kernel 4.14.11 and steam

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

kernel 4.14.11 and steam

mike-2

     Hi,

         Steam freezes computer on loading with latest kernel 4.14.11.
Works fine with 4.14.9.

         Not sure if any system info is necessary as this is the first
time this has happened. It is

         an AMD system with Phenom II and RX270 graphics card.

         Thanks,

                     mike spartana

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kernel 4.14.11 and steam

Marcus Meissner
Hi,

Yes, it will panic the kernel on all 32bit programs.

We are waiting for 4.14.12 or .13 to fix this.

You can boot the kernel with "nopti" to temporary disable
to borked security fix.

Ciao, Marcus

On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 10:27:09AM -0500, mike wrote:

>
>     Hi,
>
>         Steam freezes computer on loading with latest kernel 4.14.11. Works
> fine with 4.14.9.
>
>         Not sure if any system info is necessary as this is the first time
> this has happened. It is
>
>         an AMD system with Phenom II and RX270 graphics card.
>
>         Thanks,
>
>                     mike spartana
>
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

--
Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi. 3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <[hidden email]>
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kernel 4.14.11 and steam

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
On 01/08/2018 04:39 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> Yes, it will panic the kernel on all 32bit programs.

Oh, wow, that's actually quite an issue. Thanks for the heads-up!

Adrian
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kernel 4.14.11 and steam

Takashi Iwai
In reply to this post by Marcus Meissner
On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 16:39:59 +0100,
Marcus Meissner wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, it will panic the kernel on all 32bit programs.
>
> We are waiting for 4.14.12 or .13 to fix this.

4.14.12 still seems hitting it, judging from bsc#1075018.
Do you have any particular known fix in your mind?


thanks,

Takashi

>
> You can boot the kernel with "nopti" to temporary disable
> to borked security fix.
>
> Ciao, Marcus
>
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 10:27:09AM -0500, mike wrote:
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >         Steam freezes computer on loading with latest kernel 4.14.11. Works
> > fine with 4.14.9.
> >
> >         Not sure if any system info is necessary as this is the first time
> > this has happened. It is
> >
> >         an AMD system with Phenom II and RX270 graphics card.
> >
> >         Thanks,
> >
> >                     mike spartana
> >
> > --
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
>
> --
> Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi. 3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <[hidden email]>
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kernel 4.14.11 and steam

Peter Suetterlin
In reply to this post by Marcus Meissner
Marcus Meissner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, it will panic the kernel on all 32bit programs.

On that harware (AMD), or for everyone?

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]