mp3 player

sfreilly

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: mp3 player

John Andersen
On Tuesday 07 November 2006 18:31, steve reilly wrote:

> Message was signed with unknown key 0x907C5846.
> The validity of the signature cannot be verified.
>   gpgkeys: key 5289AC25907C5846 not found on keyserver
> Hi,
>
> my mp3 player was stolen a couple days ago,

Apparently they stole your signature right off the key servers too.  ;-o

Steve: Please publish your key, or don't sign messages.
The above text doesn't bother me as much as the 30 second delay
while scanning the mailing list when it searches in vain for your key.
Kgpg can publish your key for you.

Your Query:  I've been quite happy with my Sandisk Sansa Model
m240 (1 gig).  Also available in 2 gig.  Cheap if you shop around.
Got mine from Amazon.

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

Re: mp3 player

sfreilly

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: mp3 player

Bruce Marshall
On Tuesday 07 November 2006 22:31, steve reilly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my mp3 player was stolen a couple days ago, an rca lyra , have started
> looking for a replacement, maybe an upgrade to another brand/style.  The
> rca worked nice with suse as it can be mounted as a usb mass storage
> device.  ( i like to drag and drop) mainly going to be used for podcasts, a
> little music, 1 gig should do fine.  any one on the list have a
> recommendation, something that works good for them?

I've been using the Samsung YP-U1   (1GB)  which does great and also plays ogg
files.   They don't make it anymore in that model but if you don't need ogg,
the newer models would be fine.   I just bought a YP-U1 reconditioned off
ebay for about 40% of the original price.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: mp3 player

Patrick Shanahan
* Bruce Marshall <[hidden email]> [11-08-06 09:16]:
> I've been using the Samsung YP-U1   (1GB)  which does great and also
> plays ogg files.  They don't make it anymore in that model but if you
> don't need ogg, the newer models would be fine.  I just bought a
> YP-U1 reconditioned off ebay for about 40% of the original price.

Somehow it seems that this conversation should be taking place on
suse-ot.

Afterall, it _was_ specifically created for that!
--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: mp3 player

Peo Nilsson
On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 06:40 -0500, steve reilly wrote:

> about the signing, as far as I know, the key has been uploaded to 2 different
> key servers, at least thats what kgpg has told me whenever I uploaded them.
> I cant even remember when I did it though, long time ago.  Just did it again
> so hopefully all is ok.
> let me know if not again ok.

In a shell you can type: gpg --search-keys "your email"
=> It should find your own key if uploaded.
(In the conf. file for gpg you have the key servers that you have
"active")

--
/Peo

--
Registered Linux User #432116, get counted at
http://counter.li.org

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: mp3 player

jfweber
into electronic streams flowing thru the cosmos On Wednesday 08 November
2006 9:13 am, Bruce Marshall wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 November 2006 22:31, steve reilly wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > my mp3 player was stolen a couple days ago, an rca lyra , have
> > started looking for a replacement, maybe an upgrade to another
> > brand/style.  The rca worked nice with suse as it can be mounted as a
> > usb mass storage device.  ( i like to drag and drop) mainly going to
> > be used for podcasts, a little music, 1 gig should do fine.  any one
> > on the list have a recommendation, something that works good for
> > them?
>
> I've been using the Samsung YP-U1   (1GB)  which does great and also
> plays ogg files.   They don't make it anymore in that model but if you
> don't need ogg, the newer models would be fine.   I just bought a YP-U1
> reconditioned off ebay for about 40% of the original price.

Hmmm, my husband uses that Samsung very happily.. I wanted more room and
got a Cowan iaudio x5 for roughly $40 more than I paid for his Samsung..
the iaudio has direct ( usb2) interface w/ the computer and you can drag
n drop your assorted audio files, flac , mp3, ogg etc. to teh music
directory on the iaudio it will then see and play them very happily. It
has a capacity of 20GB .. if you want you can take text files and jpegs
and use the little screen to read or look at pictures. It has about 14hr
battery life on a full charge.. so I can get just about anywhere on a
plane w/o going completely spare. I suspect you could fine an ebay or
refurb of it in the usual locations.. too

oh yeah it supposedly shows mpegs, but I haven't got it to recognize
those .. but even if I did, I don't think I'd waste the space to watch
something on a 2 inch screen...

See ya Space Cowboy

Bugzilla from andjoh@rydsbo.net
On Wednesday 08 November 2006 22:26, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hmmm, my husband uses that Samsung very happily.. I wanted more room and
> got a Cowan iaudio x5 for roughly $40 more than I paid for his Samsung..
> the iaudio has direct ( usb2) interface w/ the computer and you can drag
> n drop your assorted audio files, flac , mp3, ogg etc. to teh music
> directory on the iaudio it will then see and play them very happily. It
> has a capacity of 20GB .. if you want you can take text files and jpegs
> and use the little screen to read or look at pictures. It has about 14hr
> battery life on a full charge.. so I can get just about anywhere on a
> plane w/o going completely spare. I suspect you could fine an ebay or
> refurb of it in the usual locations.. too
>
> oh yeah it supposedly shows mpegs, but I haven't got it to recognize
> those .. but even if I did, I don't think I'd waste the space to watch
> something on a 2 inch screen...

I can vouch for the quality of the iAudio, it is absolutely brilliant. I have
an x5 too, and there is an x5l now with over 30 hours' battery life

About the movies, it works very well. The only thing is you have to convert
them first to the correct screen size and frame rate (can't remember what
right now, I have it written down somewhere)

And I do use the movies, sure the screen is small, but it beats the hell out
of the in-flight cinemas :)

2006 3:29 pm, Anders Johansson wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 November 2006 22:26, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hmmm, my husband uses that Samsung very happily.. I wanted more room
> > and got a Cowan iaudio x5 for roughly $40 more than I paid for his
> > Samsung.. the iaudio has direct ( usb2) interface w/ the computer and
> > you can drag n drop your assorted audio files, flac , mp3, ogg etc.
> > to teh music directory on the iaudio it will then see and play them
> > very happily. It has a capacity of 20GB .. if you want you can take
> > text files and jpegs and use the little screen to read or look at
> > pictures. It has about 14hr battery life on a full charge.. so I can
> > get just about anywhere on a plane w/o going completely spare. I
> > suspect you could fine an ebay or refurb of it in the usual
> > locations.. too
> >
> > oh yeah it supposedly shows mpegs, but I haven't got it to recognize
> > those .. but even if I did, I don't think I'd waste the space to
> > watch something on a 2 inch screen...
>
> I can vouch for the quality of the iAudio, it is absolutely brilliant.
> I have an x5 too, and there is an x5l now with over 30 hours' battery
> life
>
> About the movies, it works very well. The only thing is you have to
> convert them first to the correct screen size and frame rate (can't
> remember what right now, I have it written down somewhere)
>
> And I do use the movies, sure the screen is small, but it beats the
> hell out of the in-flight cinemas :)

Well, if you have time someday I'd appreciate the info on how to do the
Movie thing.. ( I've been thinking of "upgrading" Gil to this unit and
getting the x5I for me.. I spend more time on flights listening to music
and reading that anything else. ( There is something about sleeping in a
chair , even in First class , that just doesn't turn my brain off ..
managed to sleep on a couch in a departure lounge in Guam once or twice
but somehow even on flights where everyone ,except the pilots I
hope  ;)  , has long since dropped off to sleep I am still looking for
something to read.  . <sigh>

See ya Space Cowboy

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 15:29, Anders Johansson wrote:
> I can vouch for the quality of the iAudio, it is absolutely brilliant. I
> have an x5 too, and there is an x5l now with over 30 hours' battery life

Ok, cut it out!!!

You just cost me a lot of money...   :-)