kmail gone screwy

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

kmail gone screwy

dwain.alford
If you have a Gmail account, you probably realize by now that your email
client has stopped delivering email to you.  I have been having trouble
all afternoon with Kmail and Thunderbird not bringing down the mail.  I
went to the google groups and I saw a post that Outlook is having the
same problem.

Is there another free email service I can switch to (not hotmail or
yahoo) that I can use Kmail (preferably) or Thunderbird?

Thanks, Dwain

--
Dwain Alford
P.O. Box 145
Winfield, Alabama  35594

telephone:  205.487.2570
cellphone:  205.495.5619

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

Magnus Boman-2
Dwain,

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 22:58 -0500, dwain wrote:
> If you have a Gmail account, you probably realize by now that your email
> client has stopped delivering email to you.  I have been having trouble
> all afternoon with Kmail and Thunderbird not bringing down the mail.  I
> went to the google groups and I saw a post that Outlook is having the
> same problem.

Do you know the reason for that? I'm using evolution and it doesn't have
any issues pulling down the emails via pop3.

>
> Is there another free email service I can switch to (not hotmail or
> yahoo) that I can use Kmail (preferably) or Thunderbird?
> Thanks, Dwain

Cheers,
Magnus


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

St. Joe
In reply to this post by dwain.alford
On Wednesday 11 April 2007 20:58, dwain wrote:
> If you have a Gmail account, you probably realize by now that your email
> client has stopped delivering email to you.  I have been having trouble
> all afternoon with Kmail and Thunderbird not bringing down the mail.  I
> went to the google groups and I saw a post that Outlook is having the
> same problem.

What are you talking about? I'm on Kmail/Gmail and have experienced no service
disruption. I am continuing to get Emails....to bad this problem did not
affect the junk mail senders -- lol. I'm not saying you are not having an
issue but there is nothing to be seen at my end and certainly nothing
universal to the problem as you inferred.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

Jorge Fábregas-2
In reply to this post by dwain.alford
On Wednesday 11 April 2007 11:58 pm, dwain wrote:
> If you have a Gmail account, you probably realize by now that your email
> client has stopped delivering email to you.  I have been having trouble
> all afternoon with Kmail and Thunderbird not bringing down the mail.  I
> went to the google groups and I saw a post that Outlook is having the
> same problem.

I had the same problem. It was the first time in about 5 months using the
Gmail POP3 access. Later at night it started working again.  
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

riccardo35
On Thu 12 Apr 2007 11:46, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> It was the first time in about 5 months using the
> Gmail POP3 access. Later at night it started working again

 from time-to-time have experienced interruptions in Gmail POP3 access -
during such periods, Web access has worked OK


friendly greetings

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

James Watkins
In reply to this post by dwain.alford
On Thursday 12 April 2007 04:58, dwain wrote:
> If you have a Gmail account, you probably realize by now that your email
> client has stopped delivering email to you.  I have been having trouble
> all afternoon with Kmail and Thunderbird not bringing down the mail.  I
> went to the google groups and I saw a post that Outlook is having the
> same problem.

No disruption here (Gmail POP3 on Kmail). Have you changed your password
recently? I have found that the POP3 service seems to go missing for a few
hours after updating my password.

James.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

dwain.alford
In reply to this post by Jorge Fábregas-2
On Thursday 12 April 2007, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 April 2007 11:58 pm, dwain wrote:
> > If you have a Gmail account, you probably realize by now that your email
> > client has stopped delivering email to you.  I have been having trouble
> > all afternoon with Kmail and Thunderbird not bringing down the mail.  I
> > went to the google groups and I saw a post that Outlook is having the
> > same problem.
>
> I had the same problem. It was the first time in about 5 months using the
> Gmail POP3 access. Later at night it started working again.

I'm back up also.  Screwy Gmail!

--
Dwain Alford
P.O. Box 145
Winfield, Alabama  35594

telephone:  205.487.2570
cellphone:  205.495.5619

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

dwain.alford
In reply to this post by riccardo35
On Thursday 12 April 2007, [hidden email] wrote:
> On Thu 12 Apr 2007 11:46, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> > It was the first time in about 5 months using the
> > Gmail POP3 access. Later at night it started working again
>
>  from time-to-time have experienced interruptions in Gmail POP3 access -
> during such periods, Web access has worked OK
>
>
> friendly greetings

correct, I had no problem accessing the account from the web, but I can't post
to this list because Gmail writes mail in html.

Cheers

--
Dwain Alford
P.O. Box 145
Winfield, Alabama  35594

telephone:  205.487.2570
cellphone:  205.495.5619

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

Patrick Shanahan
* dwain <[hidden email]> [04-12-07 12:41]:
 [...]
> correct, I had no problem accessing the account from the web, but I
> can't post to this list because Gmail writes mail in html.

relay your posts via your isp and use the gmail from addr.  Then you
see your own posts   :^)

--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
        OpenSUSE Linux             http://en.opensuse.org/
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

dwain.alford
On Thursday 12 April 2007, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * dwain <[hidden email]> [04-12-07 12:41]:
>  [...]
>
> > correct, I had no problem accessing the account from the web, but I
> > can't post to this list because Gmail writes mail in html.
>
> relay your posts via your isp and use the gmail from addr.  Then you
> see your own posts   :^)
>
> --
> Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
> http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org
> HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
>         OpenSUSE Linux             http://en.opensuse.org/
Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, how do I get to be a registered opensuse user with the free download
copy?  Or can I be registered with the free copy?

--
Dwain Alford
P.O. Box 145
Winfield, Alabama  35594

telephone:  205.487.2570
cellphone:  205.495.5619

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

Patrick Shanahan
* dwain <[hidden email]> [04-12-07 14:36]:
 [...]
> BTW, how do I get to be a registered opensuse user with the free
> download copy?  Or can I be registered with the free copy?

well, you have stopped top posting, now try trimming your replies and
cutting your sig to <= 4 lines.

In answer to your question, follow the provided urls.  Wasn't so hard,
was it?  BUT, it's 'Registered Linux User', not openSUSE.

--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
        OpenSUSE Linux             http://en.opensuse.org/
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail gone screwy

dwain.alford
On Thursday 12 April 2007, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * dwain <[hidden email]> [04-12-07 14:36]:
>  [...]
>
> > BTW, how do I get to be a registered opensuse user with the free
> > download copy?  Or can I be registered with the free copy?
>
> well, you have stopped top posting, now try trimming your replies and
> cutting your sig to <= 4 lines.
>
> In answer to your question, follow the provided urls.  Wasn't so hard,
> was it?  BUT, it's 'Registered Linux User', not openSUSE.
>
> --
> Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
> http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org
> HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
>         OpenSUSE Linux             http://en.opensuse.org/
I haven't been top posting.  I always had to move the cursor to the bottom of
the post before writing and this time the cursor automatically went to the
bottom.  Go figure.

As for the signature being 4 lines, I'm on it.

Thanks for the help.

--
Dwain Alford
P.O. Box 145
Winfield, Alabama  35594

telephone:  205.487.2570
cellphone:  205.495.5619

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment