majordomo

Ruben Safir
I know this will cause drowns, but I'm wondering if anyone is still
using majordomo any longer.  I was using it but this last upgrade seems
to have broken it and I can't get it to work.  There are sustantial perl
problems ($*) amoung other problems

Re: majordomo

Marcus Rueckert-3
On 2015-10-14 05:32:13 -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> I know this will cause drowns, but I'm wondering if anyone is still
> using majordomo any longer.  I was using it but this last upgrade seems
> to have broken it and I can't get it to work.  There are sustantial perl
> problems ($*) amoung other problems

zypper in mlmmj

    darix

--
           openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
               openSUSE is good for you

Re: majordomo

Ruben Safir
On 10/14/2015 06:16 AM, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> ypper in mlmmj
not majordomo though...

Re: majordomo

Per Jessen
Ruben Safir wrote:

> On 10/14/2015 06:16 AM, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
>> ypper in mlmmj
> not majordomo though...

There's also mailman, been using that for a good few years.  Not
majordomo either though.  I guess majordomo isn't actively maintained
if these perl issues aren't being fixed?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.3°C)
http://www.hostsuisse.com/ - virtual servers, made in Switzerland.

Re: majordomo

Anton Aylward-2
On 10/14/2015 07:22 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> Ruben Safir wrote:
>
>> On 10/14/2015 06:16 AM, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
>>> ypper in mlmmj
>> not majordomo though...
>
> There's also mailman, been using that for a good few years.  Not
> majordomo either though.  I guess majordomo isn't actively maintained
> if these perl issues aren't being fixed?

Google seems to indicate the site at GreatCircle has not been updated in
the last year.

There is contact information including phone numbers at
http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/
Why not contact them?
Isn't that part of what FOSS is about?  Making the developers available,
in contrast to the business hierarchy of the Big name Closed Source
organizations that isolate the users from the developers (never mind the
CEO!)

--
         A: Yes.