master sound control?

Peter Van Lone
All of a sudden (maybe related to installation of gstreamer a few days
ago?) I get no sound output at all. I've double and triple checked all
of the options in kmix, and the sound controls in various programs
(amarok, realplayer, mplayer, etc ...) but nowhere can I find a
setting that gives me sound output.

All of these programs appear to be playing the media I select. I can
start and stop and I see sound level readings and what not.

Is there some super-secret "master setting" somewhere that would allow
me to get sound back, again?

Suse 10.0

Peter

--