kmail lost ability to use gpg

Mathias Homann-2
Hi,

$subject says it all: I can't use gpg with kmail anymore.

I do have valid keys,  gpg works fine, and until recently it worked fine with
kmail, too. In actual fact, receiving gpg signed mails still works, decrypting
sill works, but when I try to send gpg signed or encrypted mail I get "you did
not configure a key for that identity", and when I try to set the key the
dropdowns in the crypto tab of the identity are all DISABLED.

Any ideas? kmail is 5.5.0, running inside kontact

cheers
Mathias

Re: kmail lost ability to use gpg

Erwin Lam-3
On zaterdag 6 mei 2017 23:35:39 CEST Mathias Homann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> $subject says it all: I can't use gpg with kmail anymore.
>
> I do have valid keys,  gpg works fine, and until recently it worked fine
> with kmail, too. In actual fact, receiving gpg signed mails still works,
> decrypting sill works, but when I try to send gpg signed or encrypted mail
> I get "you did not configure a key for that identity", and when I try to
> set the key the dropdowns in the crypto tab of the identity are all
> DISABLED.
>
> Any ideas? kmail is 5.5.0, running inside kontact
>
> cheers
> Mathias

Hi Mathias,

I had the same problem with that version of KMAIL. Publishing my key to a key
server solved it. Apparently, KMAIL expects to find the key on a key server.

Regards,
Erwin

--
Erwin Lam ([hidden email])

Am 07.05.2017 um 00:58 schrieb Erwin Lam:

> On zaterdag 6 mei 2017 23:35:39 CEST Mathias Homann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> $subject says it all: I can't use gpg with kmail anymore.
>>
>> I do have valid keys,  gpg works fine, and until recently it worked fine
>> with kmail, too. In actual fact, receiving gpg signed mails still works,
>> decrypting sill works, but when I try to send gpg signed or encrypted mail
>> I get "you did not configure a key for that identity", and when I try to
>> set the key the dropdowns in the crypto tab of the identity are all
>> DISABLED.
>>
>> Any ideas? kmail is 5.5.0, running inside kontact
>>
>> cheers
>> Mathias
> Hi Mathias,
>
> I had the same problem with that version of KMAIL. Publishing my key to a key
> server solved it. Apparently, KMAIL expects to find the key on a key server.

Hi,

my key is on the keyservers...

Cheers

MH

Re: kmail lost ability to use gpg

Mathias Homann-2
Solved... it looks as if it just takes quite some time for the crypto tab to
be usable if one's keyrings are rather large.

Cheers
Mathias