menu items missing in new 15.2 plasma session

menu items missing in new 15.2 plasma session

Felix Miata-3
To an up to date 15.2 installation, originally an upgrade from 15.1, with only
TDE/TDM and IceWM installed for graphical environment, I ran:

        zypper in plasma5-session plasma5-workspace plasma5-theme-oxygen

This pulled in just short of 100 new packages total, including systemsetting5,
plasma5-framework, plasma5-desktop, konsole & spectacle. The session is
functional, but "Application Menu" is very scant, missing all the TDE apps, and
very conspicuously absent, "System Settings". I have to adjust everything except
panel and desktop via systemsettings5 from Konsole or Xterm cmdline or Alt-F2.
"System Settings" is present in "Application Launcher".

Any ideas how to get TDE's apps and "System Settings" into "Application Menu"?
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
        is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: menu items missing in new 15.2 plasma session

Frank Krüger
Am 06.10.20 um 03:28 schrieb Felix Miata:

> To an up to date 15.2 installation, originally an upgrade from 15.1, with only
> TDE/TDM and IceWM installed for graphical environment, I ran:
>
> zypper in plasma5-session plasma5-workspace plasma5-theme-oxygen
>
> This pulled in just short of 100 new packages total, including systemsetting5,
> plasma5-framework, plasma5-desktop, konsole & spectacle. The session is
> functional, but "Application Menu" is very scant, missing all the TDE apps, and
> very conspicuously absent, "System Settings". I have to adjust everything except
> panel and desktop via systemsettings5 from Konsole or Xterm cmdline or Alt-F2.
> "System Settings" is present in "Application Launcher".
>
> Any ideas how to get TDE's apps and "System Settings" into "Application Menu"?

Does unchecking "restore previous session" on login followed by
logout/login solve the issue?

Regards, Frank