missing obsolete/provides in kdav.spec

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi,

With the update to 20.03.80 I noted a conflict during the zypper up on
Leap 15.1 a lib was renamed but didn't include the tradicional
obsolete/provides tag:

linux-qz7m:/home/elchevive # zypper dup

Problema: problema com o pacote instalado
libKPimKDAV5-19.12.3-lp151.103.1.x86_64
 Solução 1: instalar libKPimKDAV5-18.12.3-lp151.1.1.x86_64 (com
alteração do fornecedor)
  obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE  -->  openSUSE
 Solução 2: manter o obsoleto libKPimKDAV5-19.12.3-lp151.103.1.x86_64

Escolha uma das opções acima pelo número ou cancele [1/2/c/d/?] (c):

I keep the obsolete (2) and after I had 2 packages:

linux-qz7m:/home/elchevive # zypper se DAV5

S  | Nome                 | Resumo                                   | Tipo
---+----------------------+------------------------------------------+-------
i  | libKF5DAV5           | Core library for kdav                    | pacote
i+ | libKPimKDAV5         | Core library for kdav                    | pacote

Looking in OBS I found the guilty:

19.12.3: (lines 46 to 58)
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Factory/kdav/kdav.spec?rev=e98ec954b03bcb7d6ea46c6ae7f8232b

20.03.80 (lines 46 to 58):
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/KDE:Applications/kdav/kdav.spec?expand=1

libKPimKDAV5 became libKF5DAV5

Regards,

Luiz

Re: missing obsolete/provides in kdav.spec

Wolfgang Bauer
No, the Provides/Obsoletes are *not* missing, adding them would be plain wrong
(IMNSHO).

The actual installed file has been renamed (upstream) from libKPimDAV.so.5 to
libKF5DAV.so.5 (that's the reason for the package name change in the first
place).
If an application needs libKPimDAV.so.5, it will not find it if only
libKF5DAV5 is installed, and will likely fail to start.

OTOH, it should be perfectly possible to install both side-by-side. In your
case, the only problem seems to be that a vendor change is necessary (which
zypper doesn't do by default), as you already have a newer libKPimDAV5 from
KDE:Applications installed.

I guess the real question is rather what on your system does still require
libKPimDAV5?
You probably "forgot" to upgrade something.

Run e.g. "rpm -e --test libKPimDAV5", that should tell you what requires it.

You could also try a "zypper dup --allow-vendor-change --from KDE:Applications
"(change that to the actual name of the repo on your system), that should
upgrade everything to the versions in KDE:Applications.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: missing obsolete/provides in kdav.spec

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti-2
Hi Wolfgang,

After the upgrade is done (KDE:Apps 19.12 to KDE:Apps 20.beta),
nothing more requires the old lib.

 The only problem here is this conflict you get while performing the
upgrade (this new package gets automatically selected, but the old one
is not removed or downgraded to Leap 15.1 OSS version).

New test, KDE:Apps already with 20.03beta:

linux-qz7m:/home/elchevive # rpm -e --test libKPimKDAV5

linux-qz7m:/home/elchevive # zypper rm -u libKPimKDAV5

O seguinte pacote será REMOVIDO:
  libKPimKDAV5

1 pacote para remover.
Após a operação, 286,9 KiB será liberado.
Continuar? [s/n/v/...? exibe todas as opções] (s): n

linux-qz7m:/home/elchevive # zypper dup

Problema: problema com o pacote instalado
libKPimKDAV5-19.12.3-lp151.103.1.x86_64
 Solução 1: instalar libKPimKDAV5-18.12.3-lp151.1.1.x86_64 (com
alteração do fornecedor)
  obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE  -->  openSUSE
 Solução 2: manter o obsoleto libKPimKDAV5-19.12.3-lp151.103.1.x86_64

Escolha uma das opções acima pelo número ou cancele [1/2/c/d/?] (c):

linux-qz7m:/home/elchevive # zypper dup --allow-vendor-change --from
'KDE Applications'
Calculando a atualização da distribuição...

Os seguintes 25 pacotes serão atualizados:
  dolphin dolphin-part dolphin-part-lang grantleetheme grantleetheme-lang
  kaccounts-integration kaccounts-integration-lang khelpcenter5
khelpcenter5-lang
  kipi-plugins kipi-plugins-lang konsole konsole-part
konsole-part-lang libdolphinvcs5
  libkaccounts1 libKF5GrantleeTheme5 libKGantt2 libkgantt-lang libkgapi-lang
  libKPimGAPICalendar5 libKPimGAPIContacts5 libKPimGAPICore5 libKPimGAPITasks5
  sasl2-kdexoauth2

25 pacotes a atualizar.
Tamanho total do download: 12,4 MiB. Já em cache: 0 B. Nenhum espaço
adicional será
usado ou liberado após a operação.
Continuar? [s/n/v/...? exibe todas as opções] (s):

Next test I choose to downgrade the package on zypper dup and then it
doesn't conflict anymore. I guess this problem will hit us on
transition from Leap 15.2 (wich will have 19.12 to Leap 15.3/16.0)

Regards,

Luiz

Am Freitag, 3. April 2020, 12:01:00 schrieb Luiz Fernando Ranghetti:
> After the upgrade is done (KDE:Apps 19.12 to KDE:Apps 20.beta),
> nothing more requires the old lib.
>
>  The only problem here is this conflict you get while performing the
> upgrade (this new package gets automatically selected, but the old one
> is not removed or downgraded to Leap 15.1 OSS version).
This is no conflict.

"zypper dup" tries to replace all installed packages with versions available
in the configured repos (that's how a "distribution upgrade" is defined).

In this case, there's only the 18.12.3 version from the standard Leap 15.1
repo, so zypper wants to downgrade the installed package to that one.
But that is from a different repo/vendor, so zypper asks for confirmation
because vendor change is *off* by default, as already mentioned.

The option "--allow-vendor-change" would make it do the switch automatically,
without asking.

> I guess this problem will hit us on
> transition from Leap 15.2 (wich will have 19.12 to Leap 15.3/16.0)
Certainly not.

There will be no libKPimDAV5 in the new (15.3/16.0) repos then, so "zypper
dup" will either remove it without asking, or just keep the installed version
(which, again, should not conflict with anything else).

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

PS: it really would help if you'd post such program output *in English*.
E.g. by running it like "LANG=C zypper dup".
 ;-)