license texts update

Juergen Weigert-2
Hi!

I've walked throught he various license related files
 common_copyright_quick.xml
 common_copyright_opensuse.xml common_copyright_sle.xml common_legal.xml
 common_gplv2_i.xml common_gfdl_i.xml

in our internal and external repositories and edited them to
look more appealing. At least more appealing to me.
I am half lawyer half developer, so your milage may vary.

* The full texts of GFDL and GPL now appear exactly as written by the FSF.
  There were some minor edits, that we are not entitled to do.

* The copyright line of the GFDL boiler plate now says
  "(C) 2006-2010 Novell Inc. and contributors. All rights reserved."
  instead of several other forms, none of which honored any non-Novell
  contributors. (The term 'All rights reserved' is a nice-to-have for
  layers, but has no factual effect -- it bows to the terms of the GFDL.)

* Call the licenses GPLv2, GFDLv2.1 instead just GPL and GFDL.

Dinar, I also touched some files under */ru/, where I understood the english.
Please let me know if I messed up something. Hope not :-)

        cheers,
                JW-

--
 o \  Juergen Weigert  paint it green!    __/ _=======.=======_
<V> | [hidden email]       back to ascii!  __/        _---|____________\/

Re: license texts update

Bugzilla from lueck@hube-lueck.de
Am Donnerstag, 22. April 2010 21:00:52 schrieb Juergen Weigert:

> * Call the licenses GPLv2, GFDLv2.1 instead just GPL and GFDL.

There is no GFDLv2.1, the latest GFDL is v1.3 afaik?

--
Burkhard Lück