libreoffice colors

jdd@dodin.org
Hello,

since some time libreofice (openSUSE 42.3, plasma) uses a black theme
that make it nearly unusable for me

I know how to change the icons, but can't change the black color itself
(with white text)

any idea?
thanks
jdd
--
http://dodin.org

Re: libreoffice colors

James Knott
On 01/22/2018 09:19 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since some time libreofice (openSUSE 42.3, plasma) uses a black theme
> that make it nearly unusable for me
>
> I know how to change the icons, but can't change the black color
> itself (with white text)
>
> any idea?

There might be something in Tools > Options.  There's one item for
Application Colors and another for Accessibility.  You might also be
able to change the Theme in Personalization.

Re: libreoffice colors

Patrick Shanahan-2
* [hidden email] <[hidden email]> [01-22-18 09:21]:
> Hello,
>
> since some time libreofice (openSUSE 42.3, plasma) uses a black theme that
> make it nearly unusable for me
>
> I know how to change the icons, but can't change the black color itself
> (with white text)

maybe related to your workspace theme.  I have white bg with black text in
libreoffice.

> any idea?

libreoffice-kde4

or perhaps options -> libreoffice -> application colors/colours

Re: libreoffice colors

jdd@dodin.org
Le 22/01/2018 à 15:19, [hidden email] a écrit :

> I know how to change the icons, but can't change the black color itself
> (with white text)

https://www.cjoint.com/doc/18_01/HAwrktFDOgh_Screenshot-20180122-181009.png

image of what I have

I tested the tools options, with no result. I can change the icons
theme, have no alternative theme in personalization

I'm stuck

thanks
jdd

--
http://dodin.org

Re: libreoffice colors

jdd@dodin.org
Le 22/01/2018 à 15:19, [hidden email] a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> since some time libreofice (openSUSE 42.3, plasma) uses a black theme
> that make it nearly unusable for me
>
> I know how to change the icons, but can't change the black color itself
> (with white text)

found a usable, even if not nice looking solution: use gtk theme

in a sh script:

export GTK2_RC_FILES=$HOME/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4
export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome
libreoffice

perfectly usable

https://www.cjoint.com/doc/18_01/HAwtPtMbVZh_Screenshot-20180122-204059.png

jdd

--
http://dodin.org

Re: libreoffice colors

David C. Rankin
On 01/22/2018 08:19 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> since some time libreofice (openSUSE 42.3, plasma) uses a black theme that
> make it nearly unusable for me
>
> I know how to change the icons, but can't change the black color itself (with
> white text)
>
> any idea?
> thanks
> jdd

Make sure Tools->Options->LibreOffice->Accessibility->Options for High
Contrast Appearance->Automatically detect high contrast mode of operating system

is NOT checked -- this can really screw things up. Been a problem for years.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.