client
>> binaries are called "samhain", and the server are called "yule". To
>> simplify the spec I'd like to have a separate spec for the client and
>> server which I was hoping could be accomplished by having samhain.spec
>> and samhain-yule.spec in the package but only samhain.spec is built. I
>> know this is possible across different platforms, see link below, but
>> can what I'm trying to do be accomplished and how?
>>
>> I'm sure I could provide a single spec to accomplish this but it would
>> be ugly having multiple %install sections and such.
>>

> Link samhain package to a new package called samhain-yule. You'll then have samhain-yule.rpm generated in this new package.
>
> Look at kernel-<flavor> packages inside openSUSE:{12.2,Factory} project as an example.

This is working, thanks!

So when I want to submit this to another repository,
server:monitoring, will the link need to be recreated or will it
magically follow?

Am Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 13:39:13 schrieb Darin Perusich:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Srinidhi B <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  >>> On 10/22/2012 at 08:31 PM, Darin Perusich <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hello All,
> >>
> >> I'm packaging samhain and when it's built the resulting client
> >> binaries are called "samhain", and the server are called "yule". To
> >> simplify the spec I'd like to have a separate spec for the client and
> >> server which I was hoping could be accomplished by having samhain.spec
> >> and samhain-yule.spec in the package but only samhain.spec is built. I
> >> know this is possible across different platforms, see link below, but
> >> can what I'm trying to do be accomplished and how?
> >>
> >> I'm sure I could provide a single spec to accomplish this but it would
> >> be ugly having multiple %install sections and such.
> >>

> > Link samhain package to a new package called samhain-yule. You'll then have samhain-yule.rpm generated in this new package.
> >
> > Look at kernel-<flavor> packages inside openSUSE:{12.2,Factory} project as an example.
> >

> This is working, thanks!
>
> So when I want to submit this to another repository,
> server:monitoring, will the link need to be recreated or will it
> magically follow?

It is kind of a matrix, just add the repo and all sources will get
rebuild for that one as well.

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH